ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley Stinks

Blocking like this might explain some.

Well then he won't win it. You can't get it based on potential. The numbers have to be there. So far he is 26th in the country in rushing. He's a running back. 4 QBs have more rushing yards. Of the past 5 RBs who have won the Heisman, one was out of the top 4. He was 11.

He is close to 100 in receiving. The numbers aren't there.

I have nitwit friends that compare him to the year Fitzgerald had. It isnt even close. Fitz was first in tds, second in yards, and 3rd in receptions. He was a sophomore was the reason why Fitz didnt win it. ( and shitty local writers)

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Well then he won't win it. You can't get it based on potential. The numbers have to be there. So far he is 26th in the country in rushing. He's a running back. 4 QBs have more rushing yards. Of the past 5 RBs who have won the Heisman, one was out of the top 4. He was 11.

He is close to 100 in receiving. The numbers aren't there.

You're absolutely right, he may not win it.

What many do not understand is how teams are doing everything to stop Barkley.

Yeah, that's something that no other running back has ever had to face before. When Barry Sanders was in college most teams didn't even scout the other guys so they had no idea he was really good until they played him. When Ron Dayne was rushing for over 2000 yards in the same conference that Penn State is in no one in the league ever gave a second thought to the fact that it might be a good idea to try to stop him. When Adrian Peterson ran for almost 2000 yards he was a freshman so clearly there was no reason for anyone to think that he was any good so no one paid him any extra attention at all. What Saquon Barkley has to face is clearly completely unprecedented in the history of college football.

Well, either that or you have no idea what you are talking about, one or the other.

He shouldn't be in conversation or considered.

Verses Northwestern

Daniel Jones ran 16 times for 108 yards and 2 TDs

A few weeks later

Barkley also ran 16 times for 75 yards and 2 TDs

Daniel Jones isn't even a running back.

He has 3 carries for 1 yard so far today. If that doesn't change in a big way, it's over today.
To UPS’s credit, they’re smart enough to not try to force a running game when their competition’s goal is to take it away. They’ve got so many offensive weapons that they can win even without an effective Barkley.

To UPS’s credit, they’re smart enough to not try to force a running game when their competition’s goal is to take it away. They’ve got so many offensive weapons that they can win even without an effective Barkley.
Yeah, McSorley doesn’t seem to be having too much of a problem picking apart MSU’s secondary. They didn’t seem to be getting any pressure on him either.

Another pathetic game from the world's greatest running back ever.

14 carries 63 yards (with a long of 36)

Do the math on the other 13 carries.

Against Indiana, he had a 98 yard kickoff for a TD and another 52 yards receiving for over 200 total yards...not sure 20 for 56 is telling the whole story there. I hate Penn State, but if Penn State wins out, he is still the favorite or top two for Heisman in my opinion

He MAY not win it????? He's NOT going to win it. He's not even going to get invited to NYC to watch it. Or he shouldn't be invited. Like I had said previously, Pitt had 3 recent RB's better than Barkley, and none of them were considered for the Heisman. He's a good RB, but nothing special in comparison to the others out there.

This week's performance lost it for him. It's over. But with three giant games against Rutgers Maryland Nebraska, he will get invited but he is not winning it. Completely agree now...

Barkley will be an avg NLF back like most of the other Nitters in the NFL.
Barkley is talented but doesn't have the grit and toughness necessary to be a great NFLer.

Barkley isn't producing because the offensive line stinks. Same reason Christian Hackenberg struggled while at Penn State, not because the player was overrated (note: I think Barkley is a terrific running back, just not the greatest of all time like many make him out to be).

Barkley isn't producing because the offensive line stinks. Same reason Christian Hackenberg struggled while at Penn State, not because the player was overrated (note: I think Barkley is a terrific running back, just not the greatest of all time like many make him out to be).
I’m thinking the odds of Barkley succeeding in the NFL are greater than the odds Hackenberg does.

I think this thread was originally sarcastic and made after he took either a kickoff return or pass to the house.

But it's funny how it is true to an extent, because he just isn't a consistent RB.

I love watching him.....because he is either making a spectacular play (fun to watch) or is getting stuffed (also fun to watch because of who he plays for)

The same reason Hackenberg struggled at PS??? Hackenberg couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn in a game of backyard football with the defense counting 7 Mississippi. I needed a good laugh. Thanks. Who was the Nitter writer that compared Hackenberg to Crosby? I couldn’t stop laughing for weeks after that one.

disagree, he's shown to be tough enough.
If he was NFL tough he wouldn't have the really bad games which he's had against teams with quality defensive players.

In the NFL you play against the best all day long!
He'll be an NFL player but not a great one!

He racked alot of stats against bad teams! The Big 10 has just a few good teams.

Great NFL backs ( like the Steelers Bell & others) make their breaks, find holes, run over & thru people to get yards when the O line isn't performing.

Barkley lays down when the going gets tough and that will catch up with him in the NFL! The D players in the NFL try to make RB's into space dust every week!

The same reason Hackenberg struggled at PS??? Hackenberg couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn in a game of backyard football with the defense counting 7 Mississippi. I needed a good laugh. Thanks. Who was the Nitter writer that compared Hackenberg to Crosby? I couldn’t stop laughing for weeks after that one.

Adamski for the trib. Amazing how openly biased these a-holes are....Adamski, Bittner, Hagman, Biertemfel. Check their twitters if you doubt this.

Forgot about that, who was that dolt?

I am fully aware of the Nitter media bias in the Pittsburgh media. It is a Propoganda Machine.

And they did their best to make sure PSU rose again from the "crippling" sanctions. Even non-alum like Cook & Smizik did all they could to "start healing" and move on. Amazing not one investigative report on the whole Sandusky affair. Heck even the fraternity story was mostly wire service reports, nothing investigative. Their college writer, bill Schackner, was busy writing about the creamery.

I was being sarcastic in my post, but the Nitters are basically putting 100 percent of the blame on the offensive line for Barkley's struggles. They did the same exact thing for Hackenberg, the guy they called the top overall draft pick the moment he committed to Penn State.

Have to give credit to Dokish for this: Penn St is 79th in rushing offense with Barkley, Pitt is 85th without him.

I was being sarcastic in my post, but the Nitters are basically putting 100 percent of the blame on the offensive line for Barkley's struggles. They did the same exact thing for Hackenberg, the guy they called the top overall draft pick the moment he committed to Penn State.
One of the problems with Franklin is that he seems to establish a "fall guy or girl" everytime things begin to fall apart!
How about some personal responsibility for the things that go wrong with your football team Coach Dudster!

Amazingly Barkley is still the odds on favorite (-110) at a major Vegas book this morning. He may literally have to get hurt or really stink the next few games not to win it.

Mayfield listed at +125, Love at +550.

You would think that at some point over the last 5 years they'd think to fix that O-line situation....

14 carries 35 yards 2.5 YPC.

Maybe he's just not a very good running back.

Give me a break. Yea, a 230 lb running back with 4.34 speed who reps 225 30 times, who hurdles players, who has vision that shakes LBs out of their jocks, who has returned a couple kicks for touchdowns, who lead the B10 in receiving after 6 games, who lead the nation in yards after contact as a freshman playing behind a below average line. Yeah, he has nothing in common with the great ones. The pro scouts beg to differ with you. Sometimes I feel sorry for the kid that he plays in that style of offense. On the other hand, its allowed him to showcase all his talents, develop a variety of skill sets, and average over 200 all purpose yards per game and will really prepare him for the NFL.

And Barrett - He's only completing over 70% of his passes while his team is averaging around 45 points a game. He will have a great chance to win the Heisman if his team wins out the B10 and does well in the playoffs. He's a tremendous athlete who is beginning to flourish under Wilson's coaching and he was already good. Wilson's doing the same thing for OSU that Moorhead did for PSU except OSU has more overall talent and depth. Wilson is building passing schemes into Urban's RPO that is really beginning to pay dividends. OSU will really be tough by the end of year.

OMG, can we please just ileave PSU alone? Its bad enough we live amongst some, have to deal with them in social media, and play them in a 4year series. But we also obsessively post over them too.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT