ADVERTISEMENT

Bubble Viewing Guide - 02/25 - Disappointment Edition

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
FLpanther2.jpg

The Panthers are still looking for one more signature win to punch their NCAA ticket. Let's review last night's action... starting with the biggest loser's first.

Wednesday's Biggest Losers

Pitt
1700476_370.jpg

Our Panthers saw their RPI plummet from 36th to 45th... and their NCAA chances fall from 64.6% to 49.1%.
Not good. It was a game that was there for the taking. And now Pitt is in a position where a win over Duke this Sunday would be a very, very good thing for their NCAA chances. Otherwise, they'll likely have to win two road games to close out the season.

VCU
tumblr_n4ym7rz6ci1tpgwt3o1_1280.jpg

VCU went on the road against 9-18 George Mason.... and allowed George Mason to get their 10th win. It was a horrible, horrible loss for VCU. It dropped their NCAA chances from 90.3% to 67.9%. The Rams went from safely in to "oh sh*t, we better win some more games" in one bad night.

Creighton
dead-jay.jpg

The Blue Jays couldn't afford a home loss against Marquette. But that's exactly what they did. Their chances fell from 24.8% all the way down to 10%. A season-crushing loss.

Washington
ec1355b2cf81fa0523bb93a7649b856e.jpg

UDub lost 82-81 on a buzzer beater against fellow bubbler Oregon State....that effectively ended their hopes at a NCAA bid. Chances fell from 9.2% to 4.8%.

Wednesday's Winners

Wisconsin
Cheerleaders.png

The Badgers' win at Iowa moved them from 74.4% to lock territory at 92.4%. They've now won 8 of their past 9 games. They're surging at the right time. Have a brewski, gang. You're in.

Colorado
colorado-cheerleaders_display_image.jpg

They stormed the court after beating Arizona last night. That pissed Sean Miller off, and he said in his postgame comments that one of these days "an Arizona player is going to punch a fan."
ab8dd89c1a607e6354b07324c80f9cc2.jpg

But Colorado got the signature win they needed. Their chances went from 42.4% all the way up to 73.8%. That's worth taking a fist to the chops.

Michigan
MichiganLegLine.jpg

The Wolverines fell behind 10-0 at home to Northwestern, but stormed back to get a relatively easy victory. Their chances improved from 63.0% to 66.3%. Not a big jump, but still in the right direction.

George Washington
GW_VS_UVA-49-IMG01-1500x.jpg

The Colonials improved their chances from 29.8% to 38.8% after their road win over Richmond.

St. Bonaventure
female2.gif

Sorry. There are literally no attractive pictures of St. Bonaventure cheerleaders on the entire internet. This is the best they've got. Let's hope they never win another game. Thanks a lot, Duquesne. Their chances went from 60.0% to 62.5%.

San Diego State
SDSU1.jpg

San Diego State twisted and contorted their way to a good road win at Wyoming. Their chances went from 50.1% to 58.2%.

Oregon State
13620841095_69b943450d_b.jpg

Nice Beavers! (Naked Gun reference, get your minds out of the gutter). Their buzzer beating win against UDub improved the Beavers' chances from 44.8% to 52%.

Thursday's Bubble Action

Hofstra (RPI: 66 Chances: 31.9%)
at UNC-Wilmington (RPI: 61 Chances: 53.3%)
7pm, no TV
- The winner puts themselves in a position to possibly get an at-large bid without winning the conference. Whoever wins this game, let's hope they win the conference tourney also. Go Whoever!

Providence (RPI: 39 Chances: 57.0%)
at Seton Hall (RPI: 44 Chances: 66.2%)
7pm, FS1
- This is a game that will both help Pitt and hurt Pitt. One team likely punches their ticket, and the other likely drops behind Pitt. In general, root for the road team in these kinds of games, because the home loss would be more devastating. So ... Go Friars... barely.

UCLA (RPI: 74 Chances: 16.6%)
at California (RPI: 20 Chances: 97.4%)
9pm, ESPN2
- Cal is in. I only list them because a home loss MIGHT drop them below 90% and theoretically back onto the bubble. But assuming they take care of business, UCLA will be 6-9 in conference and D-O-N-E. Go Bears!

Gonzaga (RPI: 67 Chances: 57.1%)
at San Diego
10pm, no TV
- San Diego is one of the worst teams in college basketball at 8-19. If Gonzaga were to lose this one, their only hope to make the dance would be to win the WCC tourney. And that's remarkable, since they have two future NBA players in Wiltjer and Sabonis. This is one of Mark Few's worst coaching jobs, and he can't afford to lose another game. Go Toreros! (yes, that's what San Diego's mascot is).

USC (RPI: 32 Chances: 80.6%)
at Stanford
11pm, P12N
- The Trojans are on the good side of the bubble, but can't afford to slip up against a mediocre Cardinal team. Go Cardinal!

Bump, I guess. Nobody cares about the bubble after a loss.

No, you probably gave a couple of the old-timers a heart attack w/ the cheerleaders pics...

I'm an old timer in good shape and they made my heart go a little flutter but...

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Chairman Moe
Your cheerleader pics all seem vaguely similar...... The dead animals are an interesting touch.
This is REALLY great stuff...well done, '89, well done.

Reactions: Chairman Moe
Your cheerleader pics all seem vaguely similar...... The dead animals are an interesting touch.
This is REALLY great stuff...well done, '89, well done.
Yes they are similar...I sure he didn't intend them to be that "vague" - just a coincidence I suppose.

Very few viewers of today's Bubble Guide.

HEY EVERYONE! THERE'S PRETTY GIRLS IN HERE!

Reactions: PittPoker
Can I request no more hurt/dead animal pictures anymore? Sorry to sound like such a bed wetter, but it makes me sad.

Reactions: NC Panther
FLpanther2.jpg

The Panthers are still looking for one more signature win to punch their NCAA ticket. Let's review last night's action... starting with the biggest loser's first.

Wednesday's Biggest Losers

Pitt
1700476_370.jpg

Our Panthers saw their RPI plummet from 36th to 45th... and their NCAA chances fall from 64.6% to 49.1%.
Not good. It was a game that was there for the taking. And now Pitt is in a position where a win over Duke this Sunday would be a very, very good thing for their NCAA chances. Otherwise, they'll likely have to win two road games to close out the season.

VCU
tumblr_n4ym7rz6ci1tpgwt3o1_1280.jpg

VCU went on the road against 9-18 George Mason.... and allowed George Mason to get their 10th win. It was a horrible, horrible loss for VCU. It dropped their NCAA chances from 90.3% to 67.9%. The Rams went from safely in to "oh sh*t, we better win some more games" in one bad night.

Creighton
dead-jay.jpg

The Blue Jays couldn't afford a home loss against Marquette. But that's exactly what they did. Their chances fell from 24.8% all the way down to 10%. A season-crushing loss.

Washington
ec1355b2cf81fa0523bb93a7649b856e.jpg

UDub lost 82-81 on a buzzer beater against fellow bubbler Oregon State....that effectively ended their hopes at a NCAA bid. Chances fell from 9.2% to 4.8%.

Wednesday's Winners

Wisconsin
Cheerleaders.png

The Badgers' win at Iowa moved them from 74.4% to lock territory at 92.4%. They've now won 8 of their past 9 games. They're surging at the right time. Have a brewski, gang. You're in.

Colorado
colorado-cheerleaders_display_image.jpg

They stormed the court after beating Arizona last night. That pissed Sean Miller off, and he said in his postgame comments that one of these days "an Arizona player is going to punch a fan."
ab8dd89c1a607e6354b07324c80f9cc2.jpg

But Colorado got the signature win they needed. Their chances went from 42.4% all the way up to 73.8%. That's worth taking a fist to the chops.

Michigan
MichiganLegLine.jpg

The Wolverines fell behind 10-0 at home to Northwestern, but stormed back to get a relatively easy victory. Their chances improved from 63.0% to 66.3%. Not a big jump, but still in the right direction.

George Washington
GW_VS_UVA-49-IMG01-1500x.jpg

The Colonials improved their chances from 29.8% to 38.8% after their road win over Richmond.

St. Bonaventure
female2.gif

Sorry. There are literally no attractive pictures of St. Bonaventure cheerleaders on the entire internet. This is the best they've got. Let's hope they never win another game. Thanks a lot, Duquesne. Their chances went from 60.0% to 62.5%.

San Diego State
SDSU1.jpg

San Diego State twisted and contorted their way to a good road win at Wyoming. Their chances went from 50.1% to 58.2%.

Oregon State
13620841095_69b943450d_b.jpg

Nice Beavers! (Naked Gun reference, get your minds out of the gutter). Their buzzer beating win against UDub improved the Beavers' chances from 44.8% to 52%.

Thursday's Bubble Action

Hofstra (RPI: 66 Chances: 31.9%)
at UNC-Wilmington (RPI: 61 Chances: 53.3%)
7pm, no TV
- The winner puts themselves in a position to possibly get an at-large bid without winning the conference. Whoever wins this game, let's hope they win the conference tourney also. Go Whoever!

Providence (RPI: 39 Chances: 57.0%)
at Seton Hall (RPI: 44 Chances: 66.2%)
7pm, FS1
- This is a game that will both help Pitt and hurt Pitt. One team likely punches their ticket, and the other likely drops behind Pitt. In general, root for the road team in these kinds of games, because the home loss would be more devastating. So ... Go Friars... barely.

UCLA (RPI: 74 Chances: 16.6%)
at California (RPI: 20 Chances: 97.4%)
9pm, ESPN2
- Cal is in. I only list them because a home loss MIGHT drop them below 90% and theoretically back onto the bubble. But assuming they take care of business, UCLA will be 6-9 in conference and D-O-N-E. Go Bears!

Gonzaga (RPI: 67 Chances: 57.1%)
at San Diego
10pm, no TV
- San Diego is one of the worst teams in college basketball at 8-19. If Gonzaga were to lose this one, their only hope to make the dance would be to win the WCC tourney. And that's remarkable, since they have two future NBA players in Wiltjer and Sabonis. This is one of Mark Few's worst coaching jobs, and he can't afford to lose another game. Go Toreros! (yes, that's what San Diego's mascot is).

USC (RPI: 32 Chances: 80.6%)
at Stanford
11pm, P12N
- The Trojans are on the good side of the bubble, but can't afford to slip up against a mediocre Cardinal team. Go Cardinal!
If u look closely - the Oregon St cheerleader has a hole in her underwear.

Reactions: NTOP
Not sure it was a hole but good catch.

I will go blind figuring it out

Reactions: NTOP
This is a good post. This post should be a regular thing from January 1 on. Way better than looking at Lunardi EVER. To be honest, ESPN should adopt YOUR format for this and watch the social media reach jump through the roof.

Watched every minute of the Washington/OSU game as I had a play on UW ml +165. You'd think I'd learned my lesson by now, but no had to get Romar-ed yet again. This guys foibles in the last couple minutes of games are legendary, and last night was no exception. Unbelievable that they blew this game.

Congratulations to Wayne Tinkle and his team. Not the most talented group out there, but certainly tough minded.

To Pitt girl... the Bubble Guide is irreverent and politically incorrect. I'll keep it in mind, but can't make any promises.

If u look closely - the Oregon St cheerleader has a hole in her underwear.
I think that you are seeing the edge of her skirt as it wraps around the back. You can see the black edge. Yeah, I looked! Guilty as charged!

Can I request no more hurt/dead animal pictures anymore? Sorry to sound like such a bed wetter, but it makes me sad.
I agree whole heartily with this....we don't need that.

Sub with more cheerleaders!

He didn't hurt any animals. There are just pictures of them. Jeez Louise can't we as a group just enjoy something.

This is really a cool thing.

He didn't hurt any animals. There are just pictures of them. Jeez Louise can't we as a group just enjoy something.

Bob - I really enjoy this too. UPITT89 is a clever guy and I don't think he ever did that in seasons past when writing up this bubble guide, so I'm hoping he may come up with something else. I just have a thing about animals and seeing them hurt or dead makes me sad. Call me crazy.

Like I don't understand that the OP didn't hurt any animals...so it's pitt-girl's and my bad that we don't like to see pictures of dead animals?

Ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT