ADVERTISEMENT

Bucco Fever ~ Catch It

Maybe we've finally figured out what the Pirates need. Three days off between games. It is currently the 2nd inning, and the Pirates are somehow ahead 9-0. They've already hit three home runs.

Do not, however, assume that the Bucco bullpen can't figure out a way to blow this.

Reactions: TempleBAPittMPA
Both the Saturday and Sunday games are postponed, they may try to play a double header on Monday when both teams were supposed to be off if everyone tests negative today and tomorrow.

what's with these teams testing positive right before playing Parts? Easy wins thrown out the window

Red Sox payroll is around $190MM and they have 6 wins. Buccos payroll is around $25MM and they 4. In terms of $ per win, your Bucs have figured out how to get wins at 1/5 of the cost of the big market BoSox. And before you blow me up, both teams are in the same position in the standings.

#BMTIB

I saw on ESPN that the Buccos were no hit by the White Sox Lucas Giolito. Like a lot of records in this short season I assume this will have an asterisk. I mean he was only facing the Pirates.

I looked at the box score and there is reason for hope. A full 3 or their starting 9 (including DH) are now hitting above .200.

* No Nos don't count against the pirates

I saw on ESPN that the Buccos were no hit by the White Sox Lucas Giolito. Like a lot of records in this short season I assume this will have an asterisk. I mean he was only facing the Pirates.

I looked at the box score and there is reason for hope. A full 3 or their starting 9 (including DH) are now hitting above .200.

We were talking last week about them just tanking the whole season to get the number one draft pick, and I have to say that I don't know if that's what they are doing, but it sure looks like that's the strategy.

This team has about six guys, maybe seven, who ought to be playing all the time. Especially in a short season. Assuming that your goal is to win as much as possible. Bell, Frazier, Newman, Moran, Reynolds and Polanco, and perhaps, dare I say it, Stallings (as much for his defense as his offense). And yet every day one or two or more of those guys are sitting on the bench while we see Dyson and Evans (who has actually hit the ball pretty well so far) and Murphy and Gonzalez and Heridia out in the field. Why?

Cole Tucker looks over matched at times, but at least he's a young guy that you are trying to find out about and who you hope will get better with time. What does a guy like Jarrod Dyson bring to the table. He's old, so he's not going to get any better. The last few years he's stunk, .230/.313/.320 last year and .189/.282/.257 (good god, a .257 slugging percentage!) two years ago. Why on earth is he anything more than a once a week fill it? Hell, why is he even on the roster?

And then you have the foolish aggressiveness on the bases, which is getting guys thrown out at a ridiculous rate. Why?

I'll tell you why. They aren't trying to win. They are trying to lose so much they get that number one pick.
As they should. The farm system is so barren.......people remember how bad 1985 was, but in 1985 the system had a Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla in it. It also had an ownership that wasn't afraid to spend and GM unencumbered by ownership shackles.

This franchise is so bad....so awful, unlike the White Sox with say a Chris Sale or the Rays with...ahem Chris Archer, the Pirates have no trade chips that is going to command big return. At one point I thought Josh Bell was that guy, but now don't think so.

This is going to take....awhile. They need to finish at the bottom. Secondly, Nutting took so long to get a GM in place, they kept the scouts and player development guys like Kyle Stark. They need gone. This franchise needs new eyes looking for talent.

This team will take at least 5 years to even contend for .500.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT