ADVERTISEMENT

Cant say I blame them

This could be Rothstein’s dumbest tweet ever and that’s saying something. Every single possession of every game for every team is readily available and sortable by the type of possession, the player, the result etc. any team could look at say Robert Morris’ roster, find the leading scorer and pull up every Pick n roll situation they had all year within 3 mins. Maybe 1 school said this.

This could be Rothstein’s dumbest tweet ever and that’s saying something. Every single possession of every game for every team is readily available and sortable by the type of possession, the player, the result etc. any team could look at say Robert Morris’ roster, find the leading scorer and pull up every Pick n roll situation they had all year within 3 mins. Maybe 1 school said this.

I cannot imagine that any college coach would actually be dumb enough to think that not playing any P5 schools will mean that no one will know who his good players are and how good they are.

I wonder though, if there really is a coach dumb enough to think that way, will they decline an NCAA or NIT bid for the same reason?

I cannot imagine that any college coach would actually be dumb enough to think that not playing any P5 schools will mean that no one will know who his good players are and how good they are.

I wonder though, if there really is a coach dumb enough to think that way, will they decline an NCAA or NIT bid for the same reason?
Simple solution: fake uniform names and numbers.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Interesting theory and there is some logic in there. Reminds me of teacher unions objecting to things that are more than reasonable only with a desire to extract more out of the deal. Probably the idea here.

There is a zero point zero chance that low majors pass up buy games, which are a big part of their budget, in the name of trying to hide your guys from the spotlight. I’d love to be a fly on the wall when this coach tells his AD that they want to pass on 400-500K

Money rules college athletics , take 4 or 5 hundred thousand dollars out of budget of a smaller university whose going to be the first to suffer …..the overpaid head coaches !

A group that will suffer will be high school kids , who would you take ? A high schooler rated 225 or a freshman that was rated 225 the previous yr who far exceeded expectations at a smaller or less successful school ? Might actually help schools like Pitt recruit high school kids .

But can schools like Pitt keep overachieving freshman ?

Interesting times lie ahead .

Simple solution: fake uniform names and numbers.

Mississippi Valley State did this with Jerry Rice. School was small and this was pre-internet, pre-cable so there wasn't much film back then. Teams knew who he was so his team would change his number pre-game and try to catch them off guard a few times. After a couple of plays, it was pretty clear which WR was the future Hall of Famer.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
maybe like having all players sporting the Kurt Rambis look?

Get some tips from this guy:

bobby-valentine-e1591717913168.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT