ADVERTISEMENT

Chick Fil-A Drive Thru

Again, I think alot of their success is because of what I posted above, the Riverhounds, and people just sick and tired of having always left causes dominate business plans and decisions and because Chick Fil A has refused to bow down, people are just patronizing them as a reward.

I am not saying this to be critical and in many ways I respect it. Because everything shouldn't be so one sided. But I do think aside from having quality product and service, their "business plan" of being right leaning draws business to them.

They have certainly secured the christian right lane of the fast food world.

Not sure if that leaves any room for my Jesus Juice franchise.

you think people wait in long lines over the competitor because the CEO likes God? maybe or maybe not. The customer service thing is ridiculous though. usually i could care less if the person working tells me thanks or now, who cares but damn if those stores arent spot on clean and the people working behind the counters are always really helpful and quick.
Yea, I mean the chicken is seriously the best in the world and you get it for $5. Yea, yea Popeyes is good and Im sure there is some obscure restaurant somewhere with a great $20 chicken sandwich but for $5, they're practically giving that stuff away....which is one reason I think they should raise prices. Demand is greater than supply.

I dont know why people are just realizing this though. I used to love eating Chik Fil A in the malls in the 90s and would use my dining dollars at that Chik Fil A in the Cathedral every Friday. Still pissed they wouldn't accept meal blocks or whatever it was called but I had $225 dining dollars so I could eat there once a week. BTW, back then I figured out that a $4.85 Pitt meal block was actually equal to 7.79 US Dollars and that is before student loan interest.

He's working on it now.

20200710arChicfilaLine02-1-1594672414.jpg
See, that footprint is just too small. They need another lot. Have 1 entrance/1 side of the parking lot for eat-in customers. The other/bigger lot/side is where the circus can take place.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I am just wondering if the popularity of Chick Fil A is something else other than the food. I mean the food is good, but it is not over the top that spectacular. And the portion sizes (because lord knows in Pittsburgh we love our portion sizes) aren't any bigger than anywhere else.

Again, I would stop at Chick Fil A more often but the lines scare me. But sometimes I wonder why those lines are so long. And I think I know.
It is the best fast food in the minds of many. I don’t think politics keeps anyone in business. Unless they are getting government contracts. And chick fil a ain’t getting government contracts to keep the lines long.

Reactions: Zepley09 and pbrad
Is it just me or does Chick Fil A desperately need a new business model? While they have always been popular, they seem to have just exploded in the last few years. They either need to double the number of locations, significantly raise prices, or commit to some type of 3-4 lane drive thru system, which I know will take more land but I'm not sure their current model is sustainable. These locations have teams of traffic directors, people outside taking orders on ipads, runners, etc. Every visit is like queuing to get into an amusement park parking lot
They are the most efficient business of all the fast food businesses. As long as the lines are, you are in and out in no time. If the government had used Chik Fil A to distribute the covid vaccine, the US population would have been vaccinated in in 2 weeks.

Is it just me or does Chick Fil A desperately need a new business model? While they have always been popular, they seem to have just exploded in the last few years. They either need to double the number of locations, significantly raise prices, or commit to some type of 3-4 lane drive thru system, which I know will take more land but I'm not sure their current model is sustainable. These locations have teams of traffic directors, people outside taking orders on ipads, runners, etc. Every visit is like queuing to get into an amusement park parking lot
Incredibly successful business has people lining up for their product, and goes to extraordinary lengths to handle the crowds with amazing efficiency. What a shitty way to run a business!

Incredibly successful business has people lining up for their product, and goes to extraordinary lengths to handle the crowds with amazing efficiency. What a shitty way to run a business!
And they keep the death count in the drive thru lanes extremely low too! 👍

15 minutes is too long to wait in line for fast food even if it would take McDonald's an hour or 2 to get through that line. They are leaving tons of money on the table from the customers afraid of the line. Although they do a great job of moving the hundreds of thousands cars through per day, they would make more money if they had more locations or raised prices.

15 minutes is too long to wait in line for fast food even if it would take McDonald's an hour or 2 to get through that line. They are leaving tons of money on the table from the customers afraid of the line. Although they do a great job of moving the hundreds of thousands cars through per day, they would make more money if they had more locations or raised prices.
You bitch about lines and wait times would be better served focused on Wendy’s. I’ve seen 15 minute wait times in their drive through with 8 cars in line.

I wonder if any CFA fans will reverse boycott The River Hounds?

Probably not, but that’s a risk they took.
Pretty sure everyone is already boycotting the Riverhounds. I was at a game recently and attendance was probably 1000-1500. With these amazing USL stadiums going up in places like Louisville (11,500 seats), Birmingham (joint stadium with UAB), Phoenix (10K seats), San Antonio, etc, Pittsburgh probably has the worst USL stadium and also some of the worst attendance.

The Riverhounds desperately need:

a) a new owner. Their current owner isnt even "rich." Just a construction guy from Fayette County whose net worth probably isnt more than a couple million.

b) a rebrand, probably a new name

c) a new stadium

You bitch about lines and wait times would be better served focused on Wendy’s. I’ve seen 15 minute wait times in their drive through with 8 cars in line.
Yes, 8 cars in front of you there will take 15-20 minutes. My whole point was that Chick Fil A is leaving money on the table by not opening more locations or not rising prices and of course I am right. When you have amusement park lines for fast food, it is a sign that the demand is too great and when demand is that high, you have to either raise prices or take other measures to increase profitability

Yes, 8 cars in front of you there will take 15-20 minutes. My whole point was that Chick Fil A is leaving money on the table by not opening more locations or not rising prices and of course I am right. When you have amusement park lines for fast food, it is a sign that the demand is too great and when demand is that high, you have to either raise prices or take other measures to increase profitability
there is a science to it.. i remember even being a kid and when these new gaming consoles would come out (NES at the time but the analogy is still valid with whatever new gaming system is out now) and going to Hills (Yep, i am aging myself) and being frustrated that they are out. Thousands, tens of thousands of people were willing to shell out money to buy these and they were short. So i asked, why not just make a Sh*t ton more if they knew the demand was higher than the supply (Ok, i maybe didnt word it like that)..

And the answer was, they want the demand higher than the supply or it would minimize the value.. So im smart enough to know there is a science behind not flooding the market but sadly not smart enough to properly explain why..

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I guess the business folks at Chick Fil A have something in common with 99% of the posters on this board, then. They don’t agree with you.

Yet again, you show your ignorance of their franchise model.

i stopped by a burger king in south hills (one at entrance into south park) one night cause my little guy was hungry. it was like 8:30 and there was about 6-7 cars, taking a long time. Finally get to window and there was one person working and i heard her say "Why the F are these people coming here at this hour"?

It was funny and she had a valid point.. I felt bad for her..

This thread now has over 3,000 views.

Congrats to SMF for earning another 6-pack of beer from Chris Peak! 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Reactions: xslfyk4
See, that footprint is just too small. They need another lot. Have 1 entrance/1 side of the parking lot for eat-in customers. The other/bigger lot/side is where the circus can take place.
You have the business savvy of a cicada. Double the size, double the customers?? Double their costs? Just to keep you happy.

I really like Giannis. The guy came from humble beginnings, worked hard, got knocked down, but just kept fighting. He also has a youthful, humble spirit. Kudos to Giannis!

You felt bad for her that she had to do her job that she is paid to do? People like her piss me off. Find a new job if your current role is not to your liking.
dude, she was at BK by herself man. girl was about one order from snapping on us all. i've been in the restaurant / service industry, i felt her pain..

By my count the Greater Pittsburgh area has 12 Chick-Fil-A's to Knoxville's 11 Chick-Fil-A's. This should give us the edge in the game in September.

However upon closer review greater Pittsburgh has 2.3M to Koxville's 868K. That means one chick fil a for every 191,700 Yinzers to Knoxville's Chick Fil A for every 78,900 Vols. We will be waiting in the drive thru's while the Vols take down the Panthers.

dude, she was at BK by herself man. girl was about one order from snapping on us all. i've been in the restaurant / service industry, i felt her pain..
Everybody has a bad day at work. It's just the people in retail / food service / service industries in general work in front of customers who see it. How many times have we all bitched about our job? And if a customer heard said bitch it would have made us look bad.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

Sorry I missed the part that she was by herself so that is on me, my bad. I can certainly understand her frustration in that situation.

The premise still stands though that she should not be surprised that people are coming to get food at a food restaurant. She has her options of either working there or finding a new job.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
By my count the Greater Pittsburgh area has 12 Chick-Fil-A's to Knoxville's 11 Chick-Fil-A's. This should give us the edge in the game in September.

However upon closer review greater Pittsburgh has 2.3M to Koxville's 868K. That means one chick fil a for every 191,700 Yinzers to Knoxville's Chick Fil A for every 78,900 Vols. We will be waiting in the drive thru's while the Vols take down the Panthers.
Well played.

ADVERTISEMENT