ADVERTISEMENT

Chick Fil-A Drive Thru

Everybody has a bad day at work. It's just the people in retail / food service / service industries in general work in front of customers who see it. How many times have we all bitched about our job? And if a customer heard said bitch it would have made us look bad.

I used to work as a bus boy and waiter at Tomato's (no longer in existence) back when I was in HS and College. I had bad days there, but I knew better than to act like I was having a bad day in front of customers. That line of thinking used to be common sense, but it is lost these days. To tie this back to the original topic, I never saw an unhappy Chik Fil A employee. They always have a smile and I am sure some of them are miserable while they are smiling but they push through it.

By my count the Greater Pittsburgh area has 12 Chick-Fil-A's to Knoxville's 11 Chick-Fil-A's. This should give us the edge in the game in September.

However upon closer review greater Pittsburgh has 2.3M to Koxville's 868K. That means one chick fil a for every 191,700 Yinzers to Knoxville's Chick Fil A for every 78,900 Vols. We will be waiting in the drive thru's while the Vols take down the Panthers.
Pittsburgh CFAs are going to need to run tempo. Both lanes, hammer down.

By my count the Greater Pittsburgh area has 12 Chick-Fil-A's to Knoxville's 11 Chick-Fil-A's. This should give us the edge in the game in September.

However upon closer review greater Pittsburgh has 2.3M to Koxville's 868K. That means one chick fil a for every 191,700 Yinzers to Knoxville's Chick Fil A for every 78,900 Vols. We will be waiting in the drive thru's while the Vols take down the Panthers.
You didn't factor into it all of the Riverhounds fans, did ya?

I don't know how and where we got to this point. But we discuss this basic premise ad nauseum and SMF is always in the middle of it, yet here he turns 180 degrees.

Lines are good. Demand is good. Crowds are great for business. Not enough capacity is good, at least better than too much capacity. Demand is much better than supply. Everyone wants to go to that small restaurant that is hard to get reservations, and that big over inflated restaurant goes bankrupt in a year when it is barely 1/4 full. People want to scalp tickets to those events hard to get into, yet those events where tickets are plenty and seats are to be had, you can't give away free tickets.

Welcome to the Chick Fil A/Pitt Football/Heinz Field Thesis.

I don't know how and where we got to this point. But we discuss this basic premise ad nauseum and SMF is always in the middle of it, yet here he turns 180 degrees.

Lines are good. Demand is good. Crowds are great for business. Not enough capacity is good, at least better than too much capacity. Demand is much better than supply. Everyone wants to go to that small restaurant that is hard to get reservations, and that big over inflated restaurant goes bankrupt in a year when it is barely 1/4 full. People want to scalp tickets to those events hard to get into, yet those events where tickets are plenty and seats are to be had, you can't give away free tickets.

Welcome to the Chick Fil A/Pitt Football/Heinz Field Thesis.

So build more CFAs and just tarp them when it isn’t lunch or dinner?

Yes, 8 cars in front of you there will take 15-20 minutes. My whole point was that Chick Fil A is leaving money on the table by not opening more locations or not rising prices and of course I am right. When you have amusement park lines for fast food, it is a sign that the demand is too great and when demand is that high, you have to either raise prices or take other measures to increase profitability
The next time you're right will be the first

They are the most efficient business of all the fast food businesses. As long as the lines are, you are in and out in no time. If the government had used Chik Fil A to distribute the covid vaccine, the US population would have been vaccinated in in 2 weeks.
Their management was used by some local communities.

Pretty sure everyone is already boycotting the Riverhounds. I was at a game recently and attendance was probably 1000-1500. With these amazing USL stadiums going up in places like Louisville (11,500 seats), Birmingham (joint stadium with UAB), Phoenix (10K seats), San Antonio, etc, Pittsburgh probably has the worst USL stadium and also some of the worst attendance.

The Riverhounds desperately need:

a) a new owner. Their current owner isnt even "rich." Just a construction guy from Fayette County whose net worth probably isnt more than a couple million.

b) a rebrand, probably a new name

c) a new stadium
Why? So they can compete in USL? They had the best record in the East last year and are becoming a perennial playoff team.
Pittsburgh is a horrible soccer market and does not support minor league sports. Too many mush mouthed yinzers screaming FOOTBAW!!!!

i know nothing about soccer leagues and usl but i really like the highmark stadium venue. cool on the river, down in station square.. if they could put a second level on it along the one side or even on one of the ends, keep the river side open, increase the attendance from 3500 to maybe 6-7k. i really think that could make it more usable for other events..

bigger concerts, wpial championship games, maybe a duquesne or cmu game (i know nothing about their current situation), spring games for pitt and maybe soccer games if it becomes more popular of course.. or that girls football league where they run around in their bras, great to watch for the record..

i know nothing about soccer leagues and usl but i really like the highmark stadium venue. cool on the river, down in station square.. if they could put a second level on it along the one side or even on one of the ends, keep the river side open, increase the attendance from 3500 to maybe 6-7k. i really think that could make it more usable for other events..

bigger concerts, wpial championship games, maybe a duquesne or cmu game (i know nothing about their current situation), spring games for pitt and maybe soccer games if it becomes more popular of course.. or that girls football league where they run around in their bras, great to watch for the record..

I heard a rumor that it was built with expansion like in mind. Not sure how true that is though.

While we're at it, maybe we could get SMF to test his theory about standing in the parking lot.
The McDonald's on Wood Street is more dangerous than all of the drive throughs at CFA in the country.

The McDonald's on Wood Street is more dangerous than all of the drive throughs at CFA in the country.
the absolute worst spot in the city.. i'd rather get a tent and sleep on the sidewalk in arlington heights than step foot in that mcdonalds..

Reactions: xslfyk4
McDonald's uses 19 ingredients to make french fries. I wouldn't eat anything they make. I watched, "Super Size Me" and that was enough for me to never want to eat McDonald's food again. I try not to eat any fast food, but I put them on the top of the do not eat list.

Can someone get SMF a Chik Fil-A sandwich...Grilled, and a summer salad? He needs to feel happy again.
I love Chick Fil A. I was there this week, just hate waiting 15 minutes in line for it. I saw Briana Keisel walking out. I think she's a new coach for the women's team.

Live look-in at SMF trying to cut the drive thru line at Chick Fil A:

I thought you'd be interested in my most recent Chick Fil A adventure:

First, I needed to drive past the Chick Fil A to run my errand. Not that easy. Traffic was at a standstill of cars waiting to enter CFA from the main road. I had to go around them, illegally, in the opposite lane, to pass them go get where I needed to go.

Afterwards, I decided to go to CFA but was again waiting on the main road to get into the parking lot. We're talking 10 cars in each direction on the regular road just waiting to get into the parking lot. I figured I'd have a better chance of going inside so I did an illegal 3 point turn in the middle of the street to drive the other way to park in the neighboring business so I can walk over to CFA to go inside.

Inside: There was 1 person in front of me and 60% of tables were empty. It was like a dreamland.

I am willing to give CFA a little bit of time to get its sh!t together as it appears people are still disproportionately going through the drive thru instead of eating inside but their current setup cannot continue long-term. These business centers were not built with amusement park-type traffic in mind. They are going to have to do 1 of 3 things:

1. Add a drive thru service charge to incent people to eat in.

2. Raise prices

3. Move their location to a "double lot," maybe a Giant Eagle-sized lot where they can accomodate all those cars without blocking main roadways and other people's businesses

First, I needed to drive past the Chick Fil A to run my errand. Not that easy. Traffic was at a standstill of cars waiting to enter CFA from the main road. I had to go around them, illegally, in the opposite lane, to pass them go get where I needed to go.

Afterwards, I decided to go to CFA but was again waiting on the main road to get into the parking lot. We're talking 10 cars in each direction on the regular road just waiting to get into the parking lot. I figured I'd have a better chance of going inside so I did an illegal 3 point turn in the middle of the street to drive the other way to park in the neighboring business so I can walk over to CFA to go inside.

Inside: There was 1 person in front of me and 60% of tables were empty. It was like a dreamland.

I am willing to give CFA a little bit of time to get its sh!t together as it appears people are still disproportionately going through the drive thru instead of eating inside but their current setup cannot continue long-term. These business centers were not built with amusement park-type traffic in mind. They are going to have to do 1 of 3 things:

2. Raise prices

3. Move their location to a "double lot," maybe a Giant Eagle-sized lot where they can accomodate all those cars without blocking main roadways and other people's businesses
Or CFA could just ignore you, as many on here do...

• Haha
Reactions: lilspainishflea
Chick Fila screwed up my order the last 2 times in Cranberry. The first time the manager delivered the correct order to my door. The second time I got some teenage girl who delivered some canned line and that she’d pass it onto her manager who would get back to me within 48 hours. The place is vastly overrated.

Last edited:

2. Raise prices

You are clueless. Such a pampered little ball of softness. Maybe the people that were inside smelled your AXE overdose or heard you whining to yourself about not having a totally perfect time.
Take 2 Midol.

there is a crappy little dunkin donuts on 51 down past brentwood i guess that would be. in mornings, the line in the drive thru actually goes out on the road and often times is blocking one of the two lanes during morning rush hour.

pisses me off too but i kind of like there coffee but i wont go to that rinky dink location. smf brings up a valid point. at what point do some of these locations start being held accountable for blocking traffic. the CFA down in mt. lebo gets all congested too right on Washington rd (rt. 19).

there is a crappy little dunkin donuts on 51 down past brentwood i guess that would be. in mornings, the line in the drive thru actually goes out on the road and often times is blocking one of the two lanes during morning rush hour.

pisses me off too but i kind of like there coffee but i wont go to that rinky dink location. smf brings up a valid point. at what point do some of these locations start being held accountable for blocking traffic. the CFA down in mt. lebo gets all congested too right on Washington rd (rt. 19).
3 Midol for you.

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
ADVERTISEMENT