ADVERTISEMENT

Cignetti out as OC

Like Canada with the Steelers, an uninspired hire from the start. In college, I think you can find up and comers easier than the NFL. I want Pitt's next OC to be a coach who wants to move up the ladder, the drive to have success.
I mean if they rehire Canada it might get ugly

Kind of ominous to suggest that one of the qualities an OC needs is to fit in with what the team is doing on the other side of the ball.

Agree. If you feel the need to do that, how about the defensive minded coach fit in with the way a good OC wants to do things.

Reactions: BFo8
Dana got fired today in Houston.. He was who I wanted back when Heywood got the job.

I know it won't happen. But, if we ever went "Air Raid," Dana is one of the coaches I've always liked because he was instrumental in developing it and he implements multiple personnel packages unlike some Air Raid traditionalists.

I like that he didn't wait. It shows recognition of a major issue and they wasted no time in making it.

Right, they had to do it, the sooner the better. And if that's how you are thinking then it happens today, whether the Stillers play today or not.

The only "shrewd" part of it was doing it immediately and not waiting. The Stillers have nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Burgh15
I’ll say this, if Narduzzi waits until mid January to hire a dud like Dino Babers, we should all revolt. I have a bad feeling this is going to be Dino Babers.

Was he fired? Did he still have term on his contract? Did they just inform him he’s not getting a new deal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT