ADVERTISEMENT

Did Paris Ford play??

Players are concerned about getting to the pros. There is a pretty long list of guys who played under Narduzzi who ended up collecting NFL paychecks.
They'd like a decent contract to do so though. Getting humiliated each week doesn't help the draft position or UFA leverage

you think coaches like Gibson at WVU aren't bringing up Ford to every wpial DB that pitt and wvu are recruiting? I do.. Pitt gives up 300+ yards passing weekly and Ford isn't playing, you want to go to pitt or wvu?
If you want to hang your hat on WPIAL talent you'd better be coaching at Akron or Duquesne.
Face facts. Western PA is an old folks home and few of the fewer young people who are here play football. Even fewer are really good at it.

Reactions: Pitt5593
From what I understand he is pouting like a little kid. He is not known as the hardest worker studying film or putting in extra work. In HS he could get it done on talent alone. Not cutting it at this level.

Most DB’s at this level are also in great shape and look the part, he has actually put on bad weight since getting here. Guess too much Five guys burgers for him. Did anyone see the pic of him and the PSU RB. Guess Ford wants to bulk up and be a LB lol.

Go ahead, quit, go to WVU or Cal U. See ya.

From what I understand he is pouting like a little kid. He is not known as the hardest worker studying film or putting in extra work. In HS he could get it done on talent alone. Not cutting it at this level.

Most DB’s at this level are also in great shape and look the part, he has actually put on bad weight since getting here. Guess too much Five guys burgers for him. Did anyone see the pic of him and the PSU RB. Guess Ford wants to bulk up and be a LB lol.

Go ahead, quit, go to WVU or Cal U. See ya.
That all may be true, but that still leaves Pitt in worse shape than we thought because he is one of the very, very few impact talents and big recruiting wins this staff can hang their hat on. Instead we are playing guys who are not even remotely capable of being P5 starters. Take Ford and Reeves out and the recruiting has been atrocious. Maybe this staff can't get and keep 4 stars who aren't extreme question marks off the field. Pugh and Hill were also gone without contributing. This highlights why getting just a couple high end talents is not enough.

Reactions: BFo8 and 88Pitt88
That all may be true, but that still leaves Pitt in worse shape than we thought because he is one of the very, very few impact talents and big recruiting wins this staff can hang their hat on. Instead we are playing guys who are not even remotely capable of being P5 starters. Take Ford and Reeves out and the recruiting has been atrocious. Maybe this staff can't get and keep 4 stars who aren't extreme question marks off the field. Pugh and Hill were also gone without contributing. This highlights why getting just a couple high end talents is not enough.

When you arrive on campus it’s about what you do now not in HS. And as PBB80 said PN can’t play a kid who is ranked high if he has not earned the PT or he will loose the team. Pugh sucks as he can’t get on the field at Howard.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Reeves - he is doing nothing at YSU
Pugh - he is doing nothing at Howard
Hill - he had to retire because of medical reasons

Didn’t you complain about Rushel Shell not starting as well?

When you arrive on campus it’s about what you do now not in HS. And as PBB80 said PN can’t play a kid who is ranked high if he has not earned the PT or he will loose the team. Pugh sucks as he can’t get on the field at Howard.
Sure, but if these are the best recruits (and this is backed by mountains and mountains of evidence at a macro level) and they can't get on the field for us and we are continually relying on players with very low ceilings, our program's ceiling under HCPN is extremely low.

He should lose the team/recruits because he is playing players who are incapabale of making plays. He didn't inherit this team. This is his team and the lack of talent is astounding. We are not a young team with high upside players contributing and showing flashes for the future.

I am aware of all of these things. The horrible fall out rate for the few high level talents we have managed to sign is reason why we need to stack much, much more of it than we are.

No, I did not.

I am not complaining about Paris Ford not starting. I am complaining that we have a dearth of talent on the roster, have even less coming in, cannot translate the high end talent we do manage to pull in, and have players starting/playing, who are clearly not P5 players. Paris Ford vs. Dennis Briggs is a great example of that and is magnified because Ford is one of the few local talents we have pulled in. Not being able to even have him able to contribute when we have some really, really bad players on defense will undoubtedly make it even harder for the staff to sell the next big recruit, when they already can't even gain traction with 98% of those kids.

I'm sure Whitehead being suspended several times had nothing to do with his draft position, either.
The pothead factor didn't help either i'm sure. But superlative play on a top 10 team would have made it easier for most teams to overlook that.

I love how some of you have so much faith in a this staff's ability to recruit and judge talent. Maybe if every 4 star we recruit turns out to be useless, perhaps these guys that we all get so excited about landing are not any damn good in the first place. You mentioned Pugh and Reeves. Ford was a much bigger recruit and coveted by many schools better than us. Either way, it is on the staff. They are targeting overated players who come here and do nothing or they are bringing in talent and can't coach these kids to fit in their system. Having a talented kid like Ford and either not motivating him to work hard enough to hit the field, or just being too committed to less talented upperclassmen who work their ass off is on the coaches. I, myself, have little to no confidence in this staff to evaluate and recruit and play the best players. Everytime I think they are making progress, they play defense like they did Saturday.

I am at the point where I believe we have plenty of good players, but, this staff doesn't know who to put on the field. He has given nearly everybody a chance in the defensive backfield, but not Ford, he must be a real bad apple. Maybe if our great leader didn't open his big mouth like he does all so often, and spout off about how good Ford would be and how great a leader he would be, nobody would give a damn if he was playing or not.

Maybe he could get more than one four star a year, so that we wouldn't focus on the one that he gets as much.

Reactions: H2P 2003
I love how some of you have so much faith in a this staff's ability to recruit and judge talent. Maybe if every 4 star we recruit turns out to be useless, perhaps these guys that we all get so excited about landing are not any damn good in the first place. You mentioned Pugh and Reeves. Ford was a much bigger recruit and coveted by many schools better than us. Either way, it is on the staff. They are targeting overated players who come here and do nothing or they are bringing in talent and can't coach these kids to fit in their system. Having a talented kid like Ford and either not motivating him to work hard enough to hit the field, or just being too committed to less talented upperclassmen who work their ass off is on the coaches. I, myself, have little to no confidence in this staff to evaluate and recruit and play the best players. Everytime I think they are making progress, they play defense like they did Saturday.

I am at the point where I believe we have plenty of good players, but, this staff doesn't know who to put on the field. He has given nearly everybody a chance in the defensive backfield, but not Ford, he must be a real bad apple. Maybe if our great leader didn't open his big mouth like he does all so often, and spout off about how good Ford would be and how great a leader he would be, nobody would give a damn if he was playing or not.

Maybe he could get more than one four star a year, so that we wouldn't focus on the one that he gets as much.
I agree with everything you said! But disagree with you on him being a bad apple.... he’s the best athlete on the team according to solid sources. This is all Narduzzi! He’s not liked by many people around PITT and the team was ready to give up on him... a lot of other issues are going behind the scenes That I can’t say... there’s other players not happy too.
I’m not a “Nitter” everything I say is true.
Huge Pitt fan H2P

I agree with everything you said! But disagree with you on him being a bad apple.... he’s the best athlete on the team according to solid sources. This is all Narduzzi! He’s not liked by many people around PITT and the team was ready to give up on him... a lot of other issues are going behind the scenes That I can’t say... there’s other players not happy too.
Huge Pitt fan H2P
If he isn’t liked by people around Pitt or his teammates, then he isn’t worth the trouble unless he is the next Deion Sanders.

Huge Pitt fan H2P
For godsakes, Kelly is undefeated and headed to the playoff at ND.
He's the biggest prick in the NCAA!

Guess you missed the tweets following Nardawg's leap onto the pile after the Syracuse win?

Is Wade starting in State College?

I think Ford should be playing more at safety, at Brigg's expense, but saying Narduzzi is unpopular with players doesn't seem to ring true.

Guess you missed the tweets following Nardawg's leap onto the pile after the Syracuse win?

He clearly missed the tweets. These kids play hard for him. A kid like Todd Sibley who has never had a carry in 2 years is tweeting about how cool his coach is.

Is Wade starting in State College?

I think Ford should be playing more at safety, at Brigg's expense, but saying Narduzzi is unpopular with players doesn't seem to ring true.
Ok:) what do I have to gain, to make stuff up?

Ok:) what do I have to gain, to make stuff up?
There are 85 kids on the squad. I'm sure a couple of them aren't happy for various reasons.
But this team is playing hard. If there was widespread discord, that would not be the case.
No one wants to see Ford excelling at safety more than me. I'm puzzled by the whole situation. There is no rational explanation for his lack of playing time. I'm stumped.

Briggs seems like "teacher's pet", and I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is peeved at that. But with all the problems at that position, why would Narduzzi risk his career with some petty childish feud with his best recruit in years?
Doesn't make sense. Very strange situation.

The HC doesn’t have to be liked as long as he is winning. If he loses, then it speeds up the removal process.

Yup Duzzs future will be solely determined by Ws and Ls. If he can finish strong this year and win 8 or more games next year. He’ll still be around regardless of what some highly ranked recruits think about him

IMO Fords lack of playing time is on him. He has not worked hard enough to beat out players with less raw talent. That’s on him not the staff. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink it.

There are 85 kids on the squad. I'm sure a couple of them aren't happy for various reasons.
But this team is playing hard. If there was widespread discord, that would not be the case.
No one wants to see Ford excelling at safety more than me. I'm puzzled by the whole situation. There is no rational explanation for his lack of playing time. I'm stumped.

Briggs seems like "teacher's pet", and I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is peeved at that. But with all the problems at that position, why would Narduzzi risk his career with some petty childish feud with his best recruit in years?
Thank you! Well said. That’s what I’m trying to figure out as well. Source didn’t tell me. I just hope he stays strong and fight. Not take the easy way out and leave

One of the media guys on TV said Briggs pulled the team together after the news of the Shooting in Squirrel Hill broke and rallied the team together. Maybe he is more of a team leader behind the scenes and that is something we don’t see as opposed to the term “teacher’s pet”.

I just think if Ford stays, narduzzi needs to figure out a plan for him and it has to happen on the first day of spring ball.

I don’t know what that plan is. I don’t think he’s a boundary safety. I don’t think he beats out Hamlin and he’s obviously not on the two deep at CB and all those guys are coming back.

Reactions: Steve_H2P
I just think if Ford stays, narduzzi needs to figure out a plan for him and it has to happen on the first day of spring ball.

I don’t know what that plan is. I don’t think he’s a boundary safety. I don’t think he beats out Hamlin and he’s obviously not on the two deep at CB and all those guys are coming back.
Hamlin did not look good against Duke. I would not mark him down in ink as a starter.

Thank you! Well said. That’s what I’m trying to figure out as well. Source didn’t tell me. I just hope he stays strong and fight. Not take the easy way out and leave

His history shows he runs away when he doesn’t get his way. Maybe he will grow up, mature, study the play book and work to earn PT. Crazy concept I know...

One of the media guys on TV said Briggs pulled the team together after the news of the Shooting in Squirrel Hill broke and rallied the team together. Maybe he is more of a team leader behind the scenes and that is something we don’t see as opposed to the term “teacher’s pet”.
Briggs is local, and I'm sure he's a solid kid.
I'm basing my statement solely on his play on Saturdays. He may light it up in practice, he may say "Yes sir", "No sir" any time Nardawg asks him a question. He probably goes to class and is well liked.
But I've seen him wiff on too many tackles and blow too many coverages, or just get flat out beat to understand how Ford can't get a single minute of playing time at his natural position because Briggs is blowing him away.

Hamlin did not look good against Duke. I would not mark him down in ink as a starter.
Tough to defend a 7 yard slant when you are 12 yards off the slot wr. Hate the alignment narduzzi uses with the safeties.

But yeah, he missed a tackle in 2nd and was poor on run support all game. Campbell looked bad too and Briggs, well he played like Briggs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve_H2P
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT