ADVERTISEMENT

Did Paris Ford play??

Poor instincts are hard to overcome.

What some fail to realize is all colleges have a different opinion on the player they recruit compared to what they're rated coming out of hs.
I don't get your second sentence?

I guess the only way we'll know is if he goes to another D1 school.
If he plays well, shame on Nardawg. If he busts, all hail Nardawg.

I regularly talk to college coaches on a weekly basis. Some will rate a 5 star a 2 star and vice versa. That was my point.
For Example) Pat White in Rich Rod's system is a 5 star QB, but is a lot lower in a Pro Style offense.

What position would you play Ford in our system?

I regularly talk to college coaches on a weekly basis. Some will rate a 5 star a 2 star and vice versa. That was my point.
Ok, I see that on taking a flyer on a kid.
Ford could have gone to Bama, tOSU, ND or PSU among other P5 programs. He was rated the 3rd best prospect in the state. Did they all misevaluate him?

Reactions: jctrack
I don’t think it was a waste. He has talent and our coaches are willing to teach and coach him. But the kid has to want to put in the time as well. He has to want to study film, practice technique, get in the playbook etc. Many guys like him who were big stars in HS are not used to hard work because they can get by on talent alone.

Maybe I’m wrong but he IMO he seems like an entitled WPIAL kid who acts like Pitt needs to kiss his ass because he was a local star. PITT CHAINS who is right there on the field said he left the field asap instead on celebrating with his teammates. That reeks of selfish it’s all about me attitude.
Are they willing to do that? Because, frankly, it looks like the coaches are deferring (in almost every instance) to guys who clearly do not have the talent to succeed. It is frustrating this year, but even moreso last year when the season was a disaster and we still were trotting out players who had no chance of being able to compete.

Reactions: 88Pitt88
Are they willing to do that? Because, frankly, it looks like the coaches are deferring (in almost every instance) to guys who clearly do not have the talent to succeed. It is frustrating this year, but even moreso last year when the season was a disaster and we still were trotting out players who had no chance of being able to compete.

the better question is Ford willing to pay the price to be successful at this level.

Reactions: 4upmc
the better question is Ford willing to pay the price to be successful at this level.
I don't know that, that is the better question. It is a fair question, but we don't know much on his end. We know that HCPN praised him effusively as an impact player. We know that HCPN continues to play players who have no business starting for a P5 team. We guess that it has something to do with Ford not knowing the scheme/working hard enough. We have some reason to believe he has some learning issues since he was held out of enrollment and ineligible to play last year because of academics.

Ok, I see that on taking a flyer on a kid.
Ford could have gone to Bama, tOSU, ND or PSU among other P5 programs. He was rated the 3rd best prospect in the state. Did they all misevaluate him?
Sometimes the ratings take a life of their own and see irrational exuberance as the campaign goes.

Or was it the infamous "the others weren't commitable offers" or whatever they're termed

I can completely understand why you are backpedaling so fast, because what you posted was completely moronic. If I'd have posted something so dumb I'd have probably been backpedaling like you too. But then again, I wouldn't have posted something so dumb in the first place.
No backpedaling here! I am certain, in fact, that you are an obnoxious idiot!

Some coaches rate 5 stars players 2 star players? I would like an example of a coach and a player that fit this scenario. I saw the Pat White thing above, great athlete, don't think he was a 5 star, but he played way better than a 2 star.

In Ford's case, can you tell me if any of the coaches who offered him believed him to be a high rated 4 star that would play like a 2 star or not even be good enough to hit the field at this level? Was there no position that Ford could play that he would perform like a 4 star player? Did they expect him to flop and be playing at IUP or Cal in 2 years? As we all know, Star ratings are an imperfect system and many times the ratings are just flat wrong. That said, I can't believe there are coaches who think high rated players are 2 stars.

Sometimes the accuracy of these ratings is flawed due to the person doing the rating. Other times the ratings are flawed do to the player and the staff with which he works. When you invest the time and money that Universities do to recruit these players, it is fair to expect the institution to explore every avenue there is to find a position where a player can flourish.

I am not sure what is going on with Ford, I know there is talent there. Maybe he hasn't worked hard enough to earn time, but, he is not a scrub. Maybe the staff is trying to turn him into a robot, where he repeats the same thing every time. Maybe the staff has decided that he can't catch a ball well enough to return kicks. Maybe the staff has a unfailing love affair with Dennis Briggs. Maybe Ford has bagged it already and is just waiting to move on. We have lots of possibilities, the only impossibility is seeing the young man on the field, where his merits or failings could be judged by both the staff and the fans. Right now, we have the one or two plays a game he gets to evaluate him. Anyone who thinks that is appropriate is crazy. I don't understand why they play him a couple snaps a week. It does nothing for Ford's confidence and it also does very little for the coaches who are looking to evaluate him.

I would highly doubt that our coaches rated Paris Ford a 2 star coming out of high school ..... IMO, it is more likely they rated him a 4 or 5 star ...... it's still an enigma on why he can't get on the field .... plenty of hypotheses on the board but not sure we really know.

What it comes down to is, that Paris Ford was a highly rated recruit and arguably the most talented player on the roster IMO! Should be getting PT over Briggs Campbell and Stocker! I’ll even include Motley! They are all playing terrible. Even Hamlin as well .
Try to get him involved somewhere! Also Coleman as well...

What it comes down to is, that Paris Ford was a highly rated recruit and arguably the most talented player on the roster IMO! Should be getting PT over Briggs Campbell and Stocker! I’ll even include Motley! They are all playing terrible. Even Hamlin as well .
You'd think with the amount of playing time he's had, he'd have at least a few interceptions, based on your impression. Does he even have a pass breakup yet?

You'd think with the amount of playing time he's had, he'd have at least a few interceptions, based on your impression. Does he even have a pass breakup yet?
You’d think Chris Peak would boot this person, whose only contribution to this board attempting to get Pitt fans to besmirch their own players. Example 1,001 of why I’ll never contribute a dime to this site, as much as I’d love to. It’s not run by Pitt fans. Clearly.

I would highly doubt that our coaches rated Paris Ford a 2 star coming out of high school ..... IMO, it is more likely they rated him a 4 or 5 star ...... it's still an enigma on why he can't get on the field .... plenty of hypotheses on the board but not sure we really know.

Wanny signed kids who were 4-5 star who I know for a fact the assistant coaches knew had 2 and 3 star players rated higher.

I'm not saying this is the case, but it happens regularly.

I remember 2 coaches at Pitt who weren't fazed at all when shell left. I remember them saying we got a dog of a kid from Erie who will be bell cow. I think he plays for the Steelers now.

Some coaches rate 5 stars players 2 star players? I would like an example of a coach and a player that fit this scenario. I saw the Pat White thing above, great athlete, don't think he was a 5 star, but he played way better than a 2 star.

In Ford's case, can you tell me if any of the coaches who offered him believed him to be a high rated 4 star that would play like a 2 star or not even be good enough to hit the field at this level? Was there no position that Ford could play that he would perform like a 4 star player? Did they expect him to flop and be playing at IUP or Cal in 2 years? As we all know, Star ratings are an imperfect system and many times the ratings are just flat wrong. That said, I can't believe there are coaches who think high rated players are 2 stars.

Sometimes the accuracy of these ratings is flawed due to the person doing the rating. Other times the ratings are flawed do to the player and the staff with which he works. When you invest the time and money that Universities do to recruit these players, it is fair to expect the institution to explore every avenue there is to find a position where a player can flourish.

I am not sure what is going on with Ford, I know there is talent there. Maybe he hasn't worked hard enough to earn time, but, he is not a scrub. Maybe the staff is trying to turn him into a robot, where he repeats the same thing every time. Maybe the staff has decided that he can't catch a ball well enough to return kicks. Maybe the staff has a unfailing love affair with Dennis Briggs. Maybe Ford has bagged it already and is just waiting to move on. We have lots of possibilities, the only impossibility is seeing the young man on the field, where his merits or failings could be judged by both the staff and the fans. Right now, we have the one or two plays a game he gets to evaluate him. Anyone who thinks that is appropriate is crazy. I don't understand why they play him a couple snaps a week. It does nothing for Ford's confidence and it also does very little for the coaches who are looking to evaluate him.

A PSU coach told me this about Sterling Jenkins.

Let’s use another example of a highly rated Safety who was a local product - Elijah Fields. He had all the physical tools to be a stud, but did not grasp the mental side of the game or put in the time. Fields was actually a more gifted player than Ford.

Reactions: 4upmc and Steve_H2P
You’d think Chris Peak would boot this person, whose only contribution to this board attempting to get Pitt fans to besmirch their own players. Example 1,001 of why I’ll never contribute a dime to this site, as much as I’d love to. It’s not run by Pitt fans. Clearly.
Sir! I’m a huge Pitt fan! Season ticket holder! Been to every home game... cheer on the Panthers in the rain.
I’m speaking the truth! It gets old watching players mess up when you have better talent on the sidelines!
There people on here who say worst, so please don’t give me that BS!

Everything I said on here I stand by!
Mychele or however you spell his name! Was definitely unhappy at the beginning of the season and still may be! Who knows?!
Paris is definitely leaning towards leaving. Which sucks!

But I’m the bad guy because I state facts! Or I’m a “troll” or “ nitter” give me a break!

Reactions: Jpripper88
Let’s use another example of a highly rated Safety who was a local product - Elijah Fields. He had all the physical tools to be a stud, but did not grasp the mental side of the game or put in the time. Fields was actually a more gifted player than Ford.
I agree with you on that! Also off field issues

Yes he has a pass break up . Against UCF! I respect y’all taking Narduzzi side... maybe I’m wrong for wanting him to put the best talent out there!

A PSU coach told me this about Sterling Jenkins.

Pretty stupid to waste a scholarship on him then.

Your comment about instinct immediately brought Zeise to mind. He's got no instincts for the LB position. That's his main problem.

Then play Ford at LB and basically go nickel. The three LB lineup is worthless against most ACC teams unless you can recruit stud LBs with size and speed. I'm sick of watching them lineup in the base 4-3 against 3 and sometimes 4 wide sets.

Exactly! Steve_h2p is a friend or family member the way he talks about Ford and makes up stuff about players not liking PN. Ford has done nothing to deserve PT.

Reactions: Steve_H2P

Again as far as all of the talent on the roster you don’t have a clue. There are better athletes with more talent on the team. Did u see the true frosh Carter run, cut, accelerate? Ford is a good athelete but he can’t do what Carter did. He can’t run like Sala. He can’t run like Ffrench. He can’t run like Shocky. If he could they would have him run jet sweeps.

You say he should play over Motley? Motley is not an All American but he is a much better CB than Ford. BTW since you claim to know so much about the teams athletic ability....did you know Motley is the fastest DB on the team? Of course you had no clue! And speaking of athletes Mathis is a far superior athlete than Ford. He is a 4.4 guy with a 40 inch vertical which is the best on the team.

Don’t make BS statements when you don’t have a clue.

As far as him leaving… You could be very right since you are a buddy. If he goes don’t let the door...I hope he grows up and decides to actually be a good teammate, work hard and reach his potential.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Again as far as all of the talent on the roster you don’t have a clue. There are better athletes with more talent on the team. Did u see the true frosh Carter run, cut, accelerate? Ford is a good athelete but he can’t do what Carter did. He can’t run like Sala. He can’t run like Ffrench. He can’t run like Shocky. If he could they would have him run jet sweeps.

You say he should play over Motley? Motley is not an All American but he is a much better CB than Ford. BTW since you claim to know so much about the teams athletic ability....did you know Motley is the fastest DB on the team? Of course you had no clue! And speaking of athletes Mathis is a far superior athlete than Ford. He is a 4.4 guy with a 40 inch vertical which is the best on the team.

As far as him leaving… You could be very right since you are a buddy. If he goes don’t let the door...I hope he grows up and decides to actually be a good teammate, work hard and reach his potential.
I am not sure how you know all this. You sound like Steel, maybe you can reel off some shuttle times and verticals for all our d-backs and all our speedy receivers. Are you the team waterboy or something? You have no idea what Ford can do unless you are at practice everyday. Last I checked, he plays two or three snaps a game. He was and is still the highest rated kid on the roster, and it aint because he can't run, jump, catch, or cover. One can only assume the coaches want to see more of an effort in all areas before they give him playing time. In the mean time, I encourage you to enlighten us all even more with some of those dazzling statistics. What do have for us next; Dennis Briggs can juggle three footballs while playing the piano with his off hand?

I am not sure how you know all this. You sound like Steel, maybe you can reel off some shuttle times and verticals for all our d-backs and all our speedy receivers. Are you the team waterboy or something? You have no idea what Ford can do unless you are at practice everyday. Last I checked, he plays two or three snaps a game. He was and is still the highest rated kid on the roster, and it aint because he can't run, jump, catch, or cover. One can only assume the coaches want to see more of an effort in all areas before they give him playing time. In the mean time, I encourage you to enlighten us all even more with some of those dazzling statistics. What do have for us next; Dennis Briggs can juggle three footballs while playing the piano with his off hand?

Ouch such hurtful insults lol. The sign of someone who can’t successfully debate. The information is easy to know if you pay attention and are a Pitt fan. Everything I provided is information provided by the coaches. PSN, Brian Batko, Chris Peak podcasts, Pitt Live Wire, ppl who report on Pitt. There was an article in the 1st few weeks of the season how Mathis is 4.4 with a 40 vertical. And Chris who runs this site talked about this in one of his podcasts. Our new DB coach said in a traing camp interview how Motley is the fastest DB. Simple research for the informed. Maybe you struggle in this area? Maybe you have trouble reading and comprehending information. But I won’t insult you for your lack of intelligence. You can’t help it.

If I truely wanted to report inside info on the team I could get it as I coached B.B. with one of our players uncles. But I’m not going to hit up the kid for info. And I never would post anything him or his uncle told me without their permission. I never have.

I get it you hang from Fords nuts because he was highly recruited. And I agree with everyone Briggs sucks. Hopefully Ford learns to work hard, studies the playbook, improves his football IQ and reaches his potential. Or maybe he will continue to pout and tweet how the world is out to get him.

See the link below backing up Mathis 40 etc. Bates talks about his supreme athletic ability. Find the rest yourself. I hear google works well. Unlike like you I can back up what I say.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...raymond-green-paris-ford/stories/201808300166

Last edited:

You know what dude! Don’t insult me! Punk . Continue hiding behind ya phone! I’m done on this board. No need for insults, seriously! I’m at every Pitt home game! Say these insults to my face!

Bottom line... If he was good enough to play regularly he would be by now. Period. There are 1st and 2nd year guys playing all over at this point, including a starter at the hardest position to learn (QB). If he isn’t on the field, that’s on him.

Reactions: Steve_H2P
You know what dude! Don’t insult me! Punk . Continue hiding behind ya phone! I’m done on this board. No need for insults, seriously! I’m at every Pitt home game! Say these insults to my face!

Lol how did I insult you clown? Hiding ? So now ur making threats because I proved ur ignorant remarks wrong with facts. Seems you like to threaten ppl on this site. Can’t remember the last time I was threatened...this is fun. Sure next time I’m in PGH we can talk. I have no problem saying anything to you or anyone. Give me ur mommies number and I’ll ask her if she will let you out of the basement.

You say you are done with this board? Prove it.

Bottom line... If he was good enough to play regularly he would be by now. Period. There are 1st and 2nd year guys playing all over at this point, including a starter at the hardest position to learn (QB). If he isn’t on the field, that’s on him.

Bingo! But you should not provide facts like this or Steve H2p might get mad and make threats haha.

Off the top of my head here are some 1st & 2nd year guys playing or who have played:

Pinnock,
Mathis,
Carter,
shocky,
KP,
Sala,
Williams,
Alexander,
Bright,
Twyman,
Van Lynn,
Houy,
Carrigan,
Drake,
DBJ,
Kirk,
Cal
Smith
Davis

Some play more than others but guys who play the same position (Pinnock & Mathis ) who are better than Ford both played last year as true Frosh.

In addition another one or two true frosh will play this week per PN.

But according to some it’s the coaches fault. The same coaches who have proven they will play and even start 1st and 2nd year guys.

Maybe just maybe it’s on Ford that he is not playing as much as he would like. Maybe Ford should spend time studying film, working on technique, staying after practice etc. instead of tweeting and pouting.

Last edited:
Wanny signed kids who were 4-5 star who I know for a fact the assistant coaches knew had 2 and 3 star players rated higher.

I'm not saying this is the case, but it happens regularly.

I remember 2 coaches at Pitt who weren't fazed at all when shell left. I remember them saying we got a dog of a kid from Erie who will be bell cow. I think he plays for the Steelers now.
You know everything, you should start your own pay site.

Bingo! But you should not provide facts like this or Steve H2p might get mad and make threats haha.

Off the top of my head here are some 1st & 2nd year guys playing or who have played:

Pinnock,
Mathis,
Carter,
shocky,
KP,
Sala,
Williams,
Alexander,
Bright,
Twyman,
Van Lynn,
Houy,
Carrigan,
Drake,
DBJ,
Kirk,
Cal
Smith

Some play more than others but guys who play the same position (Pinnock & Mathis ) who are better than Ford both played last year as true Frosh.

In addition another one or two true frosh will play this week per PN.

But according to some it’s the coaches fault. The same coaches who have proven they will play and even start 1st and 2nd year guys.

Maybe just maybe it’s on Ford that he is not playing as much as he would like. Maybe Ford should spend time studying film, working on technique, staying after practice etc. instead of tweeting and pouting.
What you just stated, I respect that. You opinion is great! Thing that gets me upset is name calling or ignorance

Lol how did I insult you clown? Hiding ? So now ur making threats because I proved ur ignorant remarks wrong with facts. Seems you like to threaten ppl on this site. Can’t remember the last time I was threatened...this is fun. Sure next time I’m in PGH we can talk. I have no problem saying anything to you or anyone. Give me ur mommies number and I’ll ask her if she will let you out of the basement.

You say you are done with this board? Prove it.
Ok bet!

What you just stated, I respect that. You opinion is great! Thing that gets me upset is name calling or ignorance

Steve I thought you were leaving the site;)? Please provide facts showing ignorance. I actually backed up what I said providing a link. And you can look up more with google. You say it’s my opinion for expl how Mathis runs a 4.4 40 and has a 40 inch vertical but I gave a link. Ford can’t do this but you said he is a better athlete.

Steve I thought you were leaving the site;)? Please provide facts showing ignorance. I actually backed up what I said providing a link. And you can look up more with google. You say it’s my opinion for expl how Mathis runs a 4.4 40 and has a 40 inch vertical but I gave a link. Ford can’t do this but you said he is a better athlete.
Listen sir. You’re right I don’t have any proof! I’m just going by what people told me. Who happens to be family members. I just want to Paris play and not be on the sideline

Listen sir. You’re right I don’t have any proof! I’m just going by what people told me. Who happens to be family members. I just want to Paris play and not be on the sideline

I agree with you he has talent and I really do hope he puts it all together to reach his potential. But come on the Family members of Ford...you don’t think they are a little biased? If they think putting their thoughts on message boards and Twitter will get the kid more PT that is not the best advice.

Like you I have a good friend who is the uncle of one of our players. I would never post anything he told me because it’s private. But when you make claims PN is on the hot seat and is not well liked I know this is not true and it’s coming from the ppl you stated above.

The uncle of one of our players I know is different (maybe he is old school). His nephew is a quite kid who would never bitch or tweet crap. But if he complained about PT etc his uncle would tell him “less talk more work”. BTW the uncle loves PN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT