ADVERTISEMENT

Dooz stepped in it according to Noah

I don’t know - a coach should take responsibility. And he did.

But it’s not incorrect to say that we lost a lot of talent. It’s not like we have this elite team but coached it to 2-6.

He could have softened it by saying that we lost a ton of talent, and now “inexperienced” or “young”.

Nonsense he is right. These guys stink.

Maybe he is right, but you don't say crap like that for everyone to hear and see as a head coach, especially for the players to see. He's very stupid and doesn't know how to coach or conduct himself around adults or athletes.

Hiles is the same clown who made Pitt a laughing stock for the blue vase. Today he shortens a quote (which he didn't need to, it stood on its own) and then RTed the reaction from all the players.
Let's hope they give the Pitt Law Students a shot at this. He should formally apologize and RT at every single player that responded to his misquote. Otherwise, at a minimum, he shouldn't be permitted at another school event.

I have no idea who this Pat Mcafee looking reject even is.

That last sentence is really weird. “I remain committed to finishing the season with this team.” Sounds like a message coming from a guy who’s doing some window shopping. Am I reading too much into it? I don’t know…
You'd probably need to ask EJ about that one.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I don’t know - a coach should take responsibility. And he did.

But it’s not incorrect to say that we lost a lot of talent. It’s not like we have this elite team but coached it to 2-6.

He could have softened it by saying that we lost a ton of talent, and now “inexperienced” or “young”.
Absolutely. If you change one word ….“good” to “experienced” it changes the entire context of the quote and is probably what he meant.

Whether it is valid or not, he is constantly lamenting how inexperienced players make mistakes because they don’t understand something with our offense or defense which are both apparently based on some combination of quantum mechanics and ancient Sanskrit.

This was probably an extension of that coach speak and we know he isn’t a great public speaker. He should have just put it on himself without talking about the players at all.

It is what it is. He has made this bed so he has to lie in it.

H2P

Last edited:
Reactions: FireballZ
Yep. The actual quote is just typical Narduzzi jibberish. Hiles clearly changed it to make it more inflammatory, and he even put it in quotes while doing so. Wow, what a little b*tch.
Exactly. Second time Hiles has tweeted something inflammatory without the full context. He should be shown the door in a similar manner as Biertemfel at the Trib was when he used to wear his penn state gear to cover Pitt.

Johnny from PSU was 1000 times better than Hiles on the Pitt beat

Reactions: 4upmc and Burgh15
OK, listened to the actual press conference, all he really said is we havent replaced the really good players we lost (meaning back to that level) then immediately blamed himself for it and said they havent done a good job coaching.

Someone can post it, its on panther-lair.com youtube site

It definitely doesn't sound as bad when you hear it. People are just so soft. Bunch of snowflakes. Speaking this truth is the only good thing Narduzzi has done all season.

Reactions: President Stache
Not all of it’s the players. Bartholomew has a ton of talent, yet never sees the ball. The truth is most, if not all, of that offensive coaching staff has to go. Cignetti, Powell, Borbely being the main guys.

We have like 3 good players. Wow

Yes we do. Bartholomew, Hammond, Mumpfield, Hayes, DeShields, Devonshire, Williams, Goncalves, Means, and a few others. No need to go splitting mode and live in a total binary. We have some good ones and some who are either not good or just complementary pieces.

Like 1 or 2 of those guys are legit ACC starters

I get what he was trying to say. But he never blames himself critically. It’s always we didn’t make plays and it’s on me. He honestly believes they still have the right game plan week after week and the kids just need to make more plays and do what they are coached to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireballZ
Here's the full quote:

You still don't even want to venture into that territory, but Hiles was obviously trying to stir the pot for engagement and he absolutely succeeded. It's already reached national accounts.

Yeah, pretty low blow by a supposed Pitt beat reporter. Ive said this often, its crap like this that makes Narduzzi not release info to us real fans.,

I read the beat reporters say their job isnt to "be fans" but that is a lot of crap since they write for fans. They should try to develop a relationship to get the best information. Instead they do stuff like this, its silly really

Should Duzz have said that? No. I can’t claim to know his intent, but it does appear that he tried to rectify it. Why is this Hiles guy constantly trying to stir the pot? He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted that. But what is troubling is that so many Pitt players jumped on it right away.

That last sentence is really weird. “I remain committed to finishing the season with this team.” Sounds like a message coming from a guy who’s doing some window shopping. Am I reading too much into it? I don’t know…

He said finishing the season STRONG

Totally different context

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yeah, pretty low blow by a supposed Pitt beat reporter. Ive said this often, its crap like this that makes Narduzzi not release info to us real fans.,

I read the beat reporters say their job isnt to "be fans" but that is a lot of crap since they write for fans. They should try to develop a relationship to get the best information. Instead they do stuff like this, its silly really

Agreed 200%

Pgh media doesn’t do anything other than try to inflict controversy

See Carolina Panthers Terrible Towel “controversy “

People are bored

Reactions: President Stache
Don’t shoot the messenger.
Guy was doing his job. He reported what the coach said after the game. Someone making millions of dollars to do the job SHOULD be smart enough to control what comes out of his mouth in the moments right after a game.
Just when I think Franklin has sunk to the bottom of the PA coaching ladder, Narduzzi digs his ditch a little deeper. It’s like an underachievement competition.

Deion Sanders has said far worse lol. Of course he proceeded to get rid of most of the bad players

The Pittsburgh media is generally garbage when it comes to accurately and factually covering anything happening in Pittsburgh or anywhere. That obviously includes sports. That's the reason I don't listen to the local news or sports programs. If I am forced to listen to a Pitt game on The Fan, I'll do it. But then turn it off when the game is over. There is nothing in the local media reporting that is worth my time.

So everyone under 30 is illiterate?

Not everyone under 30 uses "Ya' know" and "Uh" 4 and 5 times in every sentence. Some kids that are 9 and 10 years old don't do it. If you're an adult and do it, I was being kind in calling that illiterate. I could have used much more insulting language but chose not to. It just shows a lack of an intelligent, adult vocabulary and an undeveloped ability to speak.

Don’t shoot the messenger.
Guy was doing his job. He reported what the coach said after the game. Someone making millions of dollars to do the job SHOULD be smart enough to control what comes out of his mouth in the moments right after a game.
Just when I think Franklin has sunk to the bottom of the PA coaching ladder, Narduzzi digs his ditch a little deeper. It’s like an underachievement competition.

Of course you can shoot the messenger when the messenger is full of shit. If one king sends a messenger to tell the other "Hey buddy, you are going to die if you dont prepare for an attack from our enemy" then he goes and relays the message "you are going to die"

It was a bad job of reporting

Window shopping for what? LMAO

Of course you can shoot the messenger when the messenger is full of shit. If one king sends a messenger to tell the other "Hey buddy, you are going to die if you dont prepare for an attack from our enemy" then he goes and relays the message "you are going to die"

It was a bad job of reporting
Let’s see…..we’ve got a reporter just doing his job, a dumbass coach who can’t engage his brain before he engages his mouth, a president who gets testy when the reporter does his job, and two kings from who-the-hell knows where trading texts. Too many characters in this little soap opera for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT