ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Game & Other Dribbles ...

It's fair to criticize Capel for not winning enough, but in this era, players can bolt for any reason, and I don't think it's fair to hold the coach responsible.
I totally understand that, for sure. But if he loses these two freshmen, man, we're in bad shape next year. He'd need to really kill it in the portal, even more so than he did last year. It also kills any continuity the program has. Of course, winning and keeping kids around are probably correlated as well. This is perhaps the biggest issue.

I totally understand that, for sure. But if he loses these two freshmen, man, we're in bad shape next year. He'd need to really kill it in the portal, even more so than he did last year. It also kills any continuity the program has. Of course, winning and keeping kids around are probably correlated as well. This is perhaps the biggest issue.

Yes and no. There are PLENTY of portal dudes who are as good or better at COLLEGE basketball than Lowe and Bub. As I said before, age matters so much in basketball. I wouldn't bring in freshmen unless they are elite. I'll take the 22 year old who averaged 18 at Towson.

Most (90%) of Bud's shots were off-balance, forced and/or contested.
And most were his fault and nobody else.

Was this one?

this one?

How about this one?

It's too bad the condensed game doesn't have all of them. Just to be clear, I'm not ragging on Bub. I'm ragging on the comment on Bub's dad looking unhappy and how it's not Jr's fault. Most of Jr's misses were his fault last night.

I'm not saying we'll lose them. Only that with the circumstances we currently have at Pitt and the coaching inadequacies and NIL money, I could see it happening and I wouldn't blame them for leaving. I hope they don't. But I also hope we get a coaching staff in here that can recruit and develop players. It's not an ideal scenario in either case. They might leave and unfortunately, we're stuck with Capel and staff for at least another year.
His son had 0 points and was getting lit up on the defensive end with nba scouts there when they showed him
Of course Sr wasn’t happy

lil bub is a very talented freshman who has been a terrific surprise for Pitt
But what we saw in duke is they have 4-5 bubs with better shooting ability .
Their roster is made of top 25 recruits

His nba prospects are based on potential
Duke’s players are based on their talent right now to play
That’s the difference

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
And most were his fault and nobody else.

Was this one?

this one?

How about this one?

It's too bad the condensed game doesn't have all of them. Just to be clear, I'm not ragging on Bub. I'm ragging on the comment on Bub's dad looking unhappy and how it's not Jr's fault. Most of Jr's misses were his fault last night.
It’s important to remember that he’s an 18 yr old freshman and bound to make mistakes and have bad games and the good ones learn more from their failures ….

His father is a Bb coach and he knows how to evaluate his sons play and progress . It wasn’t JC throwing up all those misses !

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Yes and no. There are PLENTY of portal dudes who are as good or better at COLLEGE basketball than Lowe and Bub. As I said before, age matters so much in basketball. I wouldn't bring in freshmen unless they are elite. I'll take the 22 year old who averaged 18 at Towson.
JC had every right to expect Dior to be his lead guard this yr , the real failure was not adding a strong inside guy from the portal . Plus I can’t imagine anyone could envision how poorly Fede is playing .

Last yr showed you how valuable that adding 22/23 yr olds players can be and this yr you’re seeing the growing pains of relying on younger guys .

JC had every right to expect Dior to be his lead guard this yr , the real failure was not adding a strong inside guy from the portal . Plus I can’t imagine anyone could envision how poorly Fede is playing .

Last yr showed you how valuable that adding 22/23 yr olds players can be and this yr you’re seeing the growing pains of relying on younger guys .
I don’t know if he’d be a lead guard -
He barely played in Europe on the trip
But he’s certainly give us another ball handler and guard depth

It’s important to remember that he’s an 18 yr old freshman and bound to make mistakes and have bad games and the good ones learn more from their failures ….

His father is a Bb coach and he knows how to evaluate his sons play and progress . It wasn’t JC throwing up all those misses !
Oh, I agree. He's been a refreshing surprise this season.

There's plenty to pin on Capel. Bub's bad shooting night isn't one of them.

I thought Fede could have a breakout year and be like a 12 PPG guy. There's guys at the Pete wearing those fake chinese Federiko jerseys. He was GOOD last year. I dont know what happened.

I said they should have gone after NEC POY 6'10 C Josh Cohen from St. Francis. He went to UMass and is averaging 17 and 7. I expect he will transfer up again after this season but this time to a big time school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT