ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Game Thread

I haven't seen much of collier play this year but I think he has got to get some time in place of Brown. When Coulibaly is resting or in foul trouble, go with Collier. Brown is a livability. Losing Hughley is huge

Great half. I’ll be picky and say that we should have slowed it down on that last steal. Could have held for last shot instead of giving up a 3

Win or lose, this team looks like they finally have figured out what Capel is teaching. Let’s go Pitt!

Great end to the 1st half. Hope X's TO doesn't come back to haunt us. Bad decision there led to a Duke 3. Champagnie is just unreal at this point and Toney has been great, too. Let's get this one!

X is starting to play a little bit like he played last year I just think he needs to slow himself down and stop forcing

Reactions: pittbb80
X has a ton of flaws but playing hard and for the entire game has never been one of them. Love that guy for his effort. I'll skip my old man (I'm not that old) nit pick list.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Yeah, that end of half sequence was a bummer. But regardless, we are in position now. Need to start 2nd half strong and at least maintain the lead for a while. Make Duke expend a lot of effort just to get it even again.

Suddenly we can score the basketball. Penny deserves most of the credit. X has been pretty good too. Toney has been fierce on the offensive glass. We will probably need a couple threes from Horton to hold on to this lead. Think about our last two halves of basketball tho. 64 in 2nd against Cuse and 43 in 1st half against Duke. That is just fantastic!

I hate the term, but Pitt is developing spurtability.

Coulibaly, 0 points, 2 rebounds in the first half, 5 points, 3 rebounds in the first four minutes of the second half.

Make use of the media timeout here. Reset and calm down. Come out and grind out a good possession after the Duke free throws. Really need a score on our next possession to maintain control of the game.

Fantastic ball movement and extra passing to get JC to the line at the under 12 TO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT