ADVERTISEMENT

Efton Reid Announcing 05/07 At Noon

Even if there's nothing improper going on here, the fact that you have Will Wade involved, coming in late, and 2 pushbacks of a commitment time sure makes it look like there's some type of bidding war going on.
Terrell Pryor part deux?????

I’m mildly sure that a kid with his kind of talent can “cry wolf” as much as he wants. Frustration of fans doesn’t mean the programs are going to tell him to take a hike.

That’s who I’m referring to. I try not to criticize parents because it’s not like there’s an operators manual on how to manage when your son is a 5 star prospect, but it’s certainly not helping the kid by coming out and promising a decision when he clearly isnt/wasn’t ready.

Sounds like his parents didn't do a very good job of raising him and teaching him some humility. He's really no different than anyone else except he can play with a ball.

Sounds like his parents didn't do a very good job of raising him and teaching him some humility. He's really no different than anyone else except he can play with a ball.
Huh? He has basically no social media presence, and doesn't like the recruiting limelight. Seems like a weird introverted kid. He's holding out for the best offer. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: jctrack
I pass no judgements on anyone but setting the time to announce twice and then not announcing is certainly odd. Has to be frustrating for our staff who might need to pivot to plan B and C (ok, maybe D at this point) guys if he's not coming here.

Huh? He has basically no social media presence, and doesn't like the recruiting limelight. Seems like a weird introverted kid. He's holding out for the best offer. Nothing wrong with that.

I'd say there is something wrong with that, but I agree that these primadonna kids now expect money if you want them to go to your school. But it doesn't change the fact that that is wrong. It's not going to change because it's a fact.

He does have a social media presence, which is a mistake for anyone. We know nothing about his personality or if he is introverted, as you claim. But I think he is holding out for the best $$$$ offer.

Just call them what they are...semi-pro athletes. Drop the word "student" from the student-athlete moniker. That's a joke. Many of these kids can barely read. Pay them to play basketball ONLY for the school. No need to attend classes...that's a fraud. If they can somehow make a living doing that for a period of time, good for them. It's their responsibility to learn a trade or learn some skills to make a living outside of a sport, though.

Until he announces his choice it’s really hard to speculate what’s behind the confusion . It does seem like son and mother aren’t on the same page .

Obviously if he choices LSU we all know why !

College coaches are grossly overpaid , but this part of their job I wouldn’t wish on anyone .

I'd say there is something wrong with that, but I agree that these primadonna kids now expect money if you want them to go to your school. But it doesn't change the fact that that is wrong. It's not going to change because it's a fact.

He does have a social media presence, which is a mistake for anyone. We know nothing about his personality or if he is introverted, as you claim. But I think he is holding out for the best $$$$ offer.

Just call them what they are...semi-pro athletes. Drop the word "student" from the student-athlete moniker. That's a joke. Many of these kids can barely read. Pay them to play basketball ONLY for the school. No need to attend classes...that's a fraud. If they can somehow make a living doing that for a period of time, good for them. It's their responsibility to learn a trade or learn some skills to make a living outside of a sport, though.
They aren't semi-pro. They are pro athletes who are paid with tuition, free food, free housing, free medical, per diems, cost of living money, and other perks. Now, that is still below their market value but I absolutely do not consider these kids to be amateurs.

Yeah, I don’t see the need to extrapolate anything out of this about anyone’s upbringing. They’re going thru this for the first time and perhaps got excited or jumped the gun. It’s not easy to be a kid making a decision with idiots like us waiting on every word.

Until he announces his choice it’s really hard to speculate what’s behind the confusion . It does seem like son and mother aren’t on the same page .

Obviously if he choices LSU we all know why !

College coaches are grossly overpaid , but this part of their job I wouldn’t wish on anyone .

If he goes to LSU, it’s cheating but if he comes here there’s nothing to see? Come on now.

Reactions: DnTanna07
Yeah, if money is a factor then everyone still involved is playing the same game.

I actually don't think it's about money.

Reactions: sonofabit
Yeah, I don’t see the need to extrapolate anything out of this about anyone’s upbringing. They’re going thru this for the first time and perhaps got excited or jumped the gun. It’s not easy to be a kid making a decision with idiots like us waiting on every word.

If he goes to LSU, it’s cheating but if he comes here there’s nothing to see? Come on now.
Thank you. The posts saying if he goes to LSU they cheated while not thinking we will bend the rules somehow are the absolute worst.

Those posts are in a way calling our coaching staff dumb. If cash is the name of the game to get the kid and they spent 3 years recruiting him with milk and Oreos, they’re dumb. That’s what you are saying when you say if he goes to LSU we know why.

Didn’t say that , but we know 100% if it is LSU .

Didn’t say that , but we know 100% if it is LSU .
Lol. So you’re calling JC and his staff dumb. They wasted 3 years recruiting a kid and could never figure out they needed to drop a bag?

did you ever think going to a stable program that competes in NCAA tournaments is appealing? Not to mention the weather and women.

They aren't semi-pro. They are pro athletes who are paid with tuition, free food, free housing, free medical, per diems, cost of living money, and other perks. Now, that is still below their market value but I absolutely do not consider these kids to be amateurs.
What's the market value of a high school grad?? $20K??

Some of y'all are unhinged, casting aspersions on a teenager's character because he's taking his time to decide which college he wants to play for. Probably the same weirdos who tweet at kids.
I think this kid and his mom are unhinged. Not once, but twice did they say, ANNOUNCMENT AT SAID DATE and TIME! and then 24 hours later a SIKE!, JK, LOL, April Fool's, made ya look, dirty crook, stole a rotten egg"!

Last edited:
I think this kid and his mom are unhinged. Not once, but twice did they say, ANNOUNCMENT AT SAID DATE and TIME! and then 24 hours later a SIKE!, JK, LOL, April Fool's, made ya look, dirty crook, stole a rotten egg"!

I don't think they are unhinged, but they obviously don't have it together for whatever reason. They don't owe anyone an explanation, but this is becoming a bad look on their part. I hope they don't tweet out a date/time for an announcement & just go straight to the announcement.

I don't think they are unhinged, but they obviously don't have it together for whatever reason. They don't owe anyone an explanation, but this is becoming a bad look on their part. I hope they don't tweet out a date/time for an announcement & just go straight to the announcement.

Its a bad look but probably more for the mom. It doesn't really matter in the long run provided he stays committed once he commits somewhere. Annoying for programs that are trying to build a class around him.

Its a bad look but probably more for the mom. It doesn't really matter in the long run provided he stays committed once he commits somewhere. Annoying for programs that are trying to build a class around him.

True. And regardless of where he ends up, I question how long he will stay there.

Everybody cheats now, if you are able to get even marginal players and depending on the level. Pitt cheats, too. It's part of being part of the cesspool of college basketball. Some are better at it than others, obviously. If Pitt gets Reid, maybe they're getting better at cheating.

Lol. So you’re calling JC and his staff dumb. They wasted 3 years recruiting a kid and could never figure out they needed to drop a bag?

did you ever think going to a stable program that competes in NCAA tournaments is appealing? Not to mention the weather and women.
You assume I’m thinking he’s choosing Pitt , I can’t think of one reason a kid that talented would choose Pitt right now .

I‘m impressed that Pitt is even in the conversation .

Sooner or latter an elite kid will just want to play for JC and that’s the break this program needs .

There’s obviously more to his decision than woman and weather otherwise he’d go to Miami.

If the NCAA tourney was a major consideration Pitt wouldn’t have gotten this far .

Everybody cheats now, if you are able to get even marginal players and depending on the level. Pitt cheats, too. It's part of being part of the cesspool of college basketball. Some are better at it than others, obviously. If Pitt gets Reid, maybe they're getting better at cheating.

Depends on your definition of “cheating”

The “Blue Chips” image of a gym bag with stacks of cash is really the outlier (obviously they do it much smarter). The money is really concentrated around a comparatively small group of guys. A guy ranked in the 50-75 range isn’t getting a house like Zion got from Duke (allegedly). Cars are pretty common as those are easy to hide, but the whole image of “dropping a bag” is really not the norm.

He is waiting to see which states pass laws to allow college athletes their own revenue sharing on likeness and images.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT