ADVERTISEMENT

Ellison Update

You don't know any of that. You have no idea what our roster would be. One thing I'm pretty sure about, is we'd at least have a roster. Rebuild from what, Stallings disaster? Teams don't rebuild off of an NCAA Tourney season. You may not care what happens this year, but most fans with sense will, as well as potential recruits.

Yeah, we can have a pretty good idea what the roster would be. The 3 guys left and several guys who just went through the exit door.

Only thinking of our future is how fast we dump the coach and ACTUALLY care to improve the future
I really don't think removing KS this early in his contract would be much of a calling card for his successor . Forget Pitt not being able to afford such a move who would come here that anyone wanted ? NO ONE !

Reactions: gary2
I still think Stallings is try to build the roster to make the big jump in year 3. The problem is it is so decimated right now for all the reasons previously hashed over on this board, Stallings is in the precarious position of potentially not seeing year 3 because year 2 might be even more of an unmitigated disaster.

I would be very hesitant in his position to bring in a transfer that could not contribute positively next year - if there is enough outcry and financial pushback from alumni and fans, Pitt could be hiring another search firm to do a search next March.

Ellison is not a terrible transfer to bring in, and he may be able to contribute after sitting a year. I just don't know that KS will get the opportunity to see him contribute in an ACC game.
I really don't think removing KS this early in his contract would be much of a calling card for his successor . Forget Pitt not being able to afford such a move who would come here that anyone wanted ? NO ONE !
which is how we ended up with this disaster.

Dude, when we are totally irrelevant... who is going to want the job...simply because we let Stallings steal a paycheck for 6 years ??

You don't know any of that. You have no idea what our roster would be. One thing I'm pretty sure about, is we'd at least have a roster. Rebuild from what, Stallings disaster? Teams don't rebuild off of an NCAA Tourney season. You may not care what happens this year, but most fans with sense will, as well as potential recruits.
We'd have the trash Dixon recruited and which has been run off...

Yeah, we're much better off now.
What's sad is that we weren't very far off from this same situation just couple short years ago, having to sign up 3 so-so grad transfers to fill out a roster, on top of bringing guys with a good chance of not playing because of medical questions, or just out and out reaches easily on par with any of the current group shrugged off as projects.

And what is amazing is that was the state of affairs with a well-entrenched coach with a stellar resume/prior performance, no complications resulting from a coaching change, old players from the prior coach either 'run off' or choosing to leave on their own. But yeah, we were way way better off back then.

What's sad is that we weren't very far off from this same situation just couple short years ago, having to sign up 3 so-so grad transfers to fill out a roster, on top of bringing guys with a good chance of not playing because of medical questions, or just out and out reaches easily on par with any of the current group shrugged off as projects.

And what is amazing is that was the state of affairs with a well-entrenched coach with a stellar resume/prior performance, no complications resulting from a coaching change, old players from the prior coach either 'run off' or choosing to leave on their own. But yeah, we were way way better off back then.
Not very far off? That team with 3 not so great transfers and injured players won over 20 games and made the tourney. Players weren't abandoning the program. How many wins will this team have? Results are what matters, not our perception of recruiting.

KS had a chance to come in here and bring in a recruit or two and turn this thing around. I was told he was an excellent recruiter. Instead, everyone has left the program, including Cam and KS primary recruit, and the program is a disaster.

We were incredibly better then than we are now. The program has disintegrated.

We made the tourney. Now we have no team to speak of. You and Del think that's the same. Sane people disagree.

Alternate facts. Stallings only had a short time to recruit last year's class and this class isn't complete.
Alternate what? Show me our 12-13 players. I'll wait.

In fact, you head is so far deep in Stallings flower bed that last May you guys said nobody was left, and here we are again in May with no players and no players available. A full year to recruit and he failed. He's a bigger doofus than the Stallings apologists on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: PANTHERAN
He was a very good coach but awful recruiter and is as responsible for our current mess as Stallings.

Absolutely wrong. Quit making excuses for Stallings, a so-called coach who can't recruit or coach. Dixon has been gone for a while now. Stallings has had a chance to recruit some players and he hasn't done squat. This is 100% his mess and he is accountable.

Solid signing by you guys. I always thought he was going to be a big contributor at St. John's, but he really faded last year. With both our starting guards coming back in addition to Miles Simon transferring from Arizona he was going to see reduced PT. All in all though he does a lot of things well. He's a solid defender and rebounds well for a guard. His shooting, and basketball IQ leaves a lot to be desired though. His play was VERY frustrating at times last year, but in the right system I think he can develop into a nice player for you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT