ADVERTISEMENT

Extremely dangerous next year

Vader_Storm

Sophomore
Dec 16, 2018
Im starting a new thread.

I dont care what happens from here on out this year. Lowe and Carrington are extremely dangerous next year.

The last time I got vibes like this, was Jameer Nelson and Delonte West and the St. Joes Hawks in the Elite 8, who was bested by Lucas III and Tony Allen in the Elite 8 to reach the Final 4. Lowe, Carrington, Leggett, Cummings, we are frigging loaded at guards. Beyond loaded. We are stacked with this 4 some and beyond dangerous.

For once in Pitt history, let these guys return and mesh...

I dont care what happens from here on out this year. Lowe and Carrington are extremely dangerous next year.

The last time I got vibes like this, was Jameer Nelson and Delonte West and the St. Joes Hawks in the Elite 8, who was bested by Lucas III and Tony Allen in the Elite 8 to reach the Final 4. Lowe, Carrington, Leggett, Cummings, we are frigging loaded at guards. Beyond loaded. We are stacked with this 4 some and beyond dangerous.

We have a much better chance to make the NCAAT this year than Bub returning

Some assumptions there that may not come true. Both Lowe and Carrington may not return. At least 1 of them. I hope they do because your conclusion would then be correct. I don't see that happening, though. Leggett may opt out, who knows. Cummings sounds good, but he'll take some time to adjust. He may not get up to speed as quickly as Lowe and Carrington did this year.

The portal will be as important as last year for Pitt, probably more important. We'll have as many as 2 to 5 spots to fill, depending on who leaves.

No doubt that Lowe and Bub will improve and Pitt will have a dynamite backcourt if they return. However, what the Pitt/ NC and NC St/ NC games showed is that Pitt will still be severely hampered next year unless they get a big man with some semblance of an offensive game.

Reactions: MajorMajors
No doubt that Lowe and Bub will improve and Pitt will have a dynamite backcourt if they return. However, what the Pitt/ NC and NC St/ NC games showed is that Pitt will still be severely hampered next year unless they get a big man with some semblance of an offensive game.
Or at least some more bulk to defend as well.

Or at least some more bulk to defend as well.
Ironically I think Hugley this season would have been a big help. Fede just got manhandled inside so many games and he gave us next to nothing offensively. I was expecting a big jump this season and it didn't happen.

Hugley would have given us the bulk and offense we needed inside.

Ironically I think Hugley this season would have been a big help. Fede just got manhandled inside so many games and he gave us next to nothing offensively. I was expecting a big jump this season and it didn't happen.

Perhaps, but I think it’s already been demonstrated that this is a much better team overall with John Hugley.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Perhaps, but I think it’s already been demonstrated that this is a much better team overall with John Hugley.
If Hugley would have accepted a role of playing 15 mins a game it could have worked, but he left because he thought he was better than that. Ironically, he averaged 10-15 mins the last 5 games he played for OU.

Reactions: PittMan2003
If Hugley would have accepted a role of playing 15 mins a game it could have worked, but he left because he thought he was better than that. Ironically, he averaged 10-15 mins the last 5 games he played for OU.
Exactly. There’s no doubt we could’ve used his skill and beef. But would he have accepted his role?

A lot of uncertainty with thinking all 3 of Bub, Jaland and Ish will be here next year. Yeah we’ll be good if they are back but as currently constructed, we still will have a big offensive and defensive void in the middle.

It is amazing. no matter who we played in the last 15 or so games of the season, and whether a W or L, we were clearly on the short end of the straw at the 5 position. Seemed like every opponent had a big that could post up with back to basket, back our guys down and spin by or flip up a winner. I saw GDG do that once in the UNC game and almost fell off my chair, 1st time I’ve seen one of our guys display that capability.

If they come back. I think Jaland will, not so sure Bub will.

Reactions: singregardless
I bet I could find some craZzZzy posts and predictions from you around the time Johnson and McGowens burst on the scene.

Go for it.

I dare you.

Because I hated on both of these guys. All they did was beat up garbage in the non conference schedule to juice stats and neither could score outside dribble penetration to the basket.

I was the biggest Mcgowens hater on this entire board. By all means, bump old threads.

Go for it.

I dare you.

Because I hated on both of these guys. All they did was beat up garbage in the non conference schedule to juice stats and neither could score outside dribble penetration to the basket.

I was the biggest Mcgowens hater on this entire board. By all means, bump old threads.

My biggest L on this board was Femi Odukale. I admit it. I thought he was going to be really good in college and he wasn't. He was decent on defense and thats about it.

Go for it.

I dare you.

Pretty sure I recall wins against FSU and maybe Louisville fairly early in their freshmen season, as well as hanging with Iowa. Could be misremembering that or mixing seasons.

Pretty sure I recall wins against FSU and maybe Louisville fairly early in their freshmen season, as well as hanging with Iowa. Could be misremembering that or mixing seasons.

Unlike other people I openly admit my L's on this board of things I got really wrong. I also do this with things I got really right.

Femi I was quite wrong on. And I wont use the badly broken arm on the scooter injury as an excuse. I also thought Horton for example was going to be better than what he turned out to be, but I bought into some of the Capel koolaid on that one.

I strongly pump players that do well in the EYBL. If you followed me long enough, you would know this. Femi missed some of the EYBL. And so did Nate Santos for example. And we had a year where the entire EYBL was canceled because of covid.

Unlike other people I openly admit my L's on this board of things I got really wrong. I also do this with things I got really right.

Femi I was quite wrong on. And I wont use the badly broken arm on the scooter injury as an excuse. I also thought Horton for example was going to be better than what he turned out to be, but I bought into some of the Capel koolaid on that one.

I strongly pump players that do well in the EYBL. If you followed me long enough, you would know this. Femi missed some of the EYBL. And so did Nate Santos for example. And we had a year where the entire EYBL was canceled because of covid.

Not to go ball busting mode, but I'm pretty sure there were some emphatic recruiting prediction misses in there, too.

Not to go ball busting mode, but I'm pretty sure there were some recruiting prediction misses in there, too.

Well of course there are. Nobody comes close to batting 100%.

There are a handful of top 100 nationally ranked busts every year. It happens. The same thing for example with the NBA or NFL draft, there are always draft busts.

Get a 23 year old transfer big man. Someone with a year left that has filled into his body.

And hopefully someone without feet for hands.....

Reactions: Faix87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT