ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Big time half so far for Guillermo. Well on his way to a double double and he's got assists, blocks, and steals to go with it. He's also +14 so far in this game while Fede is -1. I don't know why Fede is even getting the PT he is getting right now, Guillermo has been head and shoulders better than him. Guillermo is the best player on the floor right now by a mile.

Not a good half for Carrington and Hinson. And like a broken record I say every game, I wish Lowe would dribble penetrate a lot more and stop settling for 3s which he is struggling to make right now.

Hinson’s three point shooting is like the little girl with the curl.

Big time half so far for Guillermo. Well on his way to a double double and he's got assists, blocks, and steals to go with it. He's also +14 so far in this game while Fede is -1. I don't know why Fede is even getting the PT he is getting right now, Guillermo has been head and shoulders better than him. Guillermo is the best player on the floor right now by a mile.

Not a good half for Carrington and Hinson. And like a broken record I say every game, I wish Lowe would dribble penetrate a lot more and stop settling for 3s which he is struggling to make right now.
Fede looks lost out there. He didn't even consider trying a putback where he was barely defended.

I hope he gets his confidence back, but this is why I was hoping Kante would be available this season.

Lead should have been bigger. We had several silly turnovers with unnecessary long passes and missed a number of chances right at the hoop. That said, having GDG in there instead of Fede is making an obvious impact. He gives us another scoring threat for other teams to worry about.

Carrington hasn’t had too many good half’s lately. Fede seems worse off the bench. Diaz, Jeffress, Austin look better but this is a good matchup for them. Hoping the conf is down like everyone’s saying.

Awful finish and bad beat on spread with Fede. SMH. Bench him more. Austin has risen and been more motivated. Fede disappearing.

Where's that hoopie that was predicting that we'd have trouble and possibly lose to PFW? LOL! We held them to about half of their scoring average for a game on a bad shooting night for us, no less. Hoopies are doomed.

Guillermo finishes the game +23 in the box score which is team best by far, Fede -9 in the box score which is team worst. Guillermo had the game MVP wrapped up by halftime, and finished with 13 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 4 assists, 2 steals and a quality defensive effort. He has strung together some really nice games and is now got the starters job on lockdown.

Its quite ironic that Julius Page compared Jaland Lowe to John Lucas III in the commentary. Ive made that comparison about 20 times on this board already going back over a year ago. Whats also ironic, It sounds like Lucas will be giving Lowe some special training next summer. John Lucas Sr is Lowe's godfather. Lucas III the former Big 12 player of the year, led his team to the final 4 with a win over Pitt in the Sweet 16, and played in the NBA.

Zack Austin looks like he wants to fill in that Sibande role off the bench, and its been working. Back to back good games since the switch. Also, good things have happened when Austin dribble penetrates to the rim. He needs to do that much more.

Guillermo finishes the game +23 in the box score which is team best by far, Fede -9 in the box score which is team worst. Guillermo had the game MVP wrapped up by halftime, and finished with 13 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 4 assists, 2 steals and a quality defensive effort. He has strung together some really nice games and is now got the starters job on lockdown.

Its not so ironic that Julius Page compared Jaland Lowe to John Lucas III in the commentary. Ive made that comparison about 20 times on this board already going back over a year ago. What is ironic is, It sounds like Lucas will be giving Lowe some special training next summer. John Lucas Sr is Lowe's godfather. Lucas III the former Big 12 player of the year, led his team to the final 4 with a win over Pitt in the Sweet 16, and played in the NBA.

Zack Austin looks like he wants to fill in that Sibande role off the bench, and its been working. Back to back good games since the switch. Also, good things have happened when Austin dribble penetrates to the rim. He needs to do that much more.
Yep. Austin seems to have found his role. Same with GDG. Lowe keeps showing flashes. At other times seems to keep do too much himself, but he has no doubt gotten better. I really wish JdG would step up. Use twins together. But also not sure where Jeffress is most effective. I know they rotate him and Austin, but have they been on floor at same time with their D…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT