ADVERTISEMENT

Hugley

Yeah yeah. Everyone handles weight differently etc. etc. etc. But you or me or Souf or bballinsider or Phil don't have access to trainers and nutritionists 24/7.

so you think it's more plausible that it was a total failure inside the program rather than this kid not being able to move his knee and being prone to weight gain?

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
so you think it's more plausible that it was a total failure inside the program rather than this kid not being able to move his knee and being prone to weight gain?
Lmao. Nobody is prone to weight gain. John is prone to eating too much, that’s how you gain weight. Eating.. not magically gaining weight.

The staff and John are to blame. Plain and simple. He wasn’t paralyzed. He had a knee strain. John is lazy. Plain and simple.

Hell, he had someone change the license plate on the stolen car instead of doing it himself. Could have burned Atleast 70 calories turning the screwdriver..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I can eat 3000 calories and do nothing and lose weight but that's just probably the cancer.
Having said that everyone absorbs differently.
Everyone's metabolism isn't the same.
Having said all that John needs to realize even if he believes he's talented, he has to work hard. The great players all mostly worked harder than everyone else, in conjunction with their talent

Lmao. Nobody is prone to weight gain. John is prone to eating too much, that’s how you gain weight. Eating.. not magically gaining weight.

The staff and John are to blame. Plain and simple. He wasn’t paralyzed. He had a knee strain. John is lazy. Plain and simple.

Hell, he had someone change the license plate on the stolen car instead of doing it himself. Could have burned Atleast 70 calories turning the screwdriver..

Obesity is absolutely genetic.

rather than this kid not being able to move his knee

Well we know for a fact that he could move his knee, because there are plenty of people on here who saw him during his rehab period.

That doesn't mean that he could run and jump and all that, but it does mean that he wasn't laid up in bed not able to do anything at all.

Well we know for a fact that he could move his knee, because there are plenty of people on here who saw him during his rehab period.

That doesn't mean that he could run and jump and all that, but it does mean that he wasn't laid up in bed not able to do anything at all.

that's not true. His knee was locked into place for 6 weeks. He could walk stiff legged.

I can eat 3000 calories and do nothing and lose weight but that's just probably the cancer.
Having said that everyone absorbs differently.
Everyone's metabolism isn't the same.
Having said all that John needs to realize even if he believes he's talented, he has to work hard. The great players all mostly worked harder than everyone else, in conjunction with their talent

hope you’re doing well my man

that's not true. His knee was locked into place for 6 weeks. He could walk stiff legged.

He injured his knee on September 30. He was walking around with no limp and no knee brace of any kind by October 8. Is it possible that his knee was locked into place for maybe a week? Yeah, sure, OK. Did that happen for six weeks? No. It absolutely did not. As several people here besides myself saw live and in person.

He injured his knee on September 30. He was walking around with no limp and no knee brace of any kind by October 8. Is it possible that his knee was locked into place for maybe a week? Yeah, sure, OK. Did that happen for six weeks? No. It absolutely did not. As several people here besides myself saw live and in person.

yeah, that's simply not true. Capel after the Alabama St. game on Nov. 20th

"When you’re out and you’re not playing basketball for six weeks - for him, I would say for the first five weeks, he wasn’t walking straight. He couldn’t bend his knee. It was in a brace where he kept it straight, so he wasn’t walking regular, not straight. And then the last week, he still had the brace, but they decreased the tension so he could move it. When you do that for six weeks, you’re not going to come back and be the guy that you were. It’s going to take some time."

not really sure why you have to come on here and lie about stuff like this. It's stupid.

yeah, that's simply not true. Capel after the Alabama St. game on Nov. 20th

"When you’re out and you’re not playing basketball for six weeks - for him, I would say for the first five weeks, he wasn’t walking straight. He couldn’t bend his knee. It was in a brace where he kept it straight, so he wasn’t walking regular, not straight. And then the last week, he still had the brace, but they decreased the tension so he could move it. When you do that for six weeks, you’re not going to come back and be the guy that you were. It’s going to take some time."

not really sure why you have to come on here and lie about stuff like this. It's stupid.

There definitely is someone lying here. And it's the person who says that he couldn't bend his knee for five weeks after the injury. It's the person saying that his knee was in a brace the whole time where they kept it straight.

And I can say that for a fact because apparently you don't know this, but Pitt had an open practice on October 8. At that practice Hugley started out sitting on the bench on the sideline. With no knee brace on. And then later on was walking around the court with one of the training staff. With no knee brace on. And no limp. But at that point he did have an electronic stimulus device attached to his lower leg with a lead going to his knee.

And the funny thing is that myself and some other people here commented on that very thing right after it happened. As they say, you could look it up.

Or you can believe the person who is absolutely lying, and who actually has a motivation to lie, unlike me.

Reactions: Wanstash Excuses
There definitely is someone lying here. And it's the person who says that he couldn't bend his knee for five weeks after the injury. It's the person saying that his knee was in a brace the whole time where they kept it straight.

And I can say that for a fact because apparently you don't know this, but Pitt had an open practice on October 8. At that practice Hugley started out sitting on the bench on the sideline. With no knee brace on. And then later on was walking around the court with one of the training staff. With no knee brace on. And no limp. But at that point he did have an electronic stimulus device attached to his lower leg with a lead going to his knee.

And the funny thing is that myself and some other people here commented on that very thing right after it happened. As they say, you could look it up.

Or you can believe the person who is absolutely lying, and who actually has a motivation to lie, unlike me.

when was the open practice? October 8th?

Capel made these comments November 20th. 6 weeks from that exact date is October 9th.

Maybe they weren't sure how bad the injury was leading up to that practice, but regardless, the timeline of him being in a brace for 6 weeks, 5 without movement, absolutely matches what he said.

Here we go

** John Hugley and Will Jeffress walked the sidelines with injuries. John was walking without a brace or crutches, but perhaps a very slight limp. Will was sporting a nifty knee scooter.

It wasn't even me who posted that one. So are you ready to call DT a liar too?

Hahahahah. Take Capel’s Sac off of your forehead for a minute and listen to reality.

So the glutton gained 30 lbs in 6 weeks. But let’s blame society and a fake genetic excuse.

You are too much

ur gonna lose our bet. just use ur real username.

Here we go

** John Hugley and Will Jeffress walked the sidelines with injuries. John was walking without a brace or crutches, but perhaps a very slight limp. Will was sporting a nifty knee scooter.

It wasn't even me who posted that one. So are you ready to call DT a liar too?

read my last post. Nov. 20th is when Capel made the comments. 6 weeks prior to that is October 9th.

If you were at Oct. 8th practice, he wasn't in one, but was starting that Sunday.

Hand up - sorry for calling you a liar. Should've done the quick math on the timeline.

when was the open practice? October 8th?

Capel made these comments November 20th. 6 weeks from that exact date is October 9th.

Maybe they weren't sure how bad the injury was leading up to that practice, but regardless, the timeline of him being in a brace for 6 weeks, 5 without movement, absolutely matches what he said.

Yeah, that's it. More than a week after he got injured the Pitt medical team, who until that point was completely clueless, realized that he actually was injured and that all that walking around was just killing him.

Sure. Right.

By the way, November 20 not only is six weeks after October 9, it's also four days after Hugley played his first game. Seems unlikely that he was still wearing this big brace on his knee and we all watched the game on television and failed to notice it.

the absolute weirdest thing about the free board is when people make these new accounts with the weird names

like who has the time/energy to do that on a random message board

Weirdo

the absolute weirdest thing about the free board is when people make these new accounts with the weird names

like who has the time/energy to do that on a random message board

Weirdo

Apparently John Hugley was killing some time before the game tonight here on the Lair when his 3rd Chin felt the need to chime in!

Reactions: pittjas
Yeah, that's it. More than a week after he got injured the Pitt medical team, who until that point was completely clueless, realized that he actually was injured and that all that walking around was just killing him.

Sure. Right.

By the way, November 20 not only is six weeks after October 9, it's also four days after Hugley played his first game. Seems unlikely that he was still wearing this big brace on his knee and we all watched the game on television and failed to notice it.

do I need to lay this out for you?

October 9th - Knee Brace

November 11th - After WVU game, Capel said Hugley will begin non contact practice next week.

November 13th - 5 weeks from having brace on. Hugley begins non-contact work. Pitt had Saturday off, got back in the gym Sunday. Hugley practicing with a brace on.

November 16th - Hugley plays v. UM. Clearly not right. Blow out. Hugley hardly plays.

November 17th - Hugley doesn't play v. VCU - clearly wasn't ready.

November 20th - Officially 6 weeks from the brace being put on. Plays v. Alabama St.

I have absolutely no idea what the limitations were and what he was allowed to do. I truly don't believe the HC of an ACC basketball team would blatantly lie on numerous occasions, about the details of his star player's knee. At the end of the day, Heather Lyke would know if it's true or not and that's the only person that matters if he's lying. I don't see any incentive to blatantly lie to the media and fans about the amount of time he had a brace on his knee.

6 weeks if for a fracture of no weight bearing
Not a sprain

I truly don't believe the HC of an ACC basketball team would blatantly lie on numerous occasions

So you think that it's more likely that Pitt's medical team is made up of complete incompetents. Gotcha.

As to why he would lie, he would lie to protect his player and his own ass. It's not his fault he's so out of shape, he couldn't do anything for six weeks. It's not my fault we performed so poorly, my starting center couldn't even move for six weeks.

It is far more likely that he is exaggerating the extent of the injury than it is that Pitt's medical team was completely fooled for more than a week about what was wrong with him and what he should and should not be doing. Because if they knew they didn't have a complete diagnosis they would have been treating him for the worst possible case, not the best case and hoping that they didn't end up getting it all wrong.

So you think that it's more likely that Pitt's medical team is made up of complete incompetents. Gotcha.

As to why he would lie, he would lie to protect his player and his own ass. It's not his fault he's so out of shape, he couldn't do anything for six weeks. It's not my fault we performed so poorly, my starting center couldn't even move for six weeks.

It is far more likely that he is exaggerating the extent of the injury than it is that Pitt's medical team was completely fooled for more than a week about what was wrong with him and what he should and should not be doing. Because if they knew they didn't have a complete diagnosis they would have been treating him for the worst possible case, not the best case and hoping that they didn't end up getting it all wrong.

covering his ass from who?

Frosty the Snowman.

Seriously, you aren't this dense.

no, I want you to tell me. Covering his ass from who? You? The very few Pitt hoops believers left? who?

The only logical person he should be keeping stuff from is the AD so he doesn't get canned. If he's worried about his job, he's not hiding ANYTHING from her that happens internally. You don't think she knows what was going on with John? You don't think she knows the quality of the medical and training team?

I guess Heather just watches the post game and doesn't interject. Doesn't go and check in with one of the best athletes on campus to make sure he's doing ok. She is apparently so oblivious that Capel lies to 6 people in a room about his timeline to fool her.

keep ignoring the question. Typical

He's deflecting attention and blame from himself and his player. From everyone and anyone who will listen. Which is something that coaches do all the time.

What's typical is that if you can't figure out something so obvious for yourself maybe you ought to step back for a little while, because you are making yourself look like a fool.

He's deflecting attention and blame from himself and his player. From everyone and anyone who will listen. Which is something that coaches do all the time.

What's typical is that if you can't figure out something so obvious for yourself maybe you ought to step back for a little while, because you are making yourself look like a fool.

we're in year 5. you really think he cares what people think of him? the people who have already made up their minds about him? think he really cares about that?

I'm looking like a fool? you're out here saying the HC lied in a press conference multiple times to cover his ass from fans... meanwhile, the entire timeline of the brace checks out.

I'm the fool though. your basing your opinion on a made up conspiracy.

I’ll come at you because you’re irrational and goofy
This fan expects more effort from our returning star player
And won’t make excuses for him

A guy who has a $200M contract in the NBA, 45" vertical, #1 pick in the draft, tremendous coaching and staff at his disposal, has been dealing with weight issues his entire NBA career.

You're just a know it all type of guy. That's pretty clear. You seem like a lot of fun.

we're in year 5. you really think he cares what people think of him? the people who have already made up their minds about him? think he really cares about that?

I'm looking like a fool? you're out here saying the HC lied in a press conference multiple times to cover his ass from fans... meanwhile, the entire timeline of the brace checks out.

I'm the fool though. your basing your opinion on a made up conspiracy.

First of all, it absolutely does not check out, unless you think that Hugley was still in a brace when he actually was playing against Michigan.

Secondly, it only checks out if you assume that Pitt's medical staff is completely incompetent.

Which is more likely, that the person selling a timeline that we know for a fact is not correct is telling the truth and the medical staff is incompetent, or the timeline is what it is, the medical staff did their job appropriately, and a coach who has been under fire was disingenuous when talking to the media?

Be careful when you answer, because that fool thing is clearly on the table again.

First of all, it absolutely does not check out, unless you think that Hugley was still in a brace when he actually was playing against Michigan.

Secondly, it only checks out if you assume that Pitt's medical staff is completely incompetent.

Which is more likely, that the person selling a timeline that we know for a fact is not correct is telling the truth and the medical staff is incompetent, or the timeline is what it is, the medical staff did their job appropriately, and a coach who has been under fire was disingenuous when talking to the media?

Be careful when you answer, because that fool thing is clearly on the table again.

brace for 5 weeks puts us 3 days before the UM game. He rushed back that week to play. about 5 1/2 weeks into the brace he played. Capel said brace for 6 weeks. not walking straight for 5 weeks.

math is hard.

You are correct, math is hard. For you and the guy who said this:

"I would say for the first five weeks, he wasn’t walking straight. He couldn’t bend his knee. It was in a brace where he kept it straight, so he wasn’t walking regular, not straight. And then the last week, he still had the brace, but they decreased the tension so he could move it."

Which is obviously factually incorrect. For him to have been in the brace for six weeks (not the five that you now want to pretend) he would have either had to have been in the brace when several people here saw and commented that he was not in the brace, or he was wearing the brace when he played against Michigan.

Oops.

It's as if you and Capel don't think that people can count. Or, I guess, add five plus one and get six.

But then again, math is hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT