ADVERTISEMENT

I know this is a Pitt football board, but I have to ask...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
what in the world is up with the Pittsburgh Pirates and their base running???
Gregory Polanco just gets picked off of 3rd base because he is to much of a superstar and doesn't feel the need to get his rear end back to the 3rd base bag in a timely fashion.
Then Gerrit Cole hits a groundball to 3rd and decides to literally slowly jog down the 1B line because he is to much of a superstar. WHAT IS GOING ON???
When did it become acceptable for a professional baseball player to not "hustle" while on the field?
The Pirates have been absolutely horrible at running the bases for the last 3 or 4 years and it cost their 3B coach his job and might I add deservingly so. They bring in Joey Cora to handle the job and the mistakes continue.
Time for someone to be held accountable and that someone is Clint Hurdle. If he can't get his players to work hard and finish each and every play, he needs to go.
I think that time has arrived.

Hurdle needed to yank both players out of the game. That's what would happen in the 'old' days. Then the player would be made to apologize to the fans.

When you contrast that to Mike leake hustling his behind off on a hard grounder to ss you can see why the pirates struggle.

The Pirates make up for their lack of hustle with great fundamentals!Their lead off batter fails to get a bunt down and hits into a DP.Lead off double with no outs in the bottom of 9th and Hurdle doesn't bunt him to 3rd!!!Its not like Harrison is tearing the cover off the ball and he pops out.Pirates win despite playing terrible baseball.Hurdle's a genius and I'm an idiot!

Polanco has all the talent in the world but has the mental capacity of a 4 year old child. It's not even laziness, he is clinically a mentally deficient human being.

You almost have to feel bad for the guy.

what in the world is up with the Pittsburgh Pirates and their base running???
Gregory Polanco just gets picked off of 3rd base because he is to much of a superstar and doesn't feel the need to get his rear end back to the 3rd base bag in a timely fashion.
Then Gerrit Cole hits a groundball to 3rd and decides to literally slowly jog down the 1B line because he is to much of a superstar. WHAT IS GOING ON???
When did it become acceptable for a professional baseball player to not "hustle" while on the field?
The Pirates have been absolutely horrible at running the bases for the last 3 or 4 years and it cost their 3B coach his job and might I add deservingly so. They bring in Joey Cora to handle the job and the mistakes continue.
Time for someone to be held accountable and that someone is Clint Hurdle. If he can't get his players to work hard and finish each and every play, he needs to go.
I think that time has arrived.
What are you when you lollygag....you're a lollygagger.
You have to scratch your head at Polanco so many times.
He was a 5 tool can't miss prospect ....according to the Pirates.
One of the tools must have been a Drill or a Hammer.
And
He looks like a big giraffe dawdling around RF.

Those 2 plays on the base paths were so mindnumbingly stupid only these words come to mind....

"I can't believe what I just saw "

Oh well smart play and base running will get a boost on Tuesday when Marte returns. ....

Oh wait......

Hurdle needed to yank both players out of the game. That's what would happen in the 'old' days. Then the player would be made to apologize to the fans.

When you contrast that to Mike leake hustling his behind off on a hard grounder to ss you can see why the pirates struggle.
Exactly! Well said.

I guess that I am old school and think that these players need to spend some pine time when this happens. Hurdle needs to call them out by sitting their a$$ but he has no nads. He is not the only manager to do this but he is nothing more than a cheerleader.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
If you are a huge Phillies fan it is even worse...trust me. Sometimes I find myself watching Pirates games or another game just to escape.

The Phillies are on pace for 54 wins and definitely the worst baserunning team I have ever seen.

Reactions: paulbl99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT