ADVERTISEMENT

It's A Hockey Night In Pittsburgh !

Well gotta get ready for Game 7 ..... will any of Crosby, Rakell, Jarry, Dumoulin be back ?

Well I’d like to think he stops one or both. But whatever, I’m more so talking about the other night where just about every pundit that knows goalkeeping better than me said that Jarry l, and Desmith stops 2, if not 3 of those 2nd period goals.

he’s an AHL keeper who couldn’t make an nhl roster. There’s a reason for that. The team has to play a certain way to compensate for the fact that he can’t move side to side. That’s another thing Tochett said. The 5 in front of him have to work that much harder.
I mean Igor will win the Vezna this year and he’s surrender what , 15 goals in 3 games ?

expecting a dude who was an emergency stop to play lights out is bonkers

I mean Igor will win the Vezna this year and he’s surrender what , 15 goals in 3 games ?

expecting a dude who was an emergency stop to play lights out is bonkers
I never expected it. We’ve gotten more out of him than we could ask for. I was simply saying that Poker was right. He’s not an NHL goalie.

Discouraging but always remember this series loss is totally on the NHL and their terrible refs for condoning the Rangers filthy play. This is not a team, it’s a hospital unit. They played with tremendous heart.

I guess this should be expected when you are missing your starting center, winger, defenseman, and goalie. Still should’ve won tonight, though. Feeling pretty numb about game seven.

That Rodriguez penalty killed us.
Ultimately but it was a product of the NHL horrific officiating. They ignored a filthy hit on Roddy. You can only resist defending yourself so long. The only regret is that he didn’t really butcher the guy and end his series, or better, long lasting damage like Trouba’s goon job on Syd. The league need one of their favored sons to finally experience a costly loss.

Let’s be honest -
After the first period in the series -
I’d I told you we were going 7 we’d all sign up for it
I feel good about game 7. I don’t know why. I think we get 2-3 guys back (not Doumolin though). I said 2 games ago that Igor was going to have a say in this series, people here laughed, but it turned out to be true. Hopefully I’m right about Game 7 too.

This team gets shell shocked after letting in a goal. It's happened in 3 games, game 3, game 5, game 6. They recovered in game 3 and not in 5 and 6. They go to pieces after letting one in way too much and their PK is either great or terrible

I feel good about game 7. I don’t know why. I think we get 2-3 guys back (not Doumolin though). I said 2 games ago that Igor was going to have a say in this series, people here laughed, but it turned out to be true. Hopefully I’m right about Game 7 too.
If the ranger can win 3 consecutive games in the series , ya tip your hat to them .
It’s disappointing but considering the carnage to our lineup this series -
Sheesh

His pass to set up the two-man breakaway was unreal. Have to hand it to him, very impressive.

Ultimately but it was a product of the NHL horrific officiating. They ignored a filthy hit on Roddy. You can only resist defending yourself so long. The only regret is that he didn’t really butcher the guy and end his series, or better, long lasting damage like Trouba’s goon job on Syd. The league need one of their favored sons to finally experience a costly loss.
Rob Rossi said it best today. He said this is why the NHL is the #7 sport in the top 4 pro sports leagues.

and my feeling with the NHL is this. The hit on Crosby is a microcosm of the league. They allow curtain jerkers who have never sold one ticket to impact and change a series, instead of the best player in the playoffs.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
So yes they imploded with a 2-0 lead. @Fk_Pitt, what’s the toughest lead to hold? But I did count 4 missed Rangers penalties for boarding in the 2nd and 3rd period.
Domingue let them down with that go ahead. He knew it to, he cranked his stick off the post at the end of regulation.

The rangers are so easy to hate. If they go down, I wish Sullivan would sack up and green light the Rangers. This series is over if that turd doesn’t elbow Sid

Rob Rossi said it best today. He said this is why the NHL is the #7 sport in the top 4 pro sports leagues.

and my feeling with the NHL is this. The hit on Crosby is a microcosm of the league. They allow curtain jerkers who have never sold one ticket to impact and change a series, instead of the best player in the playoffs.
As Dejan always says
“Best sport , worst league “

Reactions: HailToPitt725
So yes they imploded with a 2-0 lead. @Fk_Pitt, what’s the toughest lead to hold? But I did count 4 missed Rangers penalties for boarding in the 2nd and 3rd period.
Domingue let them down with that go ahead. He knew it to, he cranked his stick off the post at the end of regulation.

The rangers are so easy to hate. If they go down, I wish Sullivan would sack up and green light the Rangers. This series is over if that turd doesn’t elbow Sid
Speaking of Sully, do they let him go if the Rags win on Sunday? Blowing a 3-1 lead to them was the downfall for Bylsma.

I feel like just because it was a tough loss it somehow seems to redeem the Rangers for the gooning. It can’t be forgotten. They purposefully put a hit on the best player in the game, and it was expressly because they couldn’t beat him or his line legitimately. That is flabbergasting. “It’s the game”. Hell it is. Tough play and fighting has it place, but keep the cement head sh*t among the enforcers. In no way can it be shrugged off.

The NHL is solely to blame for giving this series to the Rangers. No number of poor plays or lack of saves in any of the given games is more detrimental than the removal of Crosby from the last 1.5 games and almost surely the finale.

Reactions: DruidTM and Fk_Pitt

Great post. I heard someone say, actually it was Tocchet that if the Penguin players send a message to Trouba after he elbowed Jake, he doesn’t knock Sid out of the game. Of course Tocchet has this mindset. But as long as the NHL has this kind of stuff in the game, you gotta respond to the bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT