ADVERTISEMENT

It's A Hockey Night In Pittsburgh !

Great win but what legs will all the old pens have left in this series. Younger rangers should recover faster

Appreciate you tracking everything negative about Pittsburgh players, coaches and teams...
Lol. I jumped to the last page of this thread and saw your response here. My first thought was that you had to be responding to one and only one Pantherlair poster. And yep, it turned out to be him.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to go through life so miserable and only focusing on the negative.

Great win but what legs will all the old pens have left in this series. Younger rangers should recover faster
Yeah but my experience you lose a game like this, it takes a whole lot out of you. Look at the Pens/Flyers and Pens/Caps from years back.

Plus Shesterkin, he has to be exhausted.

Mike Lange was interviewed on the radio broadcast during first intermission... He correctly predicted the Rangers could not keep up the pace they had in first period...
It was definitely a night n day different game that 1st period vs the rest of the game. Credit to the Pens.

And I’m sure glad they one. Not just because I’m a Pens fan but the major roughing being scaled back to a minor didn’t sit well with me. I wonder what Rickell’s status is.

Reactions: goalieman
Yeah but my experience you lose a game like this, it takes a whole lot out of you. Look at the Pens/Flyers and Pens/Caps from years back.

Plus Shesterkin, he has to be exhausted.
Shesterkin exhausted……I figured that’s why the Pens kept throwing shot after shot at him as the game wore on, as opposed to the over-passing the Pens often do.

Of course, as I say that, you sure can’t fault the Pens passing on the 1st 3 goals.

I can't believe it. I am sorry, I am no longer a post during the game type of dude, both in Pitt FB or Pens. I want to watch and enjoy (agonize) and process.

So....you want to cap OT and go to a shoot out eh? Yeah, that thread aged well. Spectacular.

I thought that it was important to win 1 of the 2 games in NYC. Obviously, but especially consider the last 3 playoff years. But when it was in OT, I switched to this is as must win of a game as a series clincher. Because the Rangers played well, hell they got to the Pens 3rd string goalie and....as it went on and on....you felt if the Pens would lose, well it would be so deflating that the series would be short.

I am not guaranteeing a win in the series, but I do think now it is 6 or 7 games. And yes Shesterkin was phenomenal, as we seen in playoffs past, you can break down goalies.

One other thing and I have been consistent on this. On this board and especially with local hockey media, they have blamed the last few exits on the "bottom 6", the "bottom D pairing and Jack Johnson" , "Matt Murray" or "Tristan Jarry".

But if you go back and look at the numbers, 87, 71, 59 and 17 have been relatively anonymous. And for the Pens to win, they need their stars to be stars. And they came up big,

Reactions: USN_Panther
Owt's awards last night....exhausted this AM after spending the previous night in a hospital ER...so I was tired.

1) Watching these games completely sober makes things so much clearer. LOL.

2) Player of the game: I am going with Kris Letang. He was tremendous. Jake #2 but Letang was a very steadying force last night.

3) Unsung hero: Well I am giving it to Marino because he got run over and managed to play his best hockey game of the year.

4) The Oh, that's why we spent a 1st rd pick on you (twice) award. Kasperi Kapanen who played his best game of the year and was my pick to score in OT.

5) The Spicy Pork and Broccoli award. Louis Domingue, Who was so hungry and figured his night was a spectator, chowed down on some after the 1st OT.

6) The Passenger Award. Jeff Carter. Need more from Big Jeff Carter just has been too quiet.

Owt's awards last night....exhausted this AM after spending the previous night in a hospital ER...so I was tired.

2) Player of the game: I am going with Kris Letang. He was tremendous. Jake #2 but Letang was a very steadying force last night.

3) Unsung hero: Well I am giving it to Marino because he got run over and managed to play his best hockey game of the year.

4) The Oh, that's why we spent a 1st rd pick on you (twice) award. Kasperi Kapanen who played his best game of the year and was my pick to score in OT.

5) The Spicy Pork and Broccoli award. Louis Domingue, Who was so hungry and figured his night was a spectator, chowed down on some after the 1st OT.

6) The Passenger Award. Jeff Carter. Need more from Big Jeff Carter just has been too quiet.
Did hockey playoffs start yet? Lol.

Unbelievable stuff. Brought back so many great memories of Pens playoff runs of the past

Mike Lange was interviewed on the radio broadcast during first intermission... He correctly predicted the Rangers could not keep up the pace they had in first period...
I woke up this morning thinking the Pens lost. I even had a vision in my mind how it happened. Obviously I was dreaming. I didn’t know the Pens won until listening to the radio on my AM commute.
In any event, my first thought was to then find Lange’s call of the winning goal online. Then reality hit when I realized he’s retired. What a shame. Steve Mears on tv isn’t awful, but he is not good either.

I woke up this morning thinking the Pens lost. I even had a vision in my mind how it happened. Obviously I was dreaming. I didn’t know the Pens won until listening to the radio on my AM commute.
In any event, my first thought was to then find Lange’s call of the winning goal online. Then reality hit when I realized he’s retired. What a shame. Steve Mears on tv isn’t awful, but he is not good either.
Yeah his call on the winning goal was more relief that he could finally go to dinner/bed rather than euphoric. I can’t blame him for feeling that way, but it’s his job as homer announcer to be over the top nutso when the team wins in OT in a playoffs game.

Yeah and I realized just now my post was a little harsh. Mears biggest problem is that we compare him to the best who ever lived. Steigy too. But I like Steigy better than Mears also.
Yeah his call on the winning goal was more relief that he could finally go to dinner/bed rather than euphoric. I can’t blame him for feeling that way, but it’s his job as homer announcer to be over the top nutso when the team wins in OT in a playoffs game.

No disrespect to any of your picks but Rusty was everywhere last night. I thought he was the game's best player.

Love the in game posting.
Never fails!!
Good job guys.
BTW, every shot doesn't go in.
And the other team does score once in a while.
LOL
Thank you so much for the kind words ........ we will be here again Thursday so if you have the time I'd like to extend a most cordial invitation to you to stop by and join us ........ I think you would fit right in !!!!!! (hehe)

Last edited:
Yeah and I realized just now my post was a little harsh. Mears biggest problem is that we compare him to the best who ever lived. Steigy too. But I like Steigy better than Mears also.
I don’t mean to be critical either and I agree, the guy replacing Lange (Staggers was there with Lange already, so I didn’t really see him that way) is always going to suffer. I’m old enough (I know, I seem so young, right? Right?) to recall Milo Hamilton brought in to replace Bob Prince. I was about 12 so I have to say I actually preferred MH to BP (BP was rambling like my grandpa by then) but the regular fans seemed to overwhelmingly hate the guy, and he wasn’t here long. To me that seemed unjust, he was perfectly fine. But he wasn’t THE SAME.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT