ADVERTISEMENT

It's A Hockey Night In Pittsburgh !

No disrespect to any of your picks but Rusty was everywhere last night. I thought he was the game's best player.
As the game unfolded I kept telling myself that the Pens were consistently outplaying the Rangers. I kept expecting that to change but it never did. Many players played really well. But hail Louie Domingue. Our latest addition to a long line of playoff heroes.

As the game unfolded I kept telling myself that the Pens were consistently outplaying the Rangers. I kept expecting that to change but it never did. Many players played really well. But hail Louie Domingue. Our latest addition to a long line of playoff heroes.
True, though it likely won’t last with LD. The Pens should fake having a bird flu outbreak (since Covid is passe now, with Ukraine the new scapegoat for all country’s hideous problems). Just long enough so the series can be delayed sufficiently for Jarry or DeSmith to return.

Reactions: alsporsche
Just curious...does it mess up a team to go from shooting at a regular goalie to a full right goalie mid-game?

True, though it likely won’t last with LD. The Pens should fake having a bird flu outbreak (since Covid is passe now, with Ukraine the new scapegoat for all country’s hideous problems). Just long enough so the series can be delayed sufficiently for Jarry or DeSmith to return.
If the team can keep playing like they did last night we can ride Domingue for a while.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Just curious...does it mess up a team to go from shooting at a regular goalie to a full right goalie mid-game?
Well it's definitely a different look right? Especially come playoff time. Because the Rangers whole scouting was DeSmith. So not only did Domingue come in and blow up the scouting report, he also is a right handed catching glove. Only 7 goalies catch right handed in the NHL.

None of the guys are starters. In fact it is a real rarity now. Tom Barrasso was a right handed catching goalie but the numbers have declined over the years. It is like a left handed first baseman I guess.

Yeah and I realized just now my post was a little harsh. Mears biggest problem is that we compare him to the best who ever lived. Steigy too. But I like Steigy better than Mears also.
Steigy was awful. just plain awful.

Interesting game tonight. You would think it is a Must Win for the Rangers. Pens play almost better on the road vs at home. At home they try to entertain too much, on the road they just play their game.

I am sure they will try and play a tight game with Dominigue so it may work out to their favor.

Oh by the way, the Crosby line when on the ice, out chanced the opposition 32 to 2!!!! WOW.

Interesting game tonight. You would think it is a Must Win for the Rangers. Pens play almost better on the road vs at home. At home they try to entertain too much, on the road they just play their game.

I am sure they will try and play a tight game with Dominigue so it may work out to their favor.

Oh by the way, the Crosby line when on the ice, out chanced the opposition 32 to 2!!!! WOW.
They were so dominant
Crosby is ageless , it’s remarkable how hard he works every shift

Sorry for the ignorance but who the hell is our back-up goalie now ?
Haven't read/heard anything ...

That 32 to 2 figure is pretty unbelievable but Crosby's line was totally dominating in Game 1 ........ as far as the importance of the game tonight, I could be totally wrong but with our injuries especially to goalies, I think the Pens need to win Game 2 to end up winning the series .......

Rangers with typical playoff hockey hitting everything that moves . And cost them .

Rangers goal happened in first period because of a defensive breakdown by Pens in their own end and also the shot hit Crosby's stick blade and changed directions some ......... Domingue looked real good in first period, hope he can keep it up !

Power play goal by the Rangers on a deflection in the low slot .... Pens down 2-1 ...... was an uncalled for, bad cross check penalty by Marino.

Reactions: HOF Coach
As expected desperate hockey by NY down a game . Predict they pull something stupid soon ..

The penalty killing on that Rangers PP was awful. We lost every faceoff, couldn't get it out of our own end and players falling down. Surprised it took that long for the Rangers to score on it.

This game's over. Penguins can't get the damn puck out of their own end for long periods of time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT