ADVERTISEMENT

It's A Hockey Night In Pittsburgh !

Get rid of all of them, Letang, Matheson and Malkin. He looks so disinterested tonight, missing tap ins now smh. Yes the puck was not steady but that was an easy goal Geno whiffed on.

And just when we started to get momentum again we take another stupid penalty. Sullivan era was great for awhile, time for a new coach too. This loss if it happens would be an epic collapse.
Settle down , Beavis

Keys in that 3rd period ....... killed two penalties early in the period, timely saves by Domingue who shut them down in the 3rd period, as the period progressed we started to get the puck in deep more and more and had a really good forecheck like in the 1st period ........ everyone bought in, played smart including Geno !

Teddy was ready tonight!

Blueger is a legend. I have a mate in Minneapolis. His son wrote a letter to Blueger and they have been penpals for a while now. When the Pens played in Minnesota earlier in the year, Blueger set up for them to meet up. Blueger sent him a follow up letter a few days later. Really good guy!

I am so happy right now. I mean....wow. Playoff hockey. Wow. If you are me, a smart and astute hockey fan, you will understand the Pens are scratching to get healthy.

They are now up 2-1. Maybe Rackell comes back or Dumo. Maybe Jarry by end of series. They are not just buying time, they are taking this series.

The last 3 years, this team to me was unrecognizable in the playoffs. Just so little energy and emotion. THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!! Just laying it out there.

I am so effing happy right now. Let's go!

Blueger is a legend. I have a mate in Minneapolis. His son wrote a letter to Blueger and they have been penpals for a while now. When the Pens played in Minnesota earlier in the year, Blueger set up for them to meet up. Blueger sent him a follow up letter a few days later. Really good guy!
He’s been quite a revelation over the last 3 years. Excellent faceoff man and penalty killer. Thanks for sharing that story. Makes me like him even more. The pride of Latvia.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I am so happy right now. I mean....wow. Playoff hockey. Wow. If you are me, a smart and astute hockey fan, you will understand the Pens are scratching to get healthy.

They are now up 2-1. Maybe Rackell comes back or Dumo. Maybe Jarry by end of series. They are not just buying time, they are taking this series.

The last 3 years, this team to me was unrecognizable in the playoffs. Just so little energy and emotion. THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!! Just laying it out there.

I am so effing happy right now. Let's go!
They have been amazing. Dug deep to win that one today.

Get rid of all of them, Letang, Matheson and Malkin. He looks so disinterested tonight, missing tap ins now smh. Yes the puck was not steady but that was an easy goal Geno whiffed on.

And just when we started to get momentum again we take another stupid penalty. Sullivan era was great for awhile, time for a new coach too. This loss if it happens would be an epic collapse.

On the game winning goal (5th goal), a physical forecheck by Geno in the corner led to a turnover by the Rangers defenseman and Heinen retrieved the turned over puck and scored !
Same thing happened when Boyle stole the puck and set up Rodrigues for his second goal. Glad to see that they’ve matched the Rags’ intensity.

I mean you saw what the impact of Zucker had. Get Rackell back. Get Dumo back. Wow. Now you got these lines with dangerous players on every line. The Pens have yet to have this all year. Always someone has been hurt.
This is a very good point .
Not a surprise secondary scoring gets a boost after some talent gets infused

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Love when the Pens show a physical edge to their game. Zucker's hit was big. Malkin taking the body, and even tho he fell down it led to Heinen's GWG. Boyle's hit also set up a Rodriguez goal. Since we are not a big team, we need to pick and choose our spots, but, make no mistake, big hits can and often do lead to game changing plays and momentum. It may not embody what Sully wants from his team, but, it is the essence of playoff hockey. I hope we can keep it up while staying injury free.

Reactions: USN_Panther
The established Eastern teams (or should I say the Eastern teams everyone expects to fade away) Pens, Caps, Bruins, are not going to go away meekly.
I’d loooove to get a shot at the Bruins in the second round. I don’t believe we’ve ever beaten them in the Crosby/Malkin era. Have to win two more first, though…

I’d loooove to get a shot at the Bruins in the second round. I don’t believe we’ve ever beaten them in the Crosby/Malkin era. Have to win two more first, though…
We seem to struggle a lot against Boston. Honestly if we get past New York I'd rather play Carolina.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT