ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Warren - Yikes!

While I still think Kenny got a raw deal with the Steelers, there are enough data points to suggest that Kenny the Steeler may not have been who our blue and gold glasses thought he was.

I may not trust the Kaboly and PG writers entirely. But throw in Warren's comments, Dionte Johnson's comments (not the most reputable either, but it is a data point) and then add in the fact that Cam Heyward was anxious to bring in Russell Wilson (and Cam is one of the good guys in sports), you can surmise that Kenny had soured a lot of folks in the organization.

I'll always appreciate KP for what he did at Pitt. I'll root for him to succeed. But maybe, just maybe, it is better for both parties, the Steelers and KP, that he is gone.

While I still think Kenny got a raw deal with the Steelers, there are enough data points to suggest that Kenny the Steeler may not have been who our blue and gold glasses thought he was.

I may not trust the Kaboly and PG writers entirely. But throw in Warren's comments, Dionte Johnson's comments (not the most reputable either, but it is a data point) and then add in the fact that Cam Heyward was anxious to bring in Russell Wilson (and Cam is one of the good guys in sports), you can surmise that Kenny had soured a lot of folks in the organization.

I'll always appreciate KP for what he did at Pitt. I'll root for him to succeed. But maybe, just maybe, it is better for both parties, the Steelers and KP, that he is gone.
There just seems to be too much smoke here for all of this stuff to be fabricated. And really again, I don't know the impact, but many of us have been around the past 40 some years of Pitt football. The opportunity to have a BCS Bowl win over a Big 10 team and give us 12 wins and a top 10 finish would have been hugely beneficial for this school and rewarding to the fans. And he chose to sit it out. I know I know, NICK PATTI GOT HURT!!! But again, that would have been a huge boost for us all.

Yeah Im sure hes spent a lot of time in the QB room...........

Lets see how great the room is after the season. Russ hasnt exactly been a great teamate the past few years.

The funny thing was Pickett was mocked by the media for supposedly having great "moxie" and "leadership skills" instead of overwhelming physical traits.

So if Warren thinks Fields/Wilson will automatically produce better results than Pickett/Rudolph, well...

Reactions: FireballZ
There just seems to be too much smoke here for all of this stuff to be fabricated. And really again, I don't know the impact, but many of us have been around the past 40 some years of Pitt football. The opportunity to have a BCS Bowl win over a Big 10 team and give us 12 wins and a top 10 finish would have been hugely beneficial for this school and rewarding to the fans. And he chose to sit it out. I know I know, NICK PATTI GOT HURT!!! But again, that would have been a huge boost for us all.

I think the stuff that went down with Whip played a part in it also, but yeah I was hugely disappointed Pickett didn't play. Especially after investing the time/money going to the Peach Bowl.

12 wins and a top 10 finish would have been huge. But I could understand his point of view, Walker for MSU also chose to sit out that game. Truly the day that the "New Year 6" bowl games are meaningful narrative lost its meaning.

Pitt fans are trying really hard on this one.

conspiracy2-e1632845735125.jpg

Though I think at least part of it might be recognizing that 2021 might be it for this program in their lifetimes and wanting to hold onto part of that.

And we all know and we all are in agreement that without the extra covid year of eligibility, and the 11-3 season and the ACC Championship and more TD passes 42 than his 1st four years combined, and 4th place in the Heisman vote everyone here would have considered KP good for a 4th or 5th round pick and hope he could hang on somewhere as a 3rd stringer. you know it's true, He had the greatest year in Pitt QB history better than Marino, so he ended up highly overrated and it seemed to have caught up to him! Love him forever for the 2021 season.

Exactly (in regards to the smoke comment). But I'm not upset that he skipped the bowl game. I understand why he did it and while I don't like the concept that kids are skipping bowl games, it isn't my place to judge. There is a lot of $ riding on staying healthy. Perhaps the new NIL and paying of players will change things a bit to where they will be contractually obligated to play in those games with the schools maybe picking up some player insurance for them. That would be the best way to handle things.

Reactions: cbpitt2
And we all know and we all are in agreement that without the extra covid year of eligibility, and the 11-3 season and the ACC Championship and more TD passes 42 than his 1st four years combined, and 4th place in the Heisman vote everyone here would have considered KP good for a 4th or 5th round pick and hope he could hang on somewhere as a 3rd stringer. you know it's true, He had the greatest year in Pitt QB history better than Marino, so he ended up highly overrated and it seemed to have caught up to him! Love him forever for the 2021 season.
Look, I am not going to hold it against Kenny that he was not good here like other Yinzers. He was considered a bit of a reach in Rd 1, and QB's are always historically over drafted because you have to have a good one to win in this league. But let's face reality, the hit rate for even a 1st rd QB into become a quality starter let alone Pro Bowler is probably 10-15%. And this includes top 5 picks in that value. So at 20, it was far, far, far from a sure thing.

"But does he know that if Kenny had been drafted onto a team with 2-4 pro bowl linemen, a hall of fame receiver, a generational tight end, and a mad scientist at OC then he would have succeeded? I'm not saying he was good; I'm just saying it was everyone's fault except his."

- Pitt Fans
I’m not a crazy Pitt football fan so I don’t fit the bill…but why wouldn’t it? Sounds like a nothing burger to me.

Wow, and the 6th graders read better than the 3rd graders, astonishing.
^^this.

Why is the op newsworthy ? Even without context, which I’m sure is missing…isn’t it a given? Haters are trying too hard.

You cannot overlook the reality that Kenny was tied to Canada’s hip and saddled with his offense.
Wilson has the benefit of not having Canada at the coordinator and has not lost a game in Pittsburgh.
Show me a beautiful woman and I’ll show you a guy tired ..,

I agree but I've never seen a fan base cheer against one single player .. a 1st round QB!!! .. so much. I think it's insane to want players on your own team to perform poorly. The media chewed Kenny up and spit him out .. and they aren't done. They continue to walk all over him. He'll continue to be walked all over for a long, long time. There's nothing that happened that warrants anything close to this treatment.

maybe he did turn into a bad teammate. maybe players in the locker room were tired of him and the drama around him. I have a hard time blaming him for his attitude based on everything that happened .. and that's just based on what we know first hand. What we witnessed. This same organization tried pushing out Big Ben for how many years? they saddled a sure fire HOF QB, arguably a top 10 guy at the position ever, with garbage his final few years to push him out. Drafted a guard to play center to get him killed. They did 7 terribly wrong. They did Mitch terribly wrong. They did Mason terribly wrong. They did Kenny terribly wrong. They're a pathetic franchise. I'm embarrassed to be a fan with these other fans.

all is good tho .. apparently Omar Khan is the greatest GM of all time .. just out here scamming other people .. Steelers fans are delusional. This team stinks.

I agree but I've never seen a fan base cheer against one single player .. a 1st round QB!!! .. so much. I think it's insane to want players on your own team to perform poorly. The media chewed Kenny up and spit him out .. and they aren't done. They continue to walk all over him. He'll continue to be walked all over for a long, long time. There's nothing that happened that warrants anything close to this treatment.

maybe he did turn into a bad teammate. maybe players in the locker room were tired of him and the drama around him. I have a hard time blaming him for his attitude based on everything that happened .. and that's just based on what we know first hand. What we witnessed. This same organization tried pushing out Big Ben for how many years? they saddled a sure fire HOF QB, arguably a top 10 guy at the position ever, with garbage his final few years to push him out. Drafted a guard to play center to get him killed. They did 7 terribly wrong. They did Mitch terribly wrong. They did Mason terribly wrong. They did Kenny terribly wrong. They're a pathetic franchise. I'm embarrassed to be a fan with these other fans.

all is good tho .. apparently Omar Khan is the greatest GM of all time .. just out here scamming other people .. Steelers fans are delusional. This team stinks.

It started with Mr. Insider Dulac saying the Steelers shouldn't have drafted Pickett. Then saying Pickett looked bad in training camp and nowhere near ready to play (Picket proceeded to play great in the first pre-season game). And then there were the usual suspects that continued to pile on like Madden, Yohe, Benz, Adamski. Notice a common theme with this line-up? They are either nitters or notoriously vile towards Pitt. People complain about Pitt fans being petty, but I rarely hear any complaints on this board about the selection of Porter by the Steelers. Yet the supposedly professional media are the ones with the biggest vendetta.

I fully expect our resident know-it all from jtown to react with his famous laugh to this post

It started with Mr. Insider Dulac saying the Steelers shouldn't have drafted Pickett. Then saying Pickett looked bad in training camp and nowhere near ready to play (Picket proceeded to play great in the first pre-season game). And then there were the usual suspects that continued to pile on like Madden, Yohe, Benz, Adamski. Notice a common theme with this line-up? They are either nitters or notoriously vile towards Pitt. People complain about Pitt fans being petty, but I rarely hear any complaints on this board about the selection of Porter by the Steelers. Yet the supposedly professional media are the ones with the biggest vendetta.

I fully expect our resident know-it all from jtown to react with his famous laugh to this post

Muth is a major 2nd round let down and most Steeler fans are still optimistic about him. My hatred towards PSU doesn't get in the way of my fandom towards 88 and 24. I think 88 is overrated, but that has nothing to do with his alma mater and everything to do with his underwhelming career.

But hasn't Porter been a pretty good pick?

If there is anyone to complain about, it's Great Value Heath.

First off I don't believe Jaylan Warren has sat in on any QB meetings. While Kenny was not perfect I really put the fingerprints all over Thomas Tull he gave the story to Dulac about Kenny not wanting to sit out which was debunk he gave Dulac the info on Wilson only to leave out Tull and Wilson are business partners. This was a first class rate back stabbing on behalf of Tull and he worked long enough to convince Tomlin that Wilson was the better choice. Wilson is a fraud and I have lost so much respect for Cam Heyward as I told his agent his job is to play football not to be a personnel director. My understanding was Omar Kahn was not in favor of Wilson but Tomlin pushed it. Omar wanted to bring in Fields over Mason for some reason. I can't wait for it to blow up over Tomlin & Tull.

I think the stuff that went down with Whip played a part in it also, but yeah I was hugely disappointed Pickett didn't play. Especially after investing the time/money going to the Peach Bowl.

12 wins and a top 10 finish would have been huge. But I could understand his point of view, Walker for MSU also chose to sit out that game. Truly the day that the "New Year 6" bowl games are meaningful narrative lost its meaning.
Pickett was the first starting QB to sit out a NY6 game. You figure, it had to happen some time.

Not that weird when you consider the OP is a huge troll, amongst the other trolls/dimwits that won't let it go.
Ahhh. Ok. Thanks for the intel. Sometimes I can’t keep up on who is who here.

So the OP is a nothing burger as I suspected.

To expect a rookie QB to come in and lead the team is ridiculous. Of course it will be different that a seasoned veteran coming in. Wilson isn't coming in his first year having to do all the rookie BS in camp and then be put as backup behind trubisky as backup. Mitchell should have created the presence as QB1 veteran during his rookie year.

I've held out on making any comments on the whole issue with KP and the Steelers as I am sure there were probably some things each side contributed to the ending. This seems odd though as Tomlin and others made comments after his rookie year about how much they respected his work ethic, professionalism and leadership. Maybe Wilson has been better so far and that's all the comment should have been and not making it sound like KP was bad at it.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

Ummmmm....the Steelers didn't try pushing out Big Ben. That's pure fantasy.

Context matters. Does anyone have video/audio of the full quote? Warren may have just been trying to hype up his new teammates rather than speaking poorly about Pickett or maybe not. Either way, I'd like to hear it in context.

Context matters. Does anyone have video/audio of the full quote? Warren may have just been trying to hype up his new teammates rather than speaking poorly about Pickett or maybe not. Either way, I'd like to hear it in context.
I don't but it's on Cam Haywards podcast.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT