ADVERTISEMENT

Joke

They still won the championship without him. They are undefeated. Results on the field should matter. The best team on paper doesn’t always win. Tons of examples of that across all sports. Let them settle it by playing the game. Alabama already lost a game to one of the other playoff teams, no reason for them to be there.

Yea, Florida State wouldn’t have scored against Washington or Michigan. Florida State is good, but they’re not one of the 4 best teams in the Country. I’d put Georgia ahead of them too.

They are maybe the 20th best team without Travis. Come on.

Who beat them since he went down?

Alabama beat a 6-6 team on a Hail Mary last week, but I keep hearing FSU hasn't looked great since Travis went down.

FSU was three spots ahead of Texas yesterday and they beat a better team. But the spots flip by 5?

Lol, come on. This is all a TV think. F*cking joke.

The thing that's funny is how some people claim that the college football regular season is the most meaningful. In reality, it is as meaningless as the Detroit Pizza Bowl. A team can go 13-0 in a P5 conference and be left out to slurp SEC and Bama Azz, CFB is same as WWE. So, for like the 8th straight year, I won't be watching College Football WrestleMania

Hopefully the 12-team playoff can put deserving above beauty contest "best".

Who beat them since he went down?

Alabama beat a 6-6 team on a Hail Mary last week, but I keep hearing FSU hasn't looked great since Travis went down.

FSU was three spots ahead of Texas yesterday and they beat a better team. But the spots flip by 5?

Lol, come on. This is all a TV think. F*cking joke.

Florida sucks and so does Louisville. Wr beat Louisville and coulda beat FSU (though they were missing 2 WRs). FSU cant have injuries on offense or they are a 7-5 SEC team

It is going to be objectively hilarious when FSU, after defeating Georgia in the Orange Bowl, claims a national championship as the lone remaining undefeated team after dogging UCF for doing the same thing in 2017.

I am disappointed for ACC but it is good for college football for this reason. You need to reward Texas for playing at Bama in September. You don’t punish Bama for losing to a playoff team in September. This will encourage the big boys to still schedule those good matchups early on. Do we really want to watch Bama UAB or Bama Texas early on?

They still won the championship without him. They are undefeated. Results on the field should matter. The best team on paper doesn’t always win. Tons of examples of that across all sports. Let them settle it by playing the game. Alabama already lost a game to one of the other playoff teams, no reason for them to be there.

But would lose to all the other 5 teams without Travis

They are maybe the 20th best team without Travis. Come on.
yes, because you say so....team gave up a total of 21 points in their last two games in a rivalry game and a conference championship and they lost out to a team who got there on the heels of a fluke win against a lousy Auburn team. Backup qb for fsu would have had a month to be brought up to speed......bullshit.

Last edited:
The thing that's funny is how some people claim that the college football regular season is the most meaningful. In reality, it is as meaningless as the Detroit Pizza Bowl. A team can go 13-0 in a P5 conference and be left out to slurp SEC and Bama Azz, CFB is same as WWE. So, for like the 8th straight year, I won't be watching College Football WrestleMania

Why didn’t you watch it last year?

FSU is tough because they did go undefeated as a P5 champion.

At the same time they didn’t exactly look great with Travis this year.

And without him they don’t look like they can play within 2 TDs of any playoff contender except for maybe Michigan since Michigan’s style of play artificially keeps games close.

Oh well. This all goes away next year anyway.

Florida sucks and so does Louisville. Wr beat Louisville and coulda beat FSU (though they were missing 2 WRs). FSU cant have injuries on offense or they are a 7-5 SEC team

Sure, when all you do is cherry pick facts. Rodemaker played ONE game. It was his week one. How did Alabama look the first few weeks when they were still getting their qb situation figured out?

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
FBS College football is no more legitimate than pro wrestling. It's a soap opera more than a sport. Enjoy the show, but the championships are not decided on the field. They are decided by the booker.

FSU is tough because they did go undefeated as a P5 champion.

At the same time they didn’t exactly look great with Travis this year.

And without him they don’t look like they can play within 2 TDs of any playoff contender except for maybe Michigan since Michigan’s style of play artificially keeps games close.

Oh well. This all goes away next year anyway.
FSU looks bad but Alabama scraped by Auburn and South Florida this year and didn't look too hot agaisnt Texas A & M either. This isn't some juggernaut. They beat Georgia (who had a total cakewalk schedule and barely beat GT) and that makes up for looking mediocre all year I guess.

The object is the best 4 teams. FSU with Travis is obviously one of them. FSU with their 3rd string QB isn’t even close. That’s not even debatable. A 1 loss SEC champ has to make it, that’s a no brainer. Even with that killer loss yesterday UGA is a better team than any of the 4 that made it. But they had to beat Bama for obvious reasons.

PISS ON FSU. They are the biggest crybabies in college football and I have no sympathy for them.

I guess they need another 20 million dollars to make the playoffs!

F Them!

And u think the National Fix League is better???? It's all entertainment and big $$$$ ruined it.

Reactions: bschulter
FSU won a P5 Championship with their 3rd string QB and went undefeated. That should have earned them a spot. They would have had their regular back up QB in the lineup for the next game.

blow it up. Leaving FSU out is inexcusable.
Absolutely. If an undefeated SEC or Big Ten team won their Championship game but their QBs were hurt, Herbie would be dripping goo saying how it would be a travesty to leave those teams out. Alabama got in based on historic reputation. If Auburn wasn’t the stupidest defense in college football Alabama isn’t even being discussed.

Absolutely. If an undefeated SEC or Big Ten team won their Championship game but their QBs were hurt, Herbie would be dripping goo saying how it would be a travesty to leave those teams out. Alabama got in based on historic reputation. If Auburn wasn’t the stupidest defense in college football Alabama isn’t even being discussed.
True; every word

Defense wins games
against good teams, not without good offense.

Every one of the 4 CFP teams averaged over 36/game this year. So did FSU til Travis went down. Last night, they had to play their Tailback at QB for half the game just to score one offensive TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT