ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Kenny is not the answer

There is a lot of all 22 footage on Twitter. Guys were open a lot Sunday. I think that’s why the sentiment has turned the last couple weeks

(Canada is still not the guy for the job, but the last few weeks have been better. The team is running the ball well, and guys are running free in the secondary)

Yep. Give him another year; don't give him another year... I don't even care at this point. But it sure feels like a countdown to the inevitable. For a guy who is already limited in what his ceiling can be in this league to not even do the 101 things right... I mean, come on. Pickett gave us a great season at Pitt, but it's not wrong to want a guy who can give the Steelers great seasons.

Yep. Give him another year; don't give him another year... I don't even care at this point. But it sure feels like a countdown to the inevitable. For a guy who is already limited in what his ceiling can be in this league to not even do the 101 things right... I mean, come on. Pickett gave us a great season at Pitt, but it's not wrong to want a guy who can give the Steelers great seasons.
Yeah. I mean Kenny is a smart guy and a hard worker. I think the game will slow down some for him eventually, and he'll begin to make more plays. I just don't think his ceiling is that high.

I'll be happy if he proves me wrong. But I think at this point, the hope is Kenny keeps progressing, and makes a nice bridge guy until the Steelers have their opportunity to land someone a lot better.

I don’t buy into a lot of those made up stats - especially the TD % type metrics since the offense is bad.

But man, the on target % concerns me. That’s the one where I expected him to be good and use as a foundation

It’s like what orlovsky said, they don’t run an offense, they just run plays. And Kenny’s coach was just on the radio this AM and he will never sell Canada under the bus, but he essentially said without saying it …this is the NFL and early in games teams were throwing stuff at the Steelers and there was no plan B, nothing to adjust to, no answer.

Now, a good experienced QB might be able to overcome that in spite of his OC, but Kenny isn’t there yet. He needs an OC who knows how to make an adjustment when a team throws different looks at you. Heck even an experienced Ben couldn’t execute with the zero experienced OC.

Kenny may never be a great QB but I suspect we’ve seen the worst of him. I still don’t expect much this year. Horrible decision by the Steelers to not make this move last year.

Reactions: pittbb80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT