ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA seeds/brackets

Cole in a pretty good spot at the #6. Would be on collision course with Seabass in the quarters who injury defaulted out at Big Tens. Also on opposite side of Lee who has been by far the top guy in weight class

Cole in a pretty good spot at the #6. Would be on collision course with Seabass in the quarters who injury defaulted out at Big Tens. Also on opposite side of Lee who has been by far the top guy in weight class
Lee is the only guy that I can't see Cole beating, if the Eierman rumor from the other thread is true.

Cleary (20th) with a winnable first round match against Justin Thomas

Not liking Wentzels spot but he did deserve the ten seed. Has Kharchla potentially second round

Reactions: Silkky1982
After seeing the brackets, we are getting 3 all-Americans(nino,Cole, Mickey) I’m definitely not counting wentzel out but he’s got an extremely tough road and for some reason I think micky gets what he’s been working for. What are your guys thoughts for Pitt?

Nino the 5th has a decent path. Preferred if he was on the bottom half but welcome a rematch with Brucki
I'd agree with decent. R1 Davison from NW, not the good one. R2 Tanner Sloan is really good, and I don't love the Hoffman matchup either for a couple situational reasons. Jake Woodley beat Brucki in SV at the MSU Open this year so I'd give them an even chance to come out of that quad and face Nino.

After seeing the brackets, we are getting 3 all-Americans(nino,Cole, Mickey) I’m definitely not counting wentzel out but he’s got an extremely tough road and for some reason I think micky gets what he’s been working for. What are your guys thoughts for Pitt?

Don't love mickeys draw Desanto is just a bad matchup and probably not enough offense to get through the backside probably DNP again

Cole looks like he has a decent shot to AA Chad Red hasn't been great this year and Rivera and Eierman both injury defaulted out of BigvTens so

Winnable 1st round match for clearly but probably DNP

Wentzel would have to beat Karchla and OToole who is a lot better then last year when Jake beat him in the tournament tough draw and also the same issue as Mickey the lack of offense probably kills him on the backside DNP

Harvey DNP

Nino I like Ninos draw they way he is wrestling. Hoffman is solid and so is either Woodley or Brucki but Nino can beat all of those guys AA

So I'll go with two All Americans

The seeds seem appropriate for how each wrestled this year. Absolutely hate a second round match with Desanto, just not a good matchup for Micky.
Hopeful they are all peaking at the right time to win some good matches.

Reactions: lucac
Honestly, I think Micky is likely headed for a blood round rematch against Lucas Byrd. Hard to beat a good wrestler 3 times in a row so hopefully Micky can get this one. Olivieri and Hudkins are the top guys that he could run into beforehand, provided that the tops seeds don't get upset.

Cole really does have a nice setup. Most of the guys he has lost to are in the top half, and getting a less than 100% Rivera is ideal. Even if he doesn't get past Rivera, his blood round match wouldn't be terribly hard to overcome. I think Cole gets to the podium

Jake really does have a tough road. He MUST beat Karchla. He can, and maybe he even should win that match, but AA status will hinge on it. Lose and he will probably see Valencia again, which is a bad stylistic matchup for Jake.

174 is STACKED. Nearly as stacked as 165. So deep

Nino got a great draw for sure. I think he will make the semis. I think that potential matchup of Max Dean vs Nino will be an incredible match. I want to see that one BAD, and I think Nino can beat him. Dean is better overall right now, but I think Nino beats him 3 or 4 out of 10 times

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT