ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Fan Fight thread

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Figured we needed one thread to keep track of all these entertaining fights. Cowboys and Chargers fans really went at it. The NFL really needs to do something. I dont think they can continue to allow opposing fans to sit together. They should have their own section and entrance like in Europe.

i honestly dont think i'd go to an away steeler game wearing a steeler jersey or any steeler gear. if i did, i'd go with a few friends, leave wife and kids at home..

just not worth it. i told this story a million times but i went about 15 years ago to a ravens game wearing a steeler jersey, meaningless last game of season and damn near got in a fight before i even got completely out of my car, no exaggeration. didnt even have my door closed yet and got hit in face with a snowball with 5 guys telling me to go F myself.

Im like "yo fellas, can i at least get out of the car first?"

actually unless tickets are free, i dont think i'd go to a steeler (or pitt) home game either but for different reasons..

Reactions: Tucker99 and 303vND
i honestly dont think i'd go to an away steeler game wearing a steeler jersey or any steeler gear. if i did, i'd go with a few friends, leave wife and kids at home..

just not worth it. i told this story a million times but i went about 15 years ago to a ravens game wearing a steeler jersey, meaningless last game of season and damn near got in a fight before i even got completely out of my car, no exaggeration. didnt even have my door closed yet and got hit in face with a snowball with 5 guys telling me to go F myself.

actually unless tickets are free, i dont think i'd go to a steeler (or pitt) home game either but for different reasons..

And yet at 2 straight Pitt/WVU games, there were really no issues.....and that's with drunk students. I dont get why these 30-40 year old NFL fans need to fight each other.

And yet at 2 straight Pitt/WVU games, there were really no issues.....and that's with drunk students. I dont get why these 30-40 year old NFL fans need to fight each other.
it's pathetic in every sense of the word. It truly is. and most of these videos, it's full grown adults. not 19 year old adults but old guys, like you... ok, like you and me.

i've been drunk as hell at a sporting event, just blaming alcohol is too simplistic. i've drank 15 beers before a game, went in and saw opposing fans and didnt want to punch them in the face.

Reactions: pitt_134

I had 2 situations with Ravens fans and neither one was at a game. The first one was at the Sheetz in Breezewood. No joke and I know there are many to be had. I’m walking into the Sheetz on a Sunday night on my way home to Alexandria, VA and my gf and I at the time had on Steeler shirts and this idiot in a Ravens jersey starts running his mouth. A brief exchange of words happened and that was it. The second one was in Annapolis the night before Pitt’s bowl game and some Ravens clown once again starts running his mouth about the Steelers even though we are all in Pitt gear heading into a restaurant to eat. Once again a brief exchange of words happened and that was it. But make no mistake about it those Jagoffs hate the Steelers.

I had 2 situations with Ravens fans and neither one was at a game. The first one was in the Sheetz in Breezewood. No joke and I know there are many to be had. I’m walking into the Sheetz on a Sunday night on my way home to Alexandria, VA and my gf and I at the time had on Steeler shirts and this idiot in a Ravens jersey starts running in his mouth. A brief exchange of words happened and that was it. The second one was in Annapolis the night before Pitt’s bowl game and some Ravens clown once again starts running his mouth about the Steelers even though we are all in Pitt gear heading into a restaurant to eat. Once again a brief exchange of words happened and that was it. But make no mistake about it those Jagoffs hate the Steelers.
if you got into a fight at the sheetz in breezewood, you'd be a legend.

i actually have been to that damn sheetz countless times, i used to live in Frederick MD. that was the 1/2 way point cause i hated going rt 68.

went to use the restroom in there one time and i havent been the same since. a little piece of my soul died when i walked into that bathroom.

Figured we needed one thread to keep track of all these entertaining fights. Cowboys and Chargers fans really went at it. The NFL really needs to do something. I dont think they can continue to allow opposing fans to sit together. They should have their own section and entrance like in Europe.

The first part needs some Benny Hill music.

And continuing to blast an unconscious person in the head should result in mandatory jail time.

I had 2 situations with Ravens fans and neither one was at a game. The first one was at the Sheetz in Breezewood. No joke and I know there are many to be had. I’m walking into the Sheetz on a Sunday night on my way home to Alexandria, VA and my gf and I at the time had on Steeler shirts and this idiot in a Ravens jersey starts running his mouth. A brief exchange of words happened and that was it. The second one was in Annapolis the night before Pitt’s bowl game and some Ravens clown once again starts running his mouth about the Steelers even though we are all in Pitt gear heading into a restaurant to eat. Once again a brief exchange of words happened and that was it. But make no mistake about it those Jagoffs hate the Steelers.

Dang, Sheetz is fightin' territory. I almost had a little scuffle in a Sheetz on the way home from the Tennessee game. You should have dished out an MTOKO and read him his last rites: In the name of the Chief, Art Rooney II, and Steeler Nation!

At the Ravens game, there was a Ravens fan in costume having a great time yelling first down almost the entire game. In the end we got the win, but almost everyone around him thought it was pretty funny and gave him props for being an awesome fan or got a picture with him. You should be able to go to a game and have a good time no matter who you are rooting for. I've seen a couple of verbal altercations in 30+ years of going to games, but never a fight, so seeing the fight videos is always disappointing people can't handle themselves at a game.

Reactions: andypappas

I've been to 6 Steelers games in Baltimore and one in Tennessee wearing Steelers gear, never had any problems. Once, in the late 90s after the Steelers beat the Ravens, a Baltimore fan said, at least we have the Orioles, Pirates suck, and I with my great wit replied, "So what? Baseball sucks, and so does Cal Ripken!" and started laughing hysterically! That was bordering on some anger by the Baltimore fans, but no fight happened, but definitely a proud moment and great memory for me :)

Last time I went to an away Steelers game was 2012, if I ever go again, I'll still wear gear, I'm not scared, even at 64, F'em if they can't take a joke :)

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Dang, Sheetz is fightin' territory. I almost had a little scuffle in a Sheetz on the way home from the Tennessee game. You should have dished out an MTOKO and read him his last rites: In the name of the Chief, Art Rooney II, and Steeler Nation!
Jeff Reed got into a famous fight with a towel dispenser at the Sheetz in New Alex.

Reactions: pittdan77
I've been to over 70 NFL games in 4 different cities over 40 years, and another 9 CFL games when Baltimore had a team and one USFL game in Pittsburgh. I can only remember seeing 3 fights total in person, so I personally think you're a scared weak ass who is using anecdotal evidence to scare yourself even more, when there's really no danger in attending a pro football game.

Last edited:
You're seriously exaggerating, maybe it's you? Maybe it's how you react? I live in Baltimore County Maryland probably a 15-minute drive to Ravens Stadium. I've lived in this area 30 years, been a Steelers fan 50 years. I wear Steelers gear all the time, everywhere, especially during the season, especially on Sundays. I've never had any really bad encounters, often someone will say, oh no a Steelers fan, I usually reply, "somebody has to do it" and they just laugh, often we have a nice conversation. I was at the gym last week, a guy says to me how the Ravens really blew that game against the Steelers, I replied, "they sure did, dropping all those TD passes, but I liked it, I'm a Steelers fan" and he laughed, and we had a polite conversation. Most people are ok.

Been to many away Steelers games and always wear my black and gold. I also don't drink too much and keep my cheering to a low tone. Most fans are not looking for a fight and you can pick out the drunks easily.

Reactions: Pitt79
Been to many away Steelers games and always wear my black and gold. I also don't drink too much and keep my cheering to a low tone. Most fans are not looking for a fight and you can pick out the drunks easily.
Most fans are pretty friendly in my experience, at Steelers games in Pittsburgh I've often found it fun and interesting talking to the visiting fans and it's usually pretty friendly.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Jeff Reed was attacked by a paper towel dispenser at sheetz. Fortunately he was able to defend himself.

At the Pitt/WF ACC Championship game we were sitting in the Pitt section and a group of WF fans come in after the first quarter and sat in what didn't appear to be their seats. It was about 6-8 young guys, college age, but didn't seem to be college material by appearance. Anyway they started mouthing off and taunting all the Pitt fans at every good play for WF. I get clapping and cheering for a good play but they choose to turn toward Pitt fans and make comments and puff out their chests. Eventually at halftime they left and I assume went back to the other side of the stadium but it is that type of behavior that leads to things getting out of hand. Its just a game not some gang protecting their territory. Its that thug mentality which drives this and is exacerbated with liquid courage.

You're seriously exaggerating, maybe it's you? Maybe it's how you react? I live in Baltimore County Maryland probably a 15-minute drive to Ravens Stadium. I've lived in this area 30 years, been a Steelers fan 50 years. I wear Steelers gear all the time, everywhere, especially during the season, especially on Sundays. I've never had any really bad encounters, often someone will say, oh no a Steelers fan, I usually reply, "somebody has to do it" and they just laugh, often we have a nice conversation. I was at the gym last week, a guy says to me how the Ravens really blew that game against the Steelers, I replied, "they sure did, dropping all those TD passes, but I liked it, I'm a Steelers fan" and he laughed, and we had a polite conversation. Most people are ok.
How I react? I could care less if someone is wearing a Ravens jersey or not. I wasn’t the instigator. Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.

Reactions: FireballZ
How I react? I could care less if someone is wearing a Ravens jersey or not. I wasn’t the instigator. Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.
You're the one with no comprehension, how do you react when someone says something to you about being a fan? Are you defensive? Or good natured about it? Personally, I've had ZERO bad experiences with Ravens fans, and I live almost in Baltimore.

At some our HS band competitions in Colorado, I've experienced some of the opposing schools talk smack to our school. No fisticuffs but thought it was odd that the bands would get into it in that way. Guess it happens in every type of competitive environment

There are aholes out there looking to start stuff - there’s no doubt. But for the most part the rule of play stupid games win stupid prizes applies.

it's pathetic in every sense of the word. It truly is. and most of these videos, it's full grown adults. not 19 year old adults but old guys, like you... ok, like you and me.

i've been drunk as hell at a sporting event, just blaming alcohol is too simplistic. i've drank 15 beers before a game, went in and saw opposing fans and didnt want to punch them in the face.
If I drank 15 beers I wouldn't want to mess with anyone either.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I've been to over 70 NFL games in 4 different cities over 40 years, and another 9 CFL games when Baltimore had a team and one USFL game in Pittsburgh. I can only remember seeing 3 fights total in person, so I personally think you're a scared weak ass who is using anecdotal evidence to scare yourself even more, when there's really no danger in attending a pro football game.
This^^^^^^

I've been to 6 Steelers games in Baltimore and one in Tennessee wearing Steelers gear, never had any problems. Once, in the late 90s after the Steelers beat the Ravens, a Baltimore fan said, at least we have the Orioles, Pirates suck, and I with my great wit replied, "So what? Baseball sucks, and so does Cal Ripken!" and started laughing hysterically! That was bordering on some anger by the Baltimore fans, but no fight happened, but definitely a proud moment and great memory for me :)

Last time I went to an away Steelers game was 2012, if I ever go again, I'll still wear gear, I'm not scared, even at 64, F'em if they can't take a joke :)
I agree completely. I go to at least one Pitt and/or one Steelers away game a year. I have probably been to 30 away games in the last 20 years and not once have I ever been close to being in a fight. Some name calling and, god forbid, the occasional cuss word thrown my way is the worst that has happened anywhere (including WVU where I've been about 5 times). It is real simple, don't engage with someone looking for an argument or fight. Simply walk away.

I agree completely. I go to at least one Pitt and/or one Steelers away game a year. I have probably been to 30 away games in the last 20 years and not once have I ever been close to being in a fight. Some name calling and, god forbid, the occasional cuss word thrown my way is the worst that has happened anywhere (including WVU where I've been about 5 times). It is real simple, don't engage with someone looking for an argument or fight. Simply walk away.
Exactly, for every A-hole looking for trouble there are 100 opposing fans you can have a nice, friendly conversation with, that has been my experience anyways.

Exactly, for every A-hole looking for trouble there are 100 opposing fans you can have a nice, friendly conversation with, that has been my experience anyways.
Exactly, I actually prefer going to away games. It is an excuse to visit somewhere and I enjoy talking with the opposing teams fans. Last year I went to Louisville and this year I went to WVU and will be in South Bend next week.

I will say, depending on how much of a weak ass any person might be, you will likely hear the F-word, so don't go if that hurts you. :)
Lolol
Never had any issues home or away. There are very 750k fans every weekend doesn't seem like a widespread issue

Lolol
Never had any issues home or away. There are very 750k fans every weekend doesn't seem like a widespread issue

Not a widespread issue? There's 0 in college football. 0 in European soccer. And just isolated ones in the other American sports. There has been 1 death this season and there will be more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT