ADVERTISEMENT

No 12 team CFP?

And it’s also something the SEC would be absolutely terrified of.
Forcing cold weather games on the southern blue bloods would be awesome, up until now, under the bowl systems and playoffs and BCS, it's always been like home games for them, shorter travel, weather they are used to, even championship games in their home states or even cities.

Forcing cold weather games on the southern blue bloods would be awesome, up until now, under the bowl systems and playoffs and BCS, it's always been like home games for them, shorter travel, weather they are used to, even championship games in their home states or even cities.
Agree. The alliance could become a formidable obstacle to the SEC’s plot to run amok over CFB.

No wonder they were trying to railroad the 12 team CFP through ASAP once they knew they had TX and OU in their pocket?

When/if Tennessee makes it up to HF to play Pitt here next year, they will be the first SEC team to play at Pitt since the SEC was formed in 1933. So it will have only taken them 89 years to have a current conference member play at Pitt. 😏

why does everyone hate 8? it's such a nice rounded number. extremely easy for a tourney, 12 is a mess, you have byes and all kind of nonsense. skipping over 8 is mind boggling.

can we just go to 8, can we go to the next logical step and not over think this. please? for me. why do you guys do this to me. it's 8, 4 then 8.
I like 8 because then nobody gets a bye. JMO, but I don’t like the idea of higher seeds gaining a HUGE advantage in such a physical sport as football through getting a bye.

The man just said 2 months ago it made sense, but it doesn't now due to the unstable nature of the current environment, so to say he "never" would, doesn't make sense to me.

I think he and others want more say. It may not come down to 12 being the right number, or it may. They have 4 years to figure that out. But I'd bet if Gee is still around in 4 years, and it's time to renew the CFP TV deal, and the number is 12 (or insert whatever) after everyone had input and a say and more time to review, he would vote to expand.

Curious, what is your thought on why it would serve WVU's best interest to not expand past the current 4 members? Is it the hope that it forces ND to join the ACC and they bring WVU along?

WVU is not coming to the ACC NEVER

WVU is not coming to the ACC NEVER
didnt you see that podcast of the wvu fan in a car saying he has an inside source that it's an already done deal? Come on man, that guy has sources, he said so himself.

find me one guy online that claims to have inside sources and be so sure about conference expansion like him who and end up being wrong. it's never happened before.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT