ADVERTISEMENT

Officiating This Tournament

It sure seems like they’ve made a concerted effort to let these guys play and get away with a lot of physicality. Some of these games are reminiscent of the 1990’s NBA.
I liked it.

Speaking of our games only, it did not get out of hand. We may have lost some physical battles, but I ever felt the refs were allowing opponents to bully us.

(There was a play today where they pushed Hinson (who had position) completely to the ground and out of bounds) that resulted in an easy fastbreak layup against us.)

I liked it.

Speaking of our games only, it did not get out of hand. We may have lost some physical battles, but I ever felt the refs were allowing opponents to bully us.

(There was a play today where they pushed Hinson (who had position) completely to the ground and out of bounds) that resulted in an easy fastbreak layup against us.)
It was a general observation overall and not even really related to our games. I’m fine with it as long as they are consistent.

It sure seems like they’ve made a concerted effort to let these guys play and get away with a lot of physicality. Some of these games are reminiscent of the 1990’s NBA.
I'm still not thrilled with the emphasis on calling the offensive fouls but at minimum it's been called consistently throughout.

Very inconsistent this tourney. Fouls aren’t the same on both ends of the court and it seems to change throughout the game of who “gets” the calls.

Holy shit is the offensive foul stuff out of control. The NBA adapted to the changing athlete to essentially take charges out of the game. The NCAA needs to follow suit
I hate it. I can live with the calls where the guy is set. But the plays where the defender is moving with dribble penetration and sticks his chest into the offensive player to get the charge is awful. Seen it way too much this tournament.

I hate it. I can live with the calls where the guy is set. But the plays where the defender is moving with dribble penetration and sticks his chest into the offensive player to get the charge is awful. Seen it way too much this tournament.
I don’t even want the first one because if you took it out of the game people would stop doing the second

Reactions: PittMan2003
Holy shit is the offensive foul stuff out of control. The NBA adapted to the changing athlete to essentially take charges out of the game. The NCAA needs to follow suit

I keep saying, stop allowing off ball defenders to draw charges. Or if you prefer, extend the four foot arc out to, say, 50 feet. Make off ball defenders play defense rather than try to draw charges.

Won't solve all the problems, but it's something easy to do that fixes a lot of it.

I keep saying, stop allowing off ball defenders to draw charges. Or if you prefer, extend the four foot arc out to, say, 50 feet. Make off ball defenders play defense rather than try to draw charges.

Won't solve all the problems, but it's something easy to do that fixes a lot of it.
They tried to emphasize that one year and then within like 3 weeks of games officials just went back to calling it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT