ADVERTISEMENT

OK, I will say it. Saquon Barkley is the most overrated player

I stand on what I posted, cause it is pretty freakin obvious.

Not going to get into a back and forth with people who can't get past PSU.

Time will tell.

which is it, freakin' obvious or time will tell? if it is freakin obvious we do not need time to tell.

Dude what in the hell are you talking about with this “over 100 yards” shit? You remind me of those PSU fans last year that would add in his return yards when comparing him to other backs that didn't return kicks. Cut the crap.

He’s a good back now and probably will be for a long time, but that’s it. There were people on this board last year saying he would revolutionize the position and be the best back of all time, they know who they are and that just isn’t happening.

If he was returning kicks in the NFL maybe he would be special but that’s not happening. He’s somewhere between Reggie Bush and Christian McCaffery, which is good but hardly transcendent.

Get off his jock and let the guys career play out, you’re probably going to be slightly disappointed.
There might have been some saying that, but far more were saying he would suck and be out of the league before a 2nd contract. His floor is extremely high. At worst, he will be Theo Riddick and at best he could be one of the best RBs in the league. I wouldn't have taken him #2, but, barring injury, he is going to be a very productive NFL player for a long time, with a chance to be special.

The same people who said he sucked last year called Miles Sanders a bust, too. Now they use his success as an example Barkley sucks.

Barkley is as fast/shifty as any college RB ever. However, he's not a smart RB because he tries to get 60 every play instead of taking 3-4 yards

-Reggie Bush ran a 4.33 40 and averaged 9 yards per carry in college his junior season. Bush's average is almost double Barkley's college run per carry. Your post is ridiculous. Barkley's junior season he only put up 1200 yards rushing. He's an NFL player now.

-For reference, Barry Sanders put up 1500 yards and 5.3 yards per carry his first season in the NFL. That was in 15 games total. Barkley's stats are junk when comparing to superior players. If that makes him overrated, so be it. Play better.

Please. So many posters here were harping on him because he played for PSU. Now, since it's looking like he might be pretty good, the conversation is changing from "He is going to be a bust" to "he is an average RB" to "He isn't going to be the best RB of all time".

I started this thread and I think I said by no means that I mean he sucks. I just mean I am not saying he is going to be a HOF running back like Franco or Dorsett. Maybe he will be, but people are acting like he is the best RB prospect of all time. My god. How have they forgotten about others before.

And some Nitter nailed me on twitter, with a "what would a Pitt fan know about great RB's?" Gee......I dunno. I believe there were some "decent" RB's who went through here.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Please. So many posters here were harping on him because he played for PSU. Now, since it's looking like he might be pretty good, the conversation is changing from "He is going to be a bust" to "he is an average RB" to "He isn't going to be the best RB of all time".
seem to think the theme of the original post was "most overrated" take out "most" (which was ambiguous and somewhat ridiculous) and then debate...One would think that the 2nd overall pick with all the hype about lightning bolts shooting out of this kid's azz (not from 72 yards per at this point) was not because he might be "pretty good" it was because he would come into the league and be very near the top of rushers rushing yards and be something "special"...He will be 7th after Conner passes him up tonight.. Shady McCoy finished 4th last year and no one gave it a second thought. Should he finish 7th at the end of the year...Overrated?

I started this thread and I think I said by no means that I mean he sucks. I just mean I am not saying he is going to be a HOF running back like Franco or Dorsett. Maybe he will be, but people are acting like he is the best RB prospect of all time. My god. How have they forgotten about others before.

And some Nitter nailed me on twitter, with a "what would a Pitt fan know about great RB's?" Gee......I dunno. I believe there were some "decent" RB's who went through here.
"And some Nitter nailed me on twitter, with a "what would a Pitt fan know about great RB's?" Gee......I dunno. I believe there were some "decent" RB's who went through here." If shady can get healthy in a couple years they will have to go down the all time NFL rushing list past three Panthers before they get to a Nitter...

seem to think the theme of the original post was "most overrated" take out "most" (which was ambiguous and somewhat ridiculous) and then debate...One would think that the 2nd overall pick with all the hype about lightning bolts shooting out of this kid's azz (not from 72 yards per at this point) was not because he might be "pretty good" it was because he would come into the league and be very near the top of rushers rushing yards and be something "special"...He will be 7th after Conner passes him up tonight.. Shady McCoy finished 4th last year and no one gave it a second thought. Should he finish 7th at the end of the year...Overrated?

So he is 7th currently? With a bad OL. And the top yards after contact? Sounds pretty good to me.

So he is 7th currently? With a bad OL. And the top yards after contact? Sounds pretty good to me.
once again, we are not talking "pretty good" Does 7th equate to overrated? For me, 7th does not match the hype...not matching the hype means overrated. of course, very very too soon to tell.

throwing out the high and the low to make a point is not cherry picking...

He threw out the high only, which is stupid because those yards count too.

Take away Hines Ward's long TD catch from Randel El in the Super Bowl, and he has a pedestrian game with no TDs and isn't the MVP. But... he made that catch, so it counts too.

OMG who cares. He is gone from PSU the Giants drafted him #2 but have no line so it doesn't matter how good he is or isn't.

I would have taken a D end, Chubb, or an O lineman like Nelson.

Hell maybe the Browns got it right with Mayfield certainly better than Edmunds.

"Fast/shifty as any college back ever"?
For the record he wasn't even the fastest RB at the combines this year - let alone "ever"

1. Nyheim Hines, NCST, 4.38
2. Saquon Barkley, PSU, 4.40
T3. Kalen Ballage, ASU, 4.46
T3. Rashaad Penny, SDSU, 4.46
5. Derrius Guice, LSU, 4.49

Lets wait till the season is over - but the hype is not backed up by results so far.

Nyheim Hines is 3 inches shorter and 35 pounds lighter than Barkely.......

This, yet again, is completely wrong. You keep trying to sell this like nobody saw him the last 3 years get hit like a million times behind a putrid OL. Guess what, kid still went 2nd overall after 3 years in college. Let your weird high school grudge go (both of your personalities).
He’s a soft bum like every other Nitany scum back who went to the nfl the last 35 years. You probably thought Blacksludge was good too...

Nyheim Hines is 3 inches shorter and 35 pounds lighter than Barkely.......

Hey lion since you are here could you answer a question. If someone on BWI posted that Larry Fitzgerald was overrated would over 70% of your board attack that as wrong? Or would they more likely argue that it's TRUE and Kenny Jackson was better?

He’s a soft bum like every other Nitany scum back who went to the nfl the last 35 years. You probably thought Blacksludge was good too...

You say all PSU RBs are bad and then reference a QB. Genius.

BTW, I have no clue how blackledge was. Before my time geezer.

You say all PSU RBs are bad and then reference a QB. Genius.

BTW, I have no clue how blackledge was. Before my time geezer.
Just overrated Penn State trash regardless of the position......Curtis "buy me a new suit" Ennis, Kijana "cupcake" Carter...you get the idea.

Just overrated Penn State trash regardless of the position......Curtis "buy me a new suit" Ennis, Kijana "cupcake" Carter...you get the idea.
Um, no, not really. I call out a guy who has spread the same BS 15 times because his kids got boat raced in high school and you choose to attack me over Penn State. Get a grip. You are EXACTLY what is wrong with this board and you humiliate us all.

Since you're so much smarter than everyone, you should hit up PN and tell him to stop offering ALL the same kids as Penn State. Sounds like you uncovered a key to success sparky.

Barkley did the same thing in college as well. That's just his M.O.

Barry Sanders never had a good line either. If you are dumb enough to take a RB that high, he better be another Barry Sanders.

This...
getting sick of the OL excuse... if he was as great as everyone says he wouldn't need excuses.

Reactions: mbe 34
LOL. Damn. Some of you are really hating on him because he played for PSU. Now, because he was the second fastest he gets criticized? Wow.

I was not criticizing him.
The purpose of my post was to set the record straight and correct the over
"overblown Hype" that he was as good any player "ever".
I further suggested lets wait till the end of the season.
I was in the camp that thought the guy was going to be elite and said so on this board - Half way thru his last college season I recanted.

You on the other hand are stuck on some "you just don't like him because he's from Ped State" as defense for any criticism.
Frankly Ped State does have a long history of high pick busts - but these are all individual players and that shouldn't be held against him.
I don't like any Ped State players but that doesn't effect my evaluation of them.
We can judge him at the end of the season - he's been average and may yet warrant his high pick - but I doubt it

in the last decade. He was a good back in college. Not great. He will be a good back in the NFL. Not great.

Look at Miles Sanders. Barkley was all hype.

1ujtun.jpg

Hey lion since you are here could you answer a question. If someone on BWI posted that Larry Fitzgerald was overrated would over 70% of your board attack that as wrong? Or would they more likely argue that it's TRUE and Kenny Jackson was better?

Guarantee 95% of us (psu fans) would say the poster was an idiot.. clearly, he is an all-time great wr and better than Kenny Jackson.. kinda a dumb attempt at trolling..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT