ADVERTISEMENT

Oooff

freddietee511

Freshman
Nov 24, 2013
Tampa
We will likely be fine long term, but again, tempering expectations is important. I dont see NBA ready guards at the moment.

To get back to the 2000s is going to be a very difficult thing to do. We never had too many games like this.

Optimistic though

I think the hype about X going pro is premature. That’s not to say he’s not a very good player. But he has to play more under control and show he can consistently shoot. I think he needs at least one more year

this team will improve. The addition of Murphey and the frosh is significant. I think brown is improved. If trey and X and let the game come to them more and stop forcing things I think they can be very competitive this year and make the NIT

I don’t losing to Nicholas state should be part of the process when your team has or thought they had a potential pair of NBA guards in the back court

I think that pitt fans get way ahead of themselves with expectations. Capel has to do a full rebuild which takes time.

if this was year 5 and there were stull
Major issues like a certain football coach then yeah, it is a problem...right now it’s to be expected.

I think the hype about X going pro is premature. That’s not to say he’s not a very good player. But he has to play more under control and show he can consistently shoot. I think he needs at least one more year

this team will improve. The addition of Murphey and the frosh is significant. I think brown is improved. If trey and X and let the game come to them more and stop forcing things I think they can be very competitive this year and make the NIT
I see a few things. First, there is no doubt Johnson and McGowens are trying to do way too much. The fact that they are over dribbling and being way too out of control with the ball shows that. But I also think FSU and Nicholls both did a great job applying backcourt pressure and really disrupted the offensive flow. But more than anything, this is hopefully the reality check this team needed. There will be far better teams than Pitt that lose games to lower conference opponents so it’s not the end of the world. Let’s go crush Bobby Mo and move things forward.

I said this all off season, X would be getting bad advice is he goes Pro before his senior season. He will not get drafted. He is a nice player but has a lot to learn and could definitely benefit from a full college career.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I feel like McGowens should be benched for Murphy to start against RMU. Settle him down and let's see if he will turn the ball over five times again if he's benched. Look what Terrell is doing off of the bench.

I had to listen to the game on the radio since the ACC network and Comcast can’t get their act together , but looking at the box score tells you all you need to know . Too many turnovers and poor shooting except for Murphy and Brown.
I think we were all hoping that last yrs freshman would become much better shooters over the off season , but although it’s a small sample size it really doesn’t appear so . Sure you can work on your shooting , but I truly believe it’s a skill you either have or you don’t . Hopefully they’ll become better than they are , but I doubt they’ll ever approach a guy like Murphys skill level .

We can argue about guys being able to play D , but without guys who can score you can’t beat teams that can score as evidenced by today’s loss . Good offensive players get their pts no matter how good your D is .

Another area of concern right now is that X and Trey are turnover machines , they’re trying to force the action too much . X especially needs to learn to play under control more , professional pt guards are either deadly shooters that can handle the ball or great facilitators . Pitt needs X‘s improvement more than anything else if they’re going to take a step forward . Let’s just hope it’s just a bad start for X ( and Trey )

I had to listen to the game on the radio since the ACC network and Comcast can’t get their act together , but looking at the box score tells you all you need to know . Too many turnovers and poor shooting except for Murphy and Brown.
I think we were all hoping that last yrs freshman would become much better shooters over the off season , but although it’s a small sample size it really doesn’t appear so . Sure you can work on your shooting , but I truly believe it’s a skill you either have or you don’t . Hopefully they’ll become better than they are , but I doubt they’ll ever approach a guy like Murphys skill level .

We can argue about guys being able to play D , but without guys who can score you can’t beat teams that can score as evidenced by today’s loss . Good offensive players get their pts no matter how good your D is .

Another area of concern right now is that X and Trey are turnover machines , they’re trying to force the action too much . X especially needs to learn to play under control more , professional pt guards are either deadly shooters that can handle the ball or great facilitators . Pitt needs X‘s improvement more than anything else if they’re going to take a step forward . Let’s just hope it’s just a bad start for X ( and Trey )

They were a lot more under control vs FSU. They did try to do way too much today to force things losing their poise in the process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT