ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Playoffs

Series looks like it can be close. Last night, I felt that Bucks were still in the game up until the final minute.

It was nice to see Cam Johnson getting some prime minutes in the Finals and playing great. It was also nice to hear Pitt being mentioned as his school and not just UNC.
I can’t fault Cam for leaving. It was a CF when Stallings took over. Glad to hear Pitt mentioned on the telecast as well.

Larry Fitzgerald has a small stake in the Suns, so I am kind of rooting for them for that reason.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I can’t fault Cam for leaving. It was a CF when Stallings took over. Glad to hear Pitt mentioned on the telecast as well.

Larry Fitzgerald has a small stake in the Suns, so I am kind of rooting for them for that reason.
Between Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Paul, it’s hard not to root for Phoenix as a neutral follower.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Between Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Paul, it’s hard not to root for Phoenix as a neutral follower.
Agreed. Chris Paul is a pretty awesome story given it wasn't too long ago he was considered to be on decline and traded to the Thunder to balance out salaries in the Westbrook trade. Worked out far better in the long run for Paul than it did Westbrook or the Rockets.

Agreed. Chris Paul is a pretty awesome story given it wasn't too long ago he was considered to be on decline and traded to the Thunder to balance out salaries in the Westbrook trade. Worked out far better in the long run for Paul than it did Westbrook or the Rockets.

Indeed. I was more or less ambivalent about Chris Paul before this season, but I have really become a fan as of late.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Can't remember where I posted this. but 90s era NBA fans bemoaning the disappearance of the midrange game should absolutely love the Suns.
I can see why some people compare Booker to Kobe Bryant, the way he pulls off those midrange fadeaways. Very nice shot.

Reactions: Ski11585

I'm not sure CP was ever considered to be on the decline.. it was more or less the dude can't stay healthy. If he stays healthy his first year in Hou, they win the title. He always get banged up, and his relationship with Harden wasn't great.

Presti got CP3 in the door at OKC to mentor SGA for a year and he got 2 first rounders + 2 pick swaps. It was a clear no brainer move for OKC, and honestly, it wasn't a bad move for Houston either. Harden and CP didn't get along, and Houston got a former MVP. Granted, Russ isn't the greatest fit on most teams and isn't known as a winning player nor did he really fit what Houston was doing at the time, but when you have Harden and Westbrook in their prime years, anything is possible. Morey wanted star power, and he got it.

Two to go!!!!! Rally the Valley!!!!!! Go Suns!!!!!

Although I fell pretty confident that Milwaukee will be rocking on Sunday. They ain’t going away easy.

Two to go!!!!! Rally the Valley!!!!!! Go Suns!!!!!

Although I fell pretty confident that Milwaukee will be rocking on Sunday. They ain’t going away easy.
I’ve incorrectly ruled out the Bucks twice already during these playoffs.

I’m rooting for the Suns big time. But even more, I’m rooting for 7 games. I’m really enjoying these games even more.

I’ve incorrectly ruled out the Bucks twice already during these playoffs.

I’m rooting for the Suns big time. But even more, I’m rooting for 7 games. I’m really enjoying these games even more.
Now that I am officially an Arizonan, a less than 20 point lead makes me super nervous. Winning it in four would be glorious but doing it at home would be great too.

It seems to me the Bucks are Giannis and if he isn’t playing well they don’t play well. The Suns are CP3 and Book, but they have significant supporting players who can carry the load for significant durations. I loved Monty’s discussion with DeAndre the other night. That literally is what a coach truly is needed for. Players know how to play, but even a dude as good as Ayton needs some inspiration at times. It was awesome.

And the greatest thing about living here is that the game is over between 830 and 900 PM and I can watch a movie or something else after. I am retired so a 6 pm start ain’t no big thang.

Reactions: pittjas
Now that I am officially an Arizonan, a less than 20 point lead makes me super nervous. Winning it in four would be glorious but doing it at home would be great too.

It seems to me the Bucks are Giannis and if he isn’t playing well they don’t play well. The Suns are CP3 and Book, but they have significant supporting players who can carry the load for significant durations. I loved Monty’s discussion with DeAndre the other night. That literally is what a coach truly is needed for. Players know how to play, but even a dude as good as Ayton needs some inspiration at times. It was awesome.

And the greatest thing about living here is that the game is over between 830 and 900 PM and I can watch a movie or something else after. I am retired so a 6 pm start ain’t no big thang.

I loved the stretch last night where the Suns passed the ball 12 times (I counted) leading to the "and one" for Ayton.

That's how Championship Teams play!

Now ... I won't hide for a second that the MAIN reason I'm rooting for the Suns is Cam Johnson, and it's great to listen to the love he's getting from the announcers. And Cam has played really well in these playoffs. But to me, it's cool that I will be able to say that Cam is someone I knew and spoke to several dozen times and he's an NBA Champion.

But I've really come to respect CP3 during these playoffs and also have appreciated how Devin is getting ready to move into All-NBA status, as a true top 15 player or better.

Having said this, I've also come to appreciate Giannis more than ever before after that injury. But to me, it's really Kris Middleton who needs to play at a very high level for the Bucks to win.

But like I said, I just want to see this series go to 7 games (SUNS IN 7!) because it's been such a pleasure to watch these extremely talented basketball players play as well as they have.

BTW ... as the hoops fan that I am, I'm extremely jealous that you live in an NBA city. That's something I never expect to see in Pgh. This just ain't a hoops town.

My 15 year old son has me as a HUGE fan of Rip City. Right now, they might even be my 4th favorite team behind Pitt Hoops, Pitt Football and the Pens. In fact, I might even say that as we entered these playoffs, I was rooting as hard for the Blazers as much as the aforementioned three. I can only imagine how much more fun it would it be if it was the actual city within which I lived. Enjoy!

I loved the stretch last night where the Suns passed the ball 12 times (I counted) leading to the "and one" for Ayton.

That's how Championship Teams play!

Now ... I won't hide for a second that the MAIN reason I'm rooting for the Suns is Cam Johnson, and it's great to listen to the love he's getting from the announcers. And Cam has played really well in these playoffs. But to me, it's cool that I will be able to say that Cam is someone I knew and spoke to several dozen times and he's an NBA Champion.

But I've really come to respect CP3 during these playoffs and also have appreciated how Devin is getting ready to move into All-NBA status, as a true top 15 player or better.

Having said this, I've also come to appreciate Giannis more than ever before after that injury. But to me, it's really Kris Middleton who needs to play at a very high level for the Bucks to win.

But like I said, I just want to see this series go to 7 games (SUNS IN 7!) because it's been such a pleasure to watch these extremely talented basketball players play as well as they have.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
BTW ... as the hoops fan that I am, I'm extremely jealous that you live in an NBA city. That's something I never expect to see in Pgh. This just ain't a hoops town.

My 15 year old son has me as a HUGE fan of Rip City. Right now, they might even be my 4th favorite team behind Pitt Hoops, Pitt Football and the Pens. In fact, I might even say that as we entered these playoffs, I was rooting as hard for the Blazers as much as the aforementioned three. I can only imagine how much more fun it would it be if it was the actual city within which I lived. Enjoy!
I think we all had it wrong. It doesn’t matter if Pittsburgh is perceived to not be a hoops town. You literally couldn’t buy Suns gear at the local Walmart or Target last year anywhere in Phoenix. Even a Dick’s Sporting Goods out here did not carry stuff. Now, everyone sales Suns stuff. So bring a team in to Pittsburgh and it will develop into a hoops town. Begin to win and the Pirates will fall to fourth in terms of fan favorites. IT CAN BE DONE!!!

FYI...Team USA starts exhibition competition tonight against Nigeria on NBCSN. Nigeria is loaded with NBA players, so I expect a competitive game.

USA Basketball Men’s National Team Games
DateCoverageNetworkTime ET
July 10USA vs. NigeriaNBCSN8 p.m.
July 12USA vs. AustraliaNBCSN8 p.m.
July 13USA vs. ArgentinaNBCSN6 p.m.
July 16USA vs. AustraliaNBCSN6 p.m.
July 18USA vs. SpainNBCSN9 p.m.

FYI...Team USA starts exhibition competition tonight against Nigeria on NBCSN. Nigeria is loaded with NBA players, so I expect a competitive game.

USA Basketball Men’s National Team Games
DateCoverageNetworkTime ET
July 10USA vs. NigeriaNBCSN8 p.m.
July 12USA vs. AustraliaNBCSN8 p.m.
July 13USA vs. ArgentinaNBCSN6 p.m.
July 16USA vs. AustraliaNBCSN6 p.m.
July 18USA vs. SpainNBCSN9 p.m.

And Talib Zanna, correct?

And Talib Zanna, correct?
I'm not sure he's on the roster. I saw this article on ESPN yesterday and his name wasn't mentioned.

Nigeria's Training Camp Roster​

Precious Achiuwa (Miami Heat), Caleb Agada (Hapeol Be'er Sheva BC, Israel), Obi Emegano (Fuenlabrada, Spain), Michael Gbinije (BC Nevezis, Lithuania), Ike Iroegbu (Elan Chalon, France), Chimezie Metu (Sacramento Kings), Chima Moneke (Orleans, France), Ike Nwamu (Samara, Russia), Jordan Nwora (Milwaukee Bucks, NBA), Jahlil Okafor (Detroit Pistons), Josh Okogie (Minnesota Timberwolves), Stanley Okoye (Gran Canaria, Spain), KZ Okpala (Miami Heat), Miye Oni (Utah Jazz), Ekpe Udoh (Beijing RF, China), Gabe Vincent (Miami Heat).

Reactions: pittjas
That was a silly tweet from that guy and can tell he knows nothing about basketball. They may not be household names, but that's a roster with 8 NBA players that were hungry to prove themselves on a high profile stage.

Australia is up next for Team USA. Ben Simmons would be playing for the Aussies if he wasn't such a 🐱🐈.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Besides having home court, still thinking Suns in 6 or 7 just because they simply shoot better and get better shots more easily with their ball movement.

Huge credit to the Bucks for battling back here. Incredible defensive play by Giannis late in the game too.

Thought the Bucks got a huge break with Booker getting his 5th foul with a quarter to go... But, then, the Suns got a huge, huge break with Brooker straight up mugging Holiday with just 4 minutes to play and no foul called which would've fouled Booker out.

Who cares NBA = Non watchable
I feel similarly about most college hoops outside of a select few games given the quality of the game hasn't been great for years now but I'm a diehard Panthers fan so I absorb just about every Pitt game and a ton of other games nonetheless.

I hope Capel recruits and places more current and future Pitt players in the "non watchable" league too. I'm certain that's his goal because it means Pitt is likely winning a lot more under him if it happens. I imagine most college hoops coaches and players agree with you though, right? Oh, wait... Probably not.

Reactions: Ski11585
Great game last night. I saw a meme on twitter that spoke to me. Khris Middleton either looks like Prime MJ or Kyle Kuzma. There's no middle ground.

The Giannis block on Ayton was nice. I saw The Ringer debating if its the best finals block ever. It was good but it's no "Block by James!"

Great game last night. I saw a meme on twitter that spoke to me. Khris Middleton either looks like Prime MJ or Kyle Kuzma. There's no middle ground.

The Giannis block on Ayton was nice. I saw The Ringer debating if its the best finals block ever. It was good but it's no "Block by James!"
This. Agree on both. Block earlier in the series was better by Giannis. Yesterday's block in the clutch was still huge though. But, yeah, not that level great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT