ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Playoffs

I get not rooting for LA as I root hard against the Lakers, but the Clippers endured so many awful seasons under a top 3 all-time worst owner in all of sports. I'd actually like to see the franchise win one.

But the Clippers didn't have any fans during all of that futility so there really wasn't anyone to feel bad for. Now they play to crowds of front runners in the Staples Center and can bring in whomever they want.

I just don't like NBA teams that never have to suck because LeBron and Kawhi can just walk in the door in any given year.

But the Clippers didn't have any fans during all of that futility so there really wasn't anyone to feel bad for. Now they play to crowds of front runners in the Staples Center and can bring in whomever they want.

I just don't like NBA teams that never have to suck because LeBron and Kawhi can just walk in the door in any given year.

I feel the same way aobut the Lakers, but I sort of gave Kawhi credit for not going with them. Are there other teams you root against due to location - Knicks for instance? While not as bad as the Clippers management, they're running 2nd IMO.

I feel the same way aobut the Lakers, but I sort of gave Kawhi credit for not going with them. Are there other teams you root against due to location - Knicks for instance? While not as bad as the Clippers management, they're running 2nd IMO.

The Celtics and particularly the Heat both sicken me. Heat fans are absolutely obnoxious talking about special their "culture" is. Their entire history of basketball is D. Wade, Shaq, LeBron, Bosh, and Jimmy Butler. They drafted 1 of those guys. Get real, Miami fans.

Clippers management is terrific these days. That owner has so much money he's building a new arena and practice facility in Inglewood. Smart to break away from the Lakers and Staples.

Clippers are done with CP3 coming back.

I just don't see any of the remaining teams winning a series against the Suns at this point.
They're a resilient bunch that's come back from 2-0 twice already. Closed out the last series without Kawhi in the last 2 games. So, I wouldn't declare them dead and wouldn't be surprised if they tied it up again.

Yes but, to be fair, it's not Lebron and Kawhi's fault that their presence alone makes teams almost immediate playoff contender. I have more of a problem with teams that retain 3 superstars (like the Nets, KD Warriors, and many teams over the years).

Yes but, to be fair, it's not Lebron and Kawhi's fault that their presence alone makes teams almost immediate playoff contender. I have more of a problem with teams that retain 3 superstars (like the Nets, KD Warriors, and many teams over the years).
It's why I'm loving the Suns and even the Hawks. CP3 has helped Devin Booker move to a place among the top 20 players.

Also, Leonard has PG-13, a top 15 player in the league. Also, the Lakers don't win without AD, one of the League's 5-6 best when not injured.

But I'm with you on the Warriors and the Nets.

Last edited:
It's why I'm loving the Suns and even the Hawks. CP3 has helped Devin Booker move to a place among the top 20 players.

Also, Leonard has PG-13, a top 15 player in the league. Also, the Lakers don't win without AD, one of the League's 5-6 best when not injured.

But I'm with you on the Warriors and the Nets.
Agree. I root for LeBron but it’s good to see Trae, Booker, Luca, Ja, and others from the next generation starting to assert themselves.

Ummmm....what the hell was up with Giannis in the 1st half? I know he got hurt in the second half, but he shot 3 airballs, one half, that were so bad, you wouldn't expect that in an 6th grade game. I am serious they were than bad.

Ummmm....what the hell was up with Giannis in the 1st half? I know he got hurt in the second half, but he shot 3 airballs, one half, that were so bad, you wouldn't expect that in an 6th grade game. I am serious they were than bad.
Free throws have become a mental thing with him at this point. The crowd has made it worse. He needs a more succinct routine. Take to 2-3 dribbles and just shoot it with proper form. Taking as long as he does has created mind games for himself.

watched some yesterday, but having trouble getting interested this year. Need a little more star power for me.

Giannis getting into his own head is really a problem. Like yeah Shaq was going to miss half of his free throws, but in retrospect you have to appreciate how he didn't care. At the time I thought Shaq should care more, improve his foul shots, but really, by not giving a crap about missing them, it didn't effect his confidence for his post up game. Shaq just kept dunking. Like a less extreme version of Ben Simmons, I think Giannis' poor foul shooting is messing with his jump shot as well.

Giannis getting into his own head is really a problem. Like yeah Shaq was going to miss half of his free throws, but in retrospect you have to appreciate how he didn't care. At the time I thought Shaq should care more, improve his foul shots, but really, by not giving a crap about missing them, it didn't effect his confidence for his post up game. Shaq just kept dunking. Like a less extreme version of Ben Simmons, I think Giannis' poor foul shooting is messing with his jump shot as well.
Yeah in the first half, if you guys ever saw the movie Basketball Diaries, he reminded me of the DeCaprio and Wahlberg characters when they took the quaaludes and then went out and played.

Last night, I watched Chris Paul and the Suns all emotional and celebrating as if they won the championship and not just the WCF.....then I started thinking 🤔 maybe the Hawks really can win this championship. Everyone has been counting them out in every round.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Suns look awfully good against either eastern opponent. And they'll get some decent rest. Cam has been solid the playoffs but I feel a breakout performance is looming, much like Sam Cassell back in the 94 Finals against the Knicks.

Last night, I watched Chris Paul and the Suns all emotional and celebrating as if they won the championship and not just the WCF.....then I started thinking 🤔 maybe the Hawks really can win this championship. Everyone has been counting them out in every round.
The Hawks and the Suns have something in common, which is good chemistry. The fact that they were celebrating may relate to that. They genuinely seem to enjoy playing together. I doubt any of us would rank them as the two most talented teams in the league, but here we go?

Happy for CP3. So glad the Clippers are out. Shame Giannis is hurt.

I’m inclined to pick the Suns to win it all, but this is the year of injuries and covid so I will hold off until the start of the finals.

Happy for CP3. So glad the Clippers are out. Shame Giannis is hurt.
I could probably name 2 players total who are still playing. I tried watching the Lakers vs Suns earlier in the playoffs but didn’t last 2 possessions beyond the studio pregame show. I just couldn’t get into it. But I think it’s cool as hell that all of you have something to enjoy and follow in July instead of just dreadful MLB. NBA is going to take you guys all the way to football training camps practically. Nothing wrong with that.

If Larry is part owner (I didn’t know this), and Barkley is a big supporter, and Cam is a contributing piece…I just may have to adopt them.

Phoenix hasn't had many championships, either. For all of the success they've had across all of their pro teams (except the Coyotes), they have only had the one D-Backs championship 20 years ago. Come to think of it, Atlanta's history is equally barren with their last championship being the Braves almost 30 years ago. Milwaukee is the winningest of all remaining cities (I count the Packers as a Milwaukee team as everyone there roots for them and they are only 2 hours away)!

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The Hawks and the Suns have something in common, which is good chemistry. The fact that they were celebrating may relate to that. They genuinely seem to enjoy playing together. I doubt any of us would rank them as the two most talented teams in the league, but here we go?

I agree with the chemistry part on both teams, but I think that the Suns is very talented. It may be unknown talent, because many ppl may be seeing them on tv for the first

They were starting to shine pre CP3, last year in the bubble when they went undefeated. I enjoyed watching them then. It was some great games. Booker is forming into a star. Ayton is becoming formidable. Solid vets like Crowder and CP3. Both Cams are doing their things off the bench.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Milwaukee is the winningest of all remaining cities (I count the Packers as a Milwaukee team as everyone there roots for them and they are only 2 hours away)!

The Packers used to play a couple home games in Milwaukee every year up until sometime in the 90s, iirc.

I’ll be honest, these playoffs have rekindled my interest in the NBA. It had grown stale for me the past few seasons, but it’s fun to watch new stars emerging this postseason while watching (new!) teams that haven’t made it this far in quite some time.

Reactions: Ski11585
I’ll be honest, these playoffs have rekindled my interest in the NBA. It had grown stale for me the past few seasons, but it’s fun to watch new stars emerging this postseason while watching (new!) teams that haven’t made it this far in quite some time.
I love it because it’s not about a “big three”. And 3 of the 4 teams in the conference finals were built more than bought.

I love it because it’s not about a “big three”. And 3 of the 4 teams in the conference finals were built more than bought.
Agreed. Heck, I thought two of the teams in the conference finals (Atlanta, Phoenix) we’re still building, as in present tense! Haven’t had the sense that anyone can win an NBA title in a while. Glad to see that may be changing.

Going to be a tough task for the Bucks, even with Giannis playing close to 100% (unlikely).
Probably true, but I thought the Suns might lose to the Clippers because they looked really bad in Game 5 and CP3 seemed to actually disrupt the flow when he came back post Covid. Game 6 he finally looked like the leader he had been. I still worry (as any psycho fan does) that the Big Stage could adversely effect the team unless guys like Paul and Crowder keep the kids in check. The biggest thing I love is that is absolutely GREAT to have an NBA team to root for where you live.

Reactions: pittjas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT