ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Playoffs

I fell asleep in the 4th and woke up just in time to see the steal and oop.

Very entertaining game.

Outside of the Bucks FT %, both teams incredible offensively last night. Incredible game. True rollercoaster ride!

On occasion, Devin needs to pass.
Devin was a plus 12 in the game. Not sure what else you could ask him to do. Cam Johnson on the other hand was a MINUS 19!!!! Devin ain’t hurting the team. Perhaps he is seeing guys who are folding under the pressure and is realizing he probably has to carry way more load than he should.

And if LBJ is the most untouchable in the league then Giannis may be a close second. Can’t believe what gets called as fouls on his defender and what he gets away with. The Game 4 BLOCK was actually a foul.

I love living in a new State and bitching incessantly on how my team is getting screwed. LOL

Devin was a plus 12 in the game. Not sure what else you could ask him to do. Cam Johnson on the other hand was a MINUS 19!!!! Devin ain’t hurting the team. Perhaps he is seeing guys who are folding under the pressure and is realizing he probably has to carry way more load than he should.

And if LBJ is the most untouchable in the league then Giannis may be a close second. Can’t believe what gets called as fouls on his defender and what he gets away with. The Game 4 BLOCK was actually a foul.

I love living in a new State and bitching incessantly on how my team is getting screwed. LOL
Don't get me wrong - I love Devin. But I also think the Suns at times can move the ball exceptionally well and there are a few situations that call for that. So actually, I'm not saying that I don't think Devin should shoot so much, but maybe not always play straight up ISO ball.

Don't get me wrong - I love Devin. But I also think the Suns at times can move the ball exceptional well and there are a few situations that call for that. So actually, I'm not saying that I don't think Devin should shoot so much, but maybe not always play straight up ISO ball.
It has hurt the Suns that Dario Saric got injured. He provided a different skill set than Ayton and that kept teams honest. His few minutes seems to give Deandre enough of a spell.

Last edited:

He scored 40 in each of the last 2 games and they still lost. They're a better team when the ball is spread around and there's balanced scoring. Everyone needs to be involved, not just standing around watching Booker. He's also helping Milwaukee out on defense since he's going 1 on 5. They don't have to expel any energy worrying about the other Suns.

He scored 40 in each of the last 2 games and they still lost. They're a better team when the ball is spread around and there's balanced scoring. Everyone needs to be involved, not just standing around watching Booker. He's also helping Milwaukee out on defense since he's going 1 on 5. They don't have to expel any energy worrying about the other Suns.

Kinda what I think, and it's showing itself again tonight.

Officiating is definitely helping the Bucks tonight. Giannis gets a lot of calls.

But also, if he’s going to shoot FTs anything like this consistently, he could end up being the greatest player ever.

Officiating is definitely helping the Bucks tonight. Giannis gets a lot of calls.

But also, if he’s going to shoot FTs anything like this consistently, he could end up being the greatest player ever.

Giannis has been amazing. But the difference I've in this game is how the Bucks have defended the Suns out of their comfort zone all game long. They completely took DBook out of his game, and he also helped the Bucks out with a little too much hero ball.

Reactions: cease10

Officiating had nothing to do with the Bucks victory. Ayton and Booker didn’t show up and Giannis was phenomenal.

Reactions: happjack
Officiating had nothing to do with the Bucks victory. Ayton and Booker didn’t show up and Giannis was phenomenal.

I was really rooting for the Suns, but there wasn't one foul drawn by Giannis that I felt was inaccurate. In fact, there were a couple times I thought he'd get a call but didn't.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Kinda what I think, and it's showing itself again tonight.
Booker was forcing too much, didn't seem like he was letting shots come to him naturally. He would drive too deep run into a wall, then end up with a turnover or bad shot.

I didn't like his decision making at all. The times when he should've took the shot he would pass off and place his teammate into a bad situation. Just was no flow to his game.

Reactions: Drew1208
I couldn't have been more wrong about this series, thought it was done after 2. Suns have a great team but this is what happens when the other team has a superstar who can go a level above everyone else. I didn't think it was possible with his knee.

Reactions: FireballZ
I mean isn't it time to start mentioning on the Lebron/Kobe level of platitudes?

100%. And as good as Jokcic was this year, you could make an argument that Giannis should have won a third straight MVP. He put up pretty much the same numbers that won him the MVP last year.

Reactions: happjack
It has hurt the Suns that Dario Saric got injured. He provided a different skill set than Ayton and that kept teams honest. His few minutes seems to give Deandre enough of a spell.
Had had every injury break in the book to luck as far as they did. They'll be back. Played healthy-ish team and it showed. CP still got that Clips in him I guess? Big stage, goes home.

I was really rooting for the Suns, but there wasn't one foul drawn by Giannis that I felt was inaccurate. In fact, there were a couple times I thought he'd get a call but didn't.
Their fans with the Suns in four while only beating injured squads turned me off. Glad they squandered it in magnificent fashion. Suns in 4! Suns in 4! Karma is a bitch.

Their fans with the Suns in four while only beating injured squads turned me off. Glad they squandered it in magnificent fashion. Suns in 4! Suns in 4! Karma is a bitch.
Come on now. You don’t think the Bucks got a huge break against the Nets and then the injury to Trae Young? The Suns were #2 in the west. They would have beat the Lakers if both AD and Bron were healthy. The Lakers are done. Phoenix fans are obnoxious for sure. Interesting when you see the crowd it is amazing that they do not represent the vast diversity of Arizona. Lots of people from Phoenix are ChicagO transplants. It is endemic.

Well even coming to a new state a championship loss hurts. I guess it is not the loss so much as the opportunity that is wasted. You never know if it comes again.

It reminds me of the Nova game. That opportunity was there for us and S.F.R. Effed it up For us. Pitt probably will never see that opportunity again.

The Suns have to invest in another big man and a few Forwards.

Reactions: Ski11585
Come on now. You don’t think the Bucks got a huge break against the Nets and then the injury to Trae Young? The Suns were #2 in the west. They would have beat the Lakers if both AD and Bron were healthy. The Lakers are done. Phoenix fans are obnoxious for sure. Interesting when you see the crowd it is amazing that they do not represent the vast diversity of Arizona. Lots of people from Phoenix are ChicagO transplants. It is endemic.
I do think so. But, AD out games 4 through 6. Porter Jr. hobbled, Barton just back and Jamal Murray out. Kawhi out, Ibaka out, Zubic out games 4 through 6. Tough road but they'd have lost each of those series if their opponents were healthy. Giannis hyperextend his knee too.

I like Paul, love Booker. They're not ready yet maybe next year or the year after. It was a lot easier for me to pull for the Bucks. Again, Suns will be back. Ayton disappeared too. That won't happen as he gains experience.

Last edited:
Well even coming to a new state a championship loss hurts. I guess it is not the loss so much as the opportunity that is wasted. You never know if it comes again.

It reminds me of the Nova game. That opportunity was there for us and S.F.R. Effed it up For us. Pitt probably will never see that opportunity again.

The Suns have to invest in another big man and a few Forwards.
I don't compare it Nova because Pitt had no breaks that run. Suns had many.

I do think so. But, AD out games 4 through 6. Porter Jr. hobbled, Barton just back and Jamal Murray out. Kawhi out, Ibaka out, Zubic out games 4 through 6. Tough road but they'd have lost each of those series if their opponents were healthy. Giannis hyperextend his knee too.

I like Paul, love Booker. They're not ready yet maybe next year or the year after. It was a lot easier for me to pull for the Bucks. Again, Suns will be back. Ayton disappeared too. That won't happen as he gains experience.
I completely disagree with you. Injuries were rampant this playoffs and someone started the narrative about the Suns and people ran with it. Again, they were number 2 in the west!!!! They didn’t get there through luck.

I completely disagree with you. Injuries were rampant this playoffs and someone started the narrative about the Suns and people ran with it. Again, they were number 2 in the west!!!! They didn’t get there through luck.
Yup. Sixers were #1 in the East but no one really bought that team. Healthy Lakers and Nets and that's final.

So, next year, if AD is healthy and Ayton or Booker is out and they meet the Lakers again, that's an impossible series to win. They were #2 because Lebron was out and the Nuggets were missing Murray. Health provided, they're 4 or 5 in the West. Very good team. But, as shown, finally played a team not missing a big cog... Went up 2-0... Lost 4 straight.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Yup. Sixers were #1 in the East but no one really bought that team. Healthy Lakers and Nets and that's final.

So, next year, if AD is healthy and Ayton or Booker is out and they meet the Lakers again, that's an impossible series to win. They were #2 because Lebron was out and the Nuggets were missing Murray. Health provided, they're 4 or 5 in the West. Very good team. But, as shown, finally played a team not missing a big cog... Went up 2-0... Lost 4 straight.
Some people just gotta hate.

Some people just gotta hate.
Yeah. I didn't like the love they got dumped on them all postseason. Thought they were fortunate to beat the Clips even. I apologize to revel in it though. They will be back. Hungrier. I am extremely glad they lost this year though. Milwaukee won't get this chance again if the Nets are healthy. But, I feel for their team and fans like you. It's gonna be super fun to follow them the next decade+. They're so young. They'll be a juggernaut in a few years. Played above themselves to get this far.

I'd argue that the Bucks were missing a big cog -- DiVincenzo. He's not flashy, but he's a good shooter and a strong defender. To your Nets point, he's not Joe Harris from a shooting perspective but he creates his shot and facilitates better so it's close to a wash for me.

Also goes to show how strong Pat Connaughton was in stepping into the role for 25 minutes a night and holding his own.

Yeah. I didn't like the love they got dumped on them all postseason. Thought they were fortunate to beat the Clips even. I apologize to revel in it though. They will be back. Hungrier. I am extremely glad they lost this year though. Milwaukee won't get this chance again if the Nets are healthy. But, I feel for their team and fans like you. It's gonna be super fun to follow them the next decade+. They're so young. They'll be a juggernaut in a few years. Played above themselves to get this far.
The love? Sincerely, once Milwaukee won the first game of the series it was all Giannis, all the time. Seriously I don’t understand how you could dislike a team that hadn’t smelled the playoffs in 12 years? They went 8-0 in the bubble and were THE surprise team out of it. Then they come into this year and go toe to toe with Utah for 1st seed all season. So in their first round they end up with last year’s Champion!!!! Jesus if that isn’t a set up for failure what is? They deserved to win the first round regardless of AD and LBJ status.

The Bucks actually have been High underachievers until this year. Two time MVP and #1 in the East and lose both years?

But whatever. I enjoy the fact that I actually now have an NBA team to follow

I mean isn't it time to start mentioning on the Lebron/Kobe level of platitudes?
No....this is his first time performing great in the playoffs. He didn't show up in prior playoffs. Lebron/Kobe level is MULTIPLE years of exemplary playoff performance. He can't be placed on their level with just one great playoffs.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
No....this is his first time performing great in the playoffs. He didn't show up in prior playoffs. Lebron/Kobe level is MULTIPLE years of exemplary playoff performance. He can't be placed on their level with just one great playoffs.
Agree ... but he is now entering the conversation and he's still only 26.

Here's my question for Giannis. He is able to do so many of the things be does largely because of his freakish/size athleticism. (Is he the anti-Joker LOL?)

I wonder how much pure basketball skills/acumen/savvy he'll accumulate over the next 5 years or so. If he adds a fair amount more, he can catapult into the conversation as one of the 10 best all-time. Plus, hoops savvy can help to carry him on the back end of a career with the athleticism starts to slip.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Yeah, your final legacy is based pretty heavily, correctly or incorrectly, on rings and longevity. But if you want to look at a single season, what Giannis just did is at an incredible level -- 50 points and elite defense in a close out game. Reminded me of like 1993 Jordan as an elite two way player who would go score 42 while shutting down whoever he was lined up against.

In fact for the playoffs, Giannis lead in points scored, total rebounds, rebounds per game, defensive rebounds, free throw attempts, win shares, offensive win shares, defensive win shares, and VORP (by a huge margin.) 35, 13, 5 average in the finals round...

Then over a few season arcs you have the 2017 most improved player, 2019 MVP, 2020 defensive POTY, 2020 MVP, 2021 all-star MVP, and 2021 finals MVP.

Reactions: FireballZ
I have to give the Bucks credit. Probably about 15 years ago I told my friends that there are several NBA markets that might sniff NBA championships but are too small to ever win one ... Milwaukee was the first one on my list. With Cleveland winning a few years ago and Milwaukee winning this year, and San Antonio having been an outlier for a long stretch, maybe the NBA has turned for the better. Could there be hope for the Kings, Grizzlies, Pacers, Blazers, Thunder, Magic, etc. over the next decade or so?

What is relatively unique about the Bucks is they got arguably the best player in the world to stay there past his first contract. Cleveland managed to win one because LeBron grew up in Akron, which required more luck than good management (in fact, the Cavs botched a lot of that era, especially with the all-time bust pick of Anthony Bennett.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT