ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Neil Shipley (golf)

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Guess it’s time those of us who are golf fans start paying attention to him. Here’s a good interview with him that I stumbled upon for those interested. He’s not as awkward as he appeared in Butler Cabin this past Spring. 130 yards and in & putting appears to be his biggest area for improvement. That doesn’t bode well for Oakmont next year…but it will be interesting to start following this kid.

Guess it’s time those of us who are golf fans start paying attention to him. Here’s a good interview with him that I stumbled upon for those interested. He’s not as awkward as he appeared in Butler Cabin this past Spring. 130 yards and in & putting appears to be his biggest area for improvement. That doesn’t bode well for Oakmont next year…but it will be interesting to start following this kid.

I'll keep an eye on him since we both share the same high school but not that closely; I put golf in the rearview mirror a few years ago.

Central has made a heel turn so I could care less about them, or Shipley.
They’ve become a bit cultish. I’m with you. If I were a central grad, I wouldn’t care if the kid went to my school or not. All it means is that someone bucked up and paid the tuition. If he’s a fine human and good golfer, I’m more impressed with his parents and the pro at St Clair country club.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT