ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Raising Cane's

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The Borough of Pleasant Hills released the following alert:

"Please be aware that there will be heavier than normal traffic in the area of Rt. 51 North and South in Pleasant Hills due to the grand opening of Raising Canes starting tomorrow, Tuesday May 7, 2024. This traffic is expected to last for at least a week during operational hours of Raising Canes Restaurant."

What an amazing country we live in where the grand opening of a fast food restaurants has cities putting out public alerts. This Raising Cane's is directly across the street from a Chik Fil A. I dont know how Pleasant Hills will survive this.

Raising Cane's is pretty cool though. The one in Oakland has the vibe of a non-chain campus restaurant with some cool Pitt stuff on the walls. Some Pitt stuff (and no PSU stuff) in the South Fayette one as well.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

"Please be aware that there will be heavier than normal traffic in the area of Rt. 51 North and South in Pleasant Hills due to the grand opening of Raising Canes starting tomorrow, Tuesday May 7, 2024. This traffic is expected to last for at least a week during operational hours of Raising Canes Restaurant."

What an amazing country we live in where the grand opening of a fast food restaurants has cities putting out public alerts. This Raising Cane's is directly across the street from a Chik Fil A. I dont know how Pleasant Hills will survive this.

Raising Cane's is pretty cool though. The one in Oakland has the vibe of a non-chain campus restaurant with some cool Pitt stuff on the walls. Some Pitt stuff (and no PSU stuff) in the South Fayette one as well.
I don’t get the fascination. I was excited about the franchise but it’s just blah. I was in the Oakland one the day it opened. I wasn’t impressed, so then waited for the south Fayette one to open to see if they just caught me on the wrong day…and well they didn’t. It’s totally overrated. If anyone is in south Fayette or Oakland, just order your chick fingers from Primanti that’s a stones throw away. It’s cheaper and not much different. And that’s saying something because Primanti Bros food isn’t exactly good either.

Did they consult SMF civil engineering firm prior to building this restaurant? What's the traffic pattern to and from the restaurants? Will the chick filet drive thru be impacted in any way? Will there be crosswalks for pedestrians that might have family members that can't agree upon dinner and thus have to hit both restaurants at once? And what about post little league game traffic? Does the community have a plan?

I don’t get the fascination. I was excited about the franchise but it’s just blah. I was in the Oakland one the day it opened. I wasn’t impressed, so then waited for the south Fayette one to open to see if they just caught me on the wrong day…and well they didn’t. It’s totally overrated. If anyone is in south Fayette or Oakland, just order your chick fingers from Primanti that’s a stones throw away. It’s cheaper and not much different. And that’s saying something because Primanti Bros food isn’t exactly good either.
Yeah . Been to the one in N. Ver. a couple times and well . Nah . Can get chicken fingers just as well from Sheetz . IMO .

Primanti's is Pedo-owned. Stay far away. Cane's is really good. Enough to backup traffic like Taylor Swift is in town? No. But we Muricans love fast food.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Did they consult SMF civil engineering firm prior to building this restaurant? What's the traffic pattern to and from the restaurants? Will the chick filet drive thru be impacted in any way? Will there be crosswalks for pedestrians that might have family members that can't agree upon dinner and thus have to hit both restaurants at once? And what about post little league game traffic? Does the community have a plan?

I was absolutely shocked when I saw they had a Raising Cane's going up there right across the street. The PH borough going for the money grab but Rt. 51 infrastructure cant support 2 chicken restaurants that close in proximity. People will be ok 51 for days trying to get through.

• Haha
Reactions: ChazzMo
Primanti's is Pedo-owned. Stay far away. Cane's is really good. Enough to backup traffic like Taylor Swift is in town? No. But we Muricans love fast food.
Are you ever right?

Reactions: bdur76
Are you ever right?

I believe the Pedo enablers sold off a few of them but most are Pedo owned.

• Haha
Are you ever right?

As Colonel Henry Blake once told Dr. Frank Burns . "You're always wrong Frank . That's what's so right about you" ...

should I not go to chick fil a because they are Christian owned and by default linked to the Catholic Church who looked away from pedophelia for centuries? Should I not support Hollywood projects because they looked the other way regarding pedophelia, sexual deviance and sexual abuse of women for 100 years? Pretty sure we can find fault with everything and everyone if we tried hard enough. I’ll just keep my patronage of Primanti to a minimum because their food just isn’t very good.

I believe the Pedo enablers sold off a few of them but most are Pedo owned

Reactions: FireballZ
I don’t eat fast food much , but I think the Laynes chicken in Oakland is better than Canes. But there is no denying Canes is immensely popular

should I not go to chick fil a because they are Christian owned and by default linked to the Catholic Church who looked away from pedophelia for centuries? Should I not support Hollywood projects because they looked the other way regarding pedophelia, sexual deviance and sexual abuse of women for 100 years? Pretty sure we can find fault with everything and everyone if we tried hard enough. I’ll just keep my patronage of Primanti to a minimum because their food just isn’t very good.

You are really reaching. Primanti's is owned by a dirtbag Pedo Enabler who outright disrepected one of the best Pitt players ever. Pure scum. But what else would you expect?

• Haha
Perhaps it was because I had higher than normal expectations, but Raising Cane's was extremely mediocre the times that I've tried it.

As Colonel Henry Blake once told Dr. Frank Burns . "You're always wrong Frank . That's what's so right about you" ...

The funny thing is that once again, when someone provides him the evidence that he's wrong he doesn't just say "OK, my bad", he doubles down and still acts like he's right.

Speaking of chicken tenders, I keep seeing these Coen Market convenience stores around. They always advertise their "famous chicken".

Anyone had it?

The content of this entire conversation is quite silly.

I reckon this is what life is like when the standard is way too comfortable.

You should not.
This made me think of a conversation I had with a work colleague recently. He went to a medical continuing education conference held by the Mayo Clinic.
They had a health equity speaker who said that nothing should be named after people because many people are or could be bad. This is based on stuff being formerly named after J Marion Sims. Stuff probably shouldn't be named after him to be fair, but try to spend a day not referring to anything or any place named after someone.
I tried that in surgery and it is impossible to communicate the instrument names, and asking for the "previously known as Kocher clamp" etc wastes time.
So I asked my colleague if he went to the microphone for comments afterwards to ask if the Mayo Clinic was changing their name. But he's either gutless or socially appropriate and didn't do it. He really let me down.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I give carriage ride tours of the Century 3 Mall historical district on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I will have to reschedule this week. My horses don't like too much commotion.
76d993a2bf57d2146bbe5e86244a3e1f.png

Speaking of chicken tenders, I keep seeing these Coen Market convenience stores around. They always advertise their "famous chicken".

Anyone had it?
I have not, but gas station chicken can be surprisingly good. We have Royal Farms here in MD and it’s solid. No idea how Coen compares. But speaking of Coen - anyone remember Cogo’s? Not sure how long they’ve been gone by now but I’ve noticed in the times I’ve come back to Pittsburgh they seem to be in spots where Cogo’s used to be.

Reactions: Faix87
I have not, but gas station chicken can be surprisingly good. We have Royal Farms here in MD and it’s solid. No idea how Coen compares. But speaking of Coen - anyone remember Cogo’s? Not sure how long they’ve been gone by now but I’ve noticed in the times I’ve come back to Pittsburgh they seem to be in spots where Cogo’s used to be.
They renamed the company/stores

Reactions: str61166
I don’t get the fascination with a chicken tender Chain
What are you , 8 year olds ?
You should stop in the next time a new movie comes out from DC or Marvel Universe....Detailed, while at the same time nuanced, discussions related to Bruce Wayne's choice of pocket square and what it might mean going forward......

• Haha
Cane's has some awesome chicken fingers. And Cane's sauce is pretty good. My wife tells me the sweet tea is great (I rarely drink sugary drinks). Where Cane's fails is that they have no other options for sauce. They are basically sauce fascists. I prefer a variety of sauces like Zaxby's or Slim Chickens (admittedly, the chicken isn't as good at those places though). They are much more democratic when it comes to sauce.

Having said all that - Canes is ridiculously popular. They are the only place where anyone has ever threatened me in a drive through. Seriously. Before they put one in my town, my kids wanted it so I drove 20 minutes to get there and the line was about 30 cars deep. No joke. Keep in mind that this was during the height of the Covid pandemic when restaurants were take out only. They had a method for everyone to follow with cones set up and signs. Everyone was decent and patient. Except this one dude. I watched him leave the parking lot and reenter in through the exit and sit at a spot where he thought he could sneak into the line. He chose to make his move in front of me. I sped up and cut him off and then laid on the horn and flipped him the bird. Unrolled my window and told him to get to the back of the line. He puts the car in park and gets out and circles back behind his truck, which was so close to my car that he couldn't fit in between. My son was with me. I looked at him and said "you've never seen me do this before, but I can't let this guy bully us. So I got out of my car, while everyone in the lot was looking on. I was in the right so I was sure that someone would come to my aid if I needed it. Well, turns out I didn't need it. When he reappeared from behind his truck he was about 5'2" and wearing cowboy boots, a cowboy hat and a giant belt buckle. And all of about 120 lbs. The boots and belt buckle probably weighed more than he did. Keep in mind, I'm 6'3" & 225 and was in ok shape at that point because I was working out a ton out of covid boredom. I started to laugh when I saw him. Literally. I didn't want to because it could inflame the situation, but I couldn't help myself. He said something to the effect of "go ahead and hit me" to which I just continued to laugh. Then in between laughter, I told him that there was a line and a process and it was rude of him to try to push his way in. Said I wouldn't fight him because it wasn't worth it, but I would defend myself if he tried to fight me. And reminded him that he is the one who got out of his car first. I also let him know there was a parking lot full of witnesses that he just tried to cut in front of. He backed down. Went back to his truck, backed up and pulled into a parking spot. He sat there for a few minutes. He then proceeded to get out. I hadn't even noticed but he had his wife and 2 small kids in the car. They all got out and started to walk to the restaurant. I was very close to the entrance doors at that point (the drive thru line went right by them shortly before the ordering area). I just looked at my son and said "watch this". He gets his whole family to door and starts pulling on it. It is locked because of covid. Only the drive thru was open. My son and I started laughing uncontrollably again. I was tempted to unroll my window and razz him, but thought better of it. Didn't want to see him further embarrassed in front of his family.

To this day, when I go to Canes and come home with the food, my son asks me "were there any angry little cowboys there?"

Honestly, wasn't my proudest moment. I was kind of ashamed that I flipped him the bird and then got out of my car. I am pretty much the opposite of confrontational and a pacifist when it comes to interpersonal interactions. But it was a stressful period for everyone and I wasn't going to put up with it. And I'm sure his kids had badgered him to go to Cane's and he was frustrated by the wait.

I try to avoid them all because the food is pretty terrible and very expensive.

Reactions: caleco's
Cane's has some awesome chicken fingers. And Cane's sauce is pretty good. My wife tells me the sweet tea is great (I rarely drink sugary drinks). Where Cane's fails is that they have no other options for sauce. They are basically sauce fascists. I prefer a variety of sauces like Zaxby's or Slim Chickens (admittedly, the chicken isn't as good at those places though). They are much more democratic when it comes to sauce.

Having said all that - Canes is ridiculously popular. They are the only place where anyone has ever threatened me in a drive through. Seriously. Before they put one in my town, my kids wanted it so I drove 20 minutes to get there and the line was about 30 cars deep. No joke. Keep in mind that this was during the height of the Covid pandemic when restaurants were take out only. They had a method for everyone to follow with cones set up and signs. Everyone was decent and patient. Except this one dude. I watched him leave the parking lot and reenter in through the exit and sit at a spot where he thought he could sneak into the line. He chose to make his move in front of me. I sped up and cut him off and then laid on the horn and flipped him the bird. Unrolled my window and told him to get to the back of the line. He puts the car in park and gets out and circles back behind his truck, which was so close to my car that he couldn't fit in between. My son was with me. I looked at him and said "you've never seen me do this before, but I can't let this guy bully us. So I got out of my car, while everyone in the lot was looking on. I was in the right so I was sure that someone would come to my aid if I needed it. Well, turns out I didn't need it. When he reappeared from behind his truck he was about 5'2" and wearing cowboy boots, a cowboy hat and a giant belt buckle. And all of about 120 lbs. The boots and belt buckle probably weighed more than he did. Keep in mind, I'm 6'3" & 225 and was in ok shape at that point because I was working out a ton out of covid boredom. I started to laugh when I saw him. Literally. I didn't want to because it could inflame the situation, but I couldn't help myself. He said something to the effect of "go ahead and hit me" to which I just continued to laugh. Then in between laughter, I told him that there was a line and a process and it was rude of him to try to push his way in. Said I wouldn't fight him because it wasn't worth it, but I would defend myself if he tried to fight me. And reminded him that he is the one who got out of his car first. I also let him know there was a parking lot full of witnesses that he just tried to cut in front of. He backed down. Went back to his truck, backed up and pulled into a parking spot. He sat there for a few minutes. He then proceeded to get out. I hadn't even noticed but he had his wife and 2 small kids in the car. They all got out and started to walk to the restaurant. I was very close to the entrance doors at that point (the drive thru line went right by them shortly before the ordering area). I just looked at my son and said "watch this". He gets his whole family to door and starts pulling on it. It is locked because of covid. Only the drive thru was open. My son and I started laughing uncontrollably again. I was tempted to unroll my window and razz him, but thought better of it. Didn't want to see him further embarrassed in front of his family.

To this day, when I go to Canes and come home with the food, my son asks me "were there any angry little cowboys there?"

Honestly, wasn't my proudest moment. I was kind of ashamed that I flipped him the bird and then got out of my car. I am pretty much the opposite of confrontational and a pacifist when it comes to interpersonal interactions. But it was a stressful period for everyone and I wasn't going to put up with it. And I'm sure his kids had badgered him to go to Cane's and he was frustrated by the wait.
If it’s a good chicken finger, you don’t need any sauce to go with it

Reactions: Pitt1975
You should stop in the next time a new movie comes out from DC or Marvel Universe....Detailed, while at the same time nuanced, discussions related to Bruce Wayne's choice of pocket square and what it might mean going forward......
It’s fast food chicken fingers
What discussion is required ?
Every damn fast food place has them

Its garbage heavily breaded run of the mill chicken fingers

I thought there was more to it than that. Like one partner in CoGos divested and started the Coens instead or something like that.
I wasn't sure exactly how it all went down. Here is an article:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT