ADVERTISEMENT

OT.. What would you do if your drafting for the Steelers

Yeah I figured it had to be this year’s 1. Fairly steep price but we got the guy we wanted. Hurts not having a pick til 3rd round now.
We have 2 picks in the 3rd and 3 picks in the 6th. Maybe they trade one of the 3rd round picks and a 6th to move back into the 2nd or something along those lines.

Reactions: BiggCliff412
A 6th round pick is only moving you a couple spots, not getting back into the 2nd round. At least they kept both 3rd rounders this year, would like to get a WR and a DB.

Good players at weak draft positions get overvalued all the time.

Of course they do, supply and demand. But that doesn't mean it's every player, every draft, or every position...or even MOST of the time. Look at CB and WR pool and picks of round 1 as an example

Last edited:
The dumbest thing they could do would be moving up to take a LB in a year when the LB crop is bad. The two guys being mentioned are only going where they are because there is nobody else.

I like the Dexter Lawrence suggestion, you might be able trade down and still get him. Or, trade down and see who drops as a WR, TE, CB, S, etc..

And that’s exactly what they did, however, I love the pick, they were missing Shazier so much they needed a speed replacement, and he’s a great fit.

Reactions: McKee Place
Here’s how one fan saw the pick and the Steelers’ biggest draft needs. Can you tell he’s not a Pitt fan? :)

“Stupid move by the Steelers. Their biggest need is a NFL caliber running back. They should have drafted Miles Sanders in the first round. They need a replacement for the lead footed, perpetually injured, pitt-trained Connor. It is more than a coincidence that the Steelers missed the playoffs when they committed to Connor. He is a courageous person with an inspiring story but has been on losing teams everywhere he has played. Connor should get on with his life's work as a motivational speaker. Sanders would have filled the Steelers biggest need.”

Here’s how one fan saw the pick and the Steelers’ biggest draft needs. Can you tell he’s not a Pitt fan? :)

“Stupid move by the Steelers. Their biggest need is a NFL caliber running back. They should have drafted Miles Sanders in the first round. They need a replacement for the lead footed, perpetually injured, pitt-trained Connor. It is more than a coincidence that the Steelers missed the playoffs when they committed to Connor. He is a courageous person with an inspiring story but has been on losing teams everywhere he has played. Connor should get on with his life's work as a motivational speaker. Sanders would have filled the Steelers biggest need.”
This got left off: "I also think pedophilia should be legal."

Reactions: Parkview57

He wouldn’t mind his team getting some youth in the locker room.

We all know one of these guys.

And that’s exactly what they did, however, I love the pick, they were missing Shazier so much they needed a speed replacement, and he’s a great fit.

Shazier was bigger, faster, and a better player in college. Shazier had more TFLs in his last season at OSU than Bush had in his career. He was also drafted 5 spots later.

I sure hope it works out, but I'll temper my expectations.

Shazier was bigger, faster, and a better player in college. Shazier had more TFLs in his last season at OSU than Bush had in his career. He was also drafted 5 spots later.

I sure hope it works out, but I'll temper my expectations.

Didnt Shazier play alot more on the outside at O$U?

Being older and jaded, I don't particularly care like I used to, other than the hope that they don't take Miles Sanders and set off a local media circle jerk that he'll replace Conner. So I have high confidence that'll exactly happen.
Whew. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT