5 @Bethlehemjohn - BRIAN SHORTER
6 @CougarClaws - CARL KRAUSER
7 @4Mark_Marty - VONTEEGO CUMMINGS
8 @BballinsiderfromPitt - RICARDO GREER
9 @Ajntrw - BRANDIN KNIGHT
10 @TheSpecialSauce - JEROME LANE
11 @iMissTheOldDayss - LEVANCE FIELDS
12 @pittchagg - CHEVON TROUTMAN
13 @recruitsreadtheseboards - CAM FRIGGIN JOHNSON!
14 @Fsgolfdr - JASON MATHEWS
15 @thirteenNINE - BRAD WANNAMAKER
16 @Ski11585 - AARON GRAY

ROUND TWO
17 @Ski11585 - LAMAR PATTERSON
18 @thirteenNINE - ASHTON GIBBS
19 @Fsgolfdr - MIKE YOUNG
20 @recruitsreadtheseboards - ERIC MOBLEY
21 @pittchagg - JURON BROWN
22 @iMissTheOldDayss - JULIUS PAGE
23 @TheSpecialSauce - CHRIS TAFT
24 @Ajntrw - ISAAC HAWKINS
25 @BballinsiderfromPitt - BOBBY MARTIN
26 @4Mark_Marty - DARREN MORNINGSTAR
27 @CougarClaws - TALIB ZANNA
28 @Bethlehemjohn - JERRY MCCULLOUGH
29 @Joe the Panther Fan - JAIME PETERSON
30 @Sean Miller Fan - SEAN MILLER
31 @DT_PITT - JAMEL ARTIS
32 @fkthomas - XAVIER JOHNSON

ROUND THREE
33 @fkthomas - DEMETRIUS GORE
34 @DT_PITT - TRAY WOODALL
35 @Sean Miller Fan - STEVE ADAMS
36 @Joe the Panther Fan - JAMES ROBINSON
37 @Bethlehemjohn - JARED WILSON FRAME
38 @CougarClaws - GILBERT BROWN
39 @4Mark_Marty - CURTIS AIKEN
40 @BballinsiderfromPitt - DARRELLE PORTER
41 @Ajntrw AU'DIESE TONEY
42 @TheSpecialSauce ANDRE ALDRIDGE
43 @iMissTheOldDayss NASIR ROBINSON
44 @pittchagg ONTARIO LETT
45 @recruitsreadtheseboards CHRIS MCNEAL
46 @Fsgolfdr RONALD RAMON
47 @thirteenNINE ROD BROOKIN
48 @Ski11585 TREY MCGOWENS

ROUND FOUR
49 @Ski11585 JASON MAILE
50 @thirteenNINE JUSTIN CHAMPAGNIE
51 @Fsgolfdr GARY MCGHEE
52 @recruitsreadtheseboards MARCUS CARR
53 @pittchagg ANTONIO GRAVES
54 @iMissTheOldDayss ORLANDO ANTIGUA
55 @TheSpecialSauce MIKE COOK
56 @Ajntrw CAM WRIGHT
57 @BballinsiderfromPitt DONATAS ZAVACKAS
58 @4Mark_Marty ANTOINE JONES
59 @CougarClaws CHAD VARGA
60 @Bethlehemjohn JERMAINE DIXON
61 @Joe the Panther Fan CHRIS GANT
62 @Sean Miller Fan MARK BLOUNT
63 @DT_PITT JARRET LOCKHART
64 @fkthomas RYAN LUTHER

ROUND FIVE
65 @fkthomas PARKER STEWART
66 @DT_PITT SHELDON JETER
67 @Sean Miller Fan KEITH BENJAMIN
68 @Joe the Panther Fan - GARRICK THOMAS
69 @Bethlehemjohn - CHRIS SEABROOKS
70 @CougarClaws - KELLIE TAYLOR
71 @4Mark_Marty - GHANDI JORDAN
72 @BballinsiderfromPitt - CHRIS JONES
73 @Ajntrw - ATILLA COSBY
74 @TheSpecialSauce - GEORGE ALLEN
75 @iMissTheOldDayss - KEITH ARMSTRONG
76 @pittchagg - MIKE GOODSON
77 @recruitsreadtheseboards - DURAND JOHNSON
78 @Fsgolfdr - JJ MOORE
79 @thirteenNINE - ANDRE WILLIAMS
80 @Ski11585 - LEVON KENDALL

ROUND SIX
81 @Ski11585 - DARRYL SHEPARD
82 @Fsgolfdr - TRENT JOHNSON
83 @recruitsreadtheseboards AHMED SHAREEF
84 @pittchagg - TYRELL BIGGS
85 @thirteenNINE - DANTE TAYLOR
86 @iMissTheOldDayss KHEM BIRCH
87 @TheSpecialSauce - SHAMIEL STEVENSON
88 @Ajntrw - YURI DEMETRIS
89 @4Mark_Marty - RYAN MURPHY
92 @BballinsiderfromPitt - TORREEEE MORRISSSS
90 @CougarClaws CHIP WATKINS
91 @Bethlehemjohn WILLIE CAULEY
93 @Joe the Panther Fan BILLY CULBERSON
94 @Sean Miller Fan - CHAD JOHNSON
95 @DT_PITT - JOSH NEWKIRK
96 @fkthomas MALIK ELLISON

Unless I missed someone, the highest scoring average among players who did not get picked was 6.1 ppg by both Sotiris Aggelou and Marlon Rymes. The highest rebounding average that did not get picked was, believe it or not, Terrell Brown's 4.5 rpg. The highest assist average that did not get picked was Jeremy Holmes at 4.2 apg.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Unless I missed someone, the highest scoring average among players who did not get picked was 6.1 ppg by both Sotiris Aggelou and Marlon Rymes. The highest rebounding average that did not get picked was, believe it or not, Terrell Brown's 4.5 rpg. The highest assist average that did not get picked was Jeremy Holmes at 4.2 apg.

I looked at Rhymes, Aggelou and Holmes. Newkirk's numbers were pretty much the same, but I simply felt he was the better player than any of the three.

Aggelou proved he was overmatched at the Big East level and ended up as an unremarkable player at St. Francis. Rhymes was just not a very good player and only scored points but he started letting threes fly the moment he got into a game, and not at a good rate.

Holmes was OK, but I just think Newkirk was a little bit better.

And I just couldn't bring myself to draft Terrell.

I looked at Rhymes, Aggelou and Holmes. Newkirk's numbers were pretty much the same, but I simply felt he was the better player than any of the three.

Aggelou proved he was overmatched at the Big East level and ended up as an unremarkable player at St. Francis. Rhymes was just not a very good player and only scored points but he started letting threes fly the moment he got into a game, and not at a good rate.

Holmes was OK, but I just think Newkirk was a little bit better.

Aggelou averaged 11.9, 3.0, 1.9 as a junior at St. Francis. If he could have done that at Pitt we'd have had something. Although he was a truly awful defender. As a senior his raw numbers went down, 7.7, 2.4, 1.4, but his shooting percentages were pretty good, 47.2% on twos and 37.9% on threes. But far better than what he did for us.

Newkirk was about as good as you could get. If you were looking for a small then I would have been picking between him, Holmes and maybe Sidy N'dir.

Aggelou averaged 11.9, 3.0, 1.9 as a junior at St. Francis. If he could have done that at Pitt we'd have had something. Although he was a truly awful defender. As a senior his raw numbers went down, 7.7, 2.4, 1.4, but his shooting percentages were pretty good, 47.2% on twos and 37.9% on threes. But far better than what he did for us.

Newkirk was about as good as you could get. If you were looking for a small then I would have been picking between him, Holmes and maybe Sidy N'dir.

I remember watching Maile and Aggelou during their first year and thought maybe Aggelou would be the better player in the long run, which of course didn't happen.

Tyrell Biggs. Starter on the best Pitt team of all time. How is he still on the board?
I looked at his stats and they are mediocre. He is one of the guys that are victimized by the "just the stats" thing, because he played on a great team and was often the 4th or 5th option. While you had alot lesser players be on alot lesser teams who had access to alot better stats.

I looked at his stats and they are mediocre. He is one of the guys that are victimized by the "just the stats" thing, because he played on a great team and was often the 4th or 5th option. While you had alot lesser players be on alot lesser teams who had access to alot better stats.

The 94/95 team is a great example of this. You have guys like Andre Aldridge and Chris Gant who weren't very good but have good counting stats because someone on that team had to, then you're comparing them to players like Tyrell who were undoubtedly better players but whose counting stats just don't match up. Clearly it's up to the voters to determine what they value, so that should be interesting.

The 94/95 team is a great example of this. You have guys like Andre Aldridge and Chris Gant who weren't very good but have good counting stats because someone on that team had to, then you're comparing them to players like Tyrell who were undoubtedly better players but whose counting stats just don't match up. Clearly it's up to the voters to determine what they value, so that should be interesting.
Chris Gant was actually pretty good — maybe pretty close or equal to Biggs. He didn’t have a jumper like Biggs but he was tougher finishing on the block.

But Aldridge definitely fits the category you are describing.

Chris Gant was actually pretty good — maybe pretty close or equal to Biggs. He didn’t have a jumper like Biggs but he was tougher finishing on the block.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you could have watched them both play and think that Biggs is "undoubtably better".

Which is what is going to be a problem for some of us who have lots of players on their teams from before many people here watched them play. Guys are just going to get discounted in favor of players that people did see. For instance I think the perfect example of that is Sam Young versus Clyde Vaughan. Everyone here saw Young. Many did not see Vaughan. I'll bet nearly all of those people who didn't see Vaughan would think that Young was the better player. They'd be wrong. Vaughan did everything that Young did (well, except that sweet pump fake) and he did it all a little better.

We have another thread here asking who would be the next player to have their number retired. I think it's quite telling that the player who is the second leading scorer with the fourth highest scoring average who also has the fifth most rebounds in school history (even though he spent most of his time playing the three) wasn't even one of the choices given.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you could have watched them both play and think that Biggs is "undoubtably better".

Which is what is going to be a problem for some of us who have lots of players on their teams from before many people here watched them play. Guys are just going to get discounted in favor of players that people did see. For instance I think the perfect example of that is Sam Young versus Clyde Vaughan. Everyone here saw Young. Many did not see Vaughan. I'll bet nearly all of those people who didn't see Vaughan would think that Young was the better player. They'd be wrong. Vaughan did everything that Young did (well, except that sweet pump fake) and he did it all a little better.

We have another thread here asking who would be the next player to have their number retired. I think it's quite telling that the player who is the second leading scorer with the fourth highest scoring average who also has the fifth most rebounds in school history (even though he spent most of his time playing the three) wasn't even one of the choices given.
Vaughan had a better career than Young. Clyde would definitely be in our Top 5 of the Big East/ACC era. Jerome Lane would be in the Top 5 as well. I cannot believe he dropped to me at #10 in the 1st round.

Vaughan had a better career than Young. Clyde would definitely be in our Top 5 of the Big East/ACC era. Jerome Lane would be in the Top 5 as well. I cannot believe he dropped to me at #10 in the 1st round.
I loved watching Jerome play , he was relentless on the boards . His offense was around the rim with a lot of put backs . It always seemed like he was padding his rebound total by missing the first or even 2nd put
back !

Jerome made the play that put Pitt bb on the map , I was there and it was a moment that makes going to the games an experience that can never be replaced even if they get 3D TVs .

As good as Jerome was Brian Shorter was even better , his offense around the rim against much taller players was astounding.

Hopefully as Pitt climbs out of this hole they’re in JC can convince players like Shorter , Lane and Smith back to Pitt .

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
I loved watching Jerome play , he was relentless on the boards . His offense was around the rim with a lot of put backs . It always seemed like he was padding his rebound total by missing the first or even 2nd put
back !

Jerome made the play that put Pitt bb on the map , I was there and it was a moment that makes going to the games an experience that can never be replaced even if they get 3D TVs .

As good as Jerome was Brian Shorter was even better , his offense around the rim against much taller players was astounding.

Hopefully as Pitt climbs out of this hole they’re in JC can convince players like Shorter , Lane and Smith back to Pitt .
Shorter had more offensive moves, but Lane was a far better rebounder and overall athlete. Shorter also shot the ball a lot more than Lane.

Shorter had more offensive moves, but Lane was a far better rebounder and overall athlete. Shorter also shot the ball a lot more than Lane.
Jerome was far and away the best rebounder in the history of Pitt bb with Sam Clancy and Blair a tossup for a close second . Shorter made shots around the basket that defied logic and he keep doing it . He was a special player until he got ill his senior yr . Had he been eligible his first yr Pitt wins a national championship. If Jerome would’ve had the offensive skills of BS he’d have been a superstar in the NBA . If I had to choose between Jerome and Brain I’m going with BS , but I’d love to have another Jerome Lane in a Panther uniform .

Jerome was far and away the best rebounder in the history of Pitt bb with Sam Clancy and Blair a tossup for a close second . Shorter made shots around the basket that defied logic and he keep doing it . He was a special player until he got ill his senior yr . Had he been eligible his first yr Pitt wins a national championship. If Jerome would’ve had the offensive skills of BS he’d have been a superstar in the NBA . If I had to choose between Jerome and Brain I’m going with BS , but I’d love to have another Jerome Lane in a Panther uniform .
Agree totally. Jerome is the best rebounder Pitt has ever had, including Blair. However, Shorter was a better overall player than Jerome and like you said, if he was eligible as a Frosh, we would have been tough to beat. We had already beaten eventual National Championship winner, Kansas, earlier that year.

Agree totally. Jerome is the best rebounder Pitt has ever had, including Blair. However, Shorter was a better overall player than Jerome and like you said, if he was eligible as a Frosh, we would have been tough to beat. We had already beaten eventual National Championship winner, Kansas, earlier that year.
Frontline of Smith , Lane and Shorter whew !

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn

I think Blair was a better rebounder than Lane.

Reactions: TWPitt

I honestly think Blair was better, but they were both amazing. I think we go to the Final Four in 1988 if just Brookin doesn't flunk out.

Jerome was far and away the best rebounder in the history of Pitt bb

WRONG. Blair was better and the numbers back this up. Lane had his best rebounding season as a Soph with an avg of 15.6 rebounds per 40 minutes which is great. But Blair blows him out of the water with his Soph season where he avg 18.4 per 40 minutes.

Let me go in to more detail how dominant a rebounder Blair was. I did a quick search of the modern when the 3pt shot started (this was Lanes Soph year) and only 2 power conference players had a season where they averaged over 18 rebounds per 40 minutes...Blair & SHAQ! There were a few non power conf players to do this but of course they played against far easier comp.

Blair’s 8.3 offensive rebounds per 40 as a Soph are the best in the modern era for any power conf player. If Blair would have stayed 4 years he was on pace to pass Tim Duncan as the BEST rebounder of the modern era. Blair only played 26 min per game while Duncan played 35. BTW Blair averaged more rebounds per game for his career than Lane while playing 6 minutes less per game. I already stated how Blair dominates Lane in per 40 rebounds. Case closed.

Last edited:
WRONG. Blair was better and the numbers back this up. Lane had his best rebounding season as a Soph with an avg of 15.6 rebounds per 40 minutes which is great. But Blair blows him out of the water with his Soph season where he avg 18.4 per 40 minutes.

Let me go in to more detail how dominant a rebounder Blair was. I did a quick search of the modern when the 3pt shot started (this was Lanes Soph year) and only 2 power conference players had a season where they averaged over 18 rebounds per 40 minutes...Blair & SHAQ! There were a few non power conf players to do this but of course they played against far easier comp.

Blair’s 8.3 offensive rebounds per 40 as a Soph are the best in the modern era for any power conf player. If Blair would have stayed 4 years he was on pace to pass Tim Duncan as the BEST rebounder of the modern era. Blair only played 26 min per game while Duncan played 35. BTW Blair averaged more rebounds per game for his career than Lane while playing 6 minutes less per game. I already stated how Blair dominates Lane in per 40 rebounds. Case closed.
I’m not going to argue that Blair wasn’t a great rebounder , but stats don’t always tell you everything . There’s many factors involved , like whose on your team , how good does your team shoot as well as your opponents, how good are the teams your playing against etc . If you wish to believe Blair was better go with it I’ll believe Lane was better ( but not by much ) Sam Clancy was also in the conversation . His stats are better than both according to sports - reference .com

I’m not going to argue that Blair wasn’t a great rebounder , but stats don’t always tell you everything . There’s many factors involved , like whose on your team , how good does your team shoot as well as your opponents, how good are the teams your playing against etc . If you wish to believe Blair was better go with it I’ll believe Lane was better ( but not by much ) Sam Clancy was also in the conversation . His stats are better than both according to sports - reference .com

You won’t argue because you can’t back up what you have to say. First off Clancy did not have better rebounding stats. 1.) he played in a much easier conference. 2.) he averaged 12.5 rebounds per 40 min which is actually worse than Lane and way worse than Blair’s 18.4!

As far as Lane I gave you tons of evidence to back it up. Per 40 min Blair destroys Lane. And Blair still wins per game despite playing 6 min less per game.

And if you want to try to bring in other factors such as team or comp Blair wins as well. Blair played on a better rebounding team meaning he had to fight off more teammates for rebounds. They both played in the Big East but Blair played a tougher scheduled just look at the SOS and you will see. The Big East when Lane played only had 9 teams meanwhile when Blair played in the Big East it had 16 teams.

I’ll give you SOS so you don’t have to look it up. Lanes team 7.2 and Blair’s team 8.6. So Blair played against a tougher schedule and had to fight off more teammates on a better rebounding team for boards.

Any way you want to argue Blair wins. Try and provide some actual evidence to back up an argument instead of just an uninformed opinion.

You won’t argue because you can’t back up what you have to say. First off Clancy did not have better rebounding stats. 1.) he played in a much easier conference. 2.) he averaged 12.5 rebounds per 40 min which is actually worse than Lane and way worse than Blair’s 18.4!

As far as Lane I gave you tons of evidence to back it up. Per 40 min Blair destroys Lane. And Blair still wins per game despite playing 6 min less per game.

And if you want to try to bring in other factors such as team or comp Blair wins as well. Blair played on a better rebounding team meaning he had to fight off more teammates for rebounds. They both played in the Big East but Blair played a tougher scheduled just look at the SOS and you will see. The Big East when Lane played only had 9 teams meanwhile when Blair played in the Big East it had 16 teams.

I’ll give you SOS so you don’t have to look it up. Lanes team 7.2 and Blair’s team 8.6. So Blair played against a tougher schedule and had to fight off more teammates on a better rebounding team for boards.

Any way you want to argue Blair wins. Try and provide some actual evidence to back up an argument instead of just an uninformed opinion.
I’m not basing my life or anything else solely on stats . I watch the games and form my opinions on what I see . Your entitled to only use stats to form your opinions , it is America after all . Did you personally see Lane or Big Sam play ? I think Sam might be one of few guys who could have ripped the ball out of Blair’s hands . They’re all great rebounders my fav is Jerome . A guy no one mentions is Melvin Bennett out of Peabody . He only played a yr at Pitt , but what a leaper and rebounder he was , had he stayed longer he’d be in the conversation .

Interesting that 3/4 best rebounders in Pitt bb history are city league guys !

Has there ever been a more unstoppable player in pro bb than Wilt , he holds 72 individual records and averaged over 22 rebounds per game , but Dennis Rodman had a higher TRB% than Wilt . Was he a better rebounder than Wilt ? I don’t think so .

In college Fb , has there ever been a better running back than TD ? Well Ron Dayne is the all time leading rusher , is he better ? He gained more yards and had a higher yds/ attempt .

Use stats all you want , but don’t forget to watch the game !

I’m not basing my life or anything else solely on stats . I watch the games and form my opinions on what I see . Your entitled to only use stats to form your opinions , it is America after all . Did you personally see Lane or Big Sam play ? I think Sam might be one of few guys who could have ripped the ball out of Blair’s hands . They’re all great rebounders my fav is Jerome . A guy no one mentions is Melvin Bennett out of Peabody . He only played a yr at Pitt , but what a leaper and rebounder he was , had he stayed longer he’d be in the conversation .

Has there ever been a more unstoppable player in pro bb than Wilt , he holds 72 individual records and averaged over 22 rebounds per game , but Dennis Rodman had a higher TRB% than Wilt . Was he a better rebounder than Wilt ? I don’t think so .

In college Fb , has there ever been a better running back than TD ? Well Ron Dayne is the all time leading rusher , is he better ? He gained more yards and had a higher yds/ attempt .

I watched both and strictly on the eye test, I give Blair a clear edge. But both were quite extraordinary.

I have played, coached, scouted, trained etc the game at different levels. Have coached many guys who play or have played pro ball...guarantee I have more BB experience than you though I’m younger. Saw most of Lanes games. Was at the game where he broke the backboard as a kid (still have a piece of the glass).

Lane was very good but if he went head to head vs Blair for a rebound my $ are on Blair. Blair was used to going against taller and longer guys (that would not be Lane). Lane was 6’ 6” and Blair 6’5 1/2 with a much longer reach. Lane was 230 Blair came into Pitt around 300 and played his Soph year about 285-290 (Forget what they say his program weight was). Blair had 55 to 60 pounds on Lane of pure brute strength. NO one could stop Blair when he wanted to get a rebound especially and O rebound.

But forget both of our words I’ll go by Jim Calhoun who knows a thing or 2 about Big East BB and he said Blair was the best rebounder he ever went up against! As we know Calhoun coached against both guys. We know he is a scumbag like many coaches but he knows the game as well as or better than most. Would love to hear you argue against Calhoun.

As far as Sam I’ll take the word of my uncle who played against him in HS and against him in college at the D1 level. My uncle said Sam was a beast. Then my uncle saw Blair play and he said he never thought he would see Pitt have a more physical player and better rebounder than Sam until he saw Blair play.

Last edited:
I watched both and strictly on the eye test, I give Blair a clear edge. But both were quite extraordinary.
Blair was definitely the more physical of the two , but Jeromes instincts were off the charts . I just hope some day Pitt will have someone else to compare to either one of those two .

Now if I was starting a team from scratch I’d pick Blair over Lane . Blair was much more than a great rebounder . If I had a great center I’d rather have Jerome . If I’m allowed to take any Pitt player and combine him with a great center I’d take Brian Shorter . If Shorter had stayed healthy and was just a little taller he’d have been an All Pro in the NBA.
I know you think Rod Brookin was the key to that 87 team , but had Shorter been eligible no one would’ve beaten them with Smith ,Lane and Shorter in the front court .

Blair was definitely the more physical of the two , but Jeromes instincts were off the charts . I just hope some day Pitt will have someone else to compare to either one of those two .

Now if I was starting a team from scratch I’d pick Blair over Lane . Blair was much more than a great rebounder . If I had a great center I’d rather have Jerome . If I’m allowed to take any Pitt player and combine him with a great center I’d take Brian Shorter . If Shorter had stayed healthy and was just a little taller he’d have been an All Pro in the NBA.
I know you think Rod Brookin was the key to that 87 team , but had Shorter been eligible no one would’ve beaten them with Smith ,Lane and Shorter in the front court .
No doubt about Shorter on that team.
But I kinda write off Shorter since he was never eligible to begin with. Brookin blew it!

Plus Rod brought an element of shooting that would have made that team next to impossible to beat.

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
I have played, coached, scouted, trained etc the game at different levels. Have coached many guys who play or have played pro ball...guarantee I have more BB experience than you though I’m younger. Saw most of Lanes games. Was at the game where he broke the backboard as a kid (still have a piece of the glass).

Lane was very good but if he went head to head vs Blair for a rebound my $ are on Blair. Blair was used to going against taller and longer guys (that would not be Lane). Lane was 6’ 6” and Blair 6’5 1/2 with a much longer reach. Lane was 230 Blair came into Pitt around 300 and played his Soph year about 285-290 (Forget what they say his program weight was). Blair had 55 to 60 pounds on Lane of pure brute strength. NO one could stop Blair when he wanted to get a rebound especially and O rebound.

But forget both of our words I’ll go by Jim Calhoun who knows a thing or 2 about Big East BB and he said Blair was the best rebounder he ever went up against! As we know Calhoun coached against both guys. We know he is a scumbag like many coaches but he knows the game as well as or better than most. Would love to hear you argue against Calhoun.

As far as Sam I’ll take the word of my uncle who played against him in HS and against him in college at the D1 level. My uncle said Sam was a beast. Then my uncle saw Blair play and he said he never thought he would see Pitt have a more physical player and better rebounder than Sam until he saw Blair play.
It would’ve been quite the show Sam vs Blair . Clancy was strong enough to play D line in the NFL without ever playing any college ball .
Jerome was a different rebounder than Blair , Jerome was a strong athletic guy , but Blair was just a physical beast ( in a complimentary way ! ) . Jerome was just one of those guys who knew where to be and then made the play . Like I said above I’d start my team with D Blair who was a more valuable player than Jerome , but if I already had a great center I’d take Jerome on my team over Blair .
Blair could manhandle Dennis Rodman , but was he a better rebounder than Rodman ? Strength isn’t everything .Instinct , timing , jumping ability ,quickness all count .

We’re disagreeing over whose prettier the blonde or the brunette, beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

No doubt about Shorter on that team.
But I kinda write off Shorter since he was never eligible to begin with. Brookin blew it!

Plus Rod brought an element of shooting that would have made that team next to impossible to beat.
Can’t argue the point , I wanted Brookin on my team , but someone took him in the round I was going to pick in before I had the chance .

Would be great if some day Pitt gets a rebounder near the level of these 2.

Shorter had a hell of a post game. Wonder what happened to him since he lost his job at Kentucky after getting arrested...

It would’ve been quite the show Sam vs Blair . Clancy was strong enough to play D line in the NFL without ever playing any college ball .
Jerome was a different rebounder than Blair , Jerome was a strong athletic guy , but Blair was just a physical beast ( in a complimentary way ! ) . Jerome was just one of those guys who knew where to be and then made the play . Like I said above I’d start my team with D Blair who was a more valuable player than Jerome , but if I already had a great center I’d take Jerome on my team over Blair .
Blair could manhandle Dennis Rodman , but was he a better rebounder than Rodman ? Strength isn’t everything .Instinct , timing , jumping ability ,quickness all count .

We’re disagreeing over whose prettier the blonde or the brunette, beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

No doubt all great rebounders. Blair was more than just strength (Had excellent instincts, quickness & timing) as the software programs used by NBA & college teams show he was outstanding at rebounding outside of his area. He also had several NBA seasons among the league leaders in rebounds per minute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT