ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Mahomes

Marino did things that just defy logic.

He put up modern #'s working out of 21 personnel, under center, in an era where you could mug receivers, kill qbs, etc.

I honestly think if he played in the past 15 years he'd have a few rings.

I saw a graphic recently that showed most passing yards in first 5 years in the NFL as a measure of Winston’s career to date. I think every QB was within 20 years - Manning, Luck, Winston.. and then Marino. If he was playing now in an offense like Reid’s in KC Marino might throw for 60 scores.

Do me a favor. Find out what % of 3* qb’s with 1 P5 offer made the NFL and then tell me if it’s a good business decision to model my strategy that way.

Also, find out how many 5 star QB’s made it in the NFL.

There were many future stars who had one really solid year only to suck later when teams figured them out or they came back down to reality. Brock Ostweiler and his gigantic payday after a solid year or two of playing. Recent star in the making turned nonstop. Look where he is now.

I say, put in 5 solid years before you crown him the next Marino, Manning, or list a number of greats.

Huge difference between Brock "solid year" Osweiler and Patrick "League MVP" Mahomes.

Look at the MVP QBs of the last 30 years: Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Joe Montana. That's some pretty good company and Mahomes's stats and film, frankly, are as good as or better than any of them.

Reactions: Ski11585
Aaron Rogers had NO D1 offers. Had to goto Junior College. Then he was a 3 start out of Jr College.

I saw a special on him prior to a game a while ago and he does have a chip on his shoulder.

Rogers said he keeps a list of Universities/football programs who rejected him in his wallet as a reminder of how he struggled and worked hard to get where he is.
He did it despite the naysayers.

Not a bad idea!

I was told in HS by guidance people, teachers, and my parents you're not smart enough to go into the major that you want in college and you wont succeed.
Football, and wrestling were more important than academics. Things change.
F - them !
I did anyway, figured out how to succeed.
I kept those comments in my memory, forever, as a "motivator", not my wallet.

Same thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: vietvet1
There were many future stars who had one really solid year only to suck later when teams figured them out or they came back down to reality. Brock Ostweiler and his gigantic payday after a solid year or two of playing. Recent star in the making turned nonstop. Look where he is now.

I say, put in 5 solid years before you crown him the next Marino, Manning, or list a number of greats.
kid has two great years under his belt so I'm not sure what comparing him to a 15 td best season year guy is supposed to mean...

kid has two great years under his belt so I'm not sure what comparing him to a 15 td best season year guy is supposed to mean...

The comment was from December 2018 but it was still laughably bad at the time.

Osweiler's best year was 2,957 (27th), 15 TDs (28th) and 16 INTs (6th).

Mahomes in 13 games last year was 4,300, 43 TDs and 11 INTs. He was 2nd in yards (Ben had almost 100 more attempts tho), 1st in TDs, 1st in TD%, 1st in AY/A, and tied for 1st in QBR.

Mahomes has so far played 1 more game than Osweiler did in his entire career. And yet Mahomes has 2,000 more yards, 40 more TDs, and 13 fewer INTs.

Mahomes first two years are on par with any player's first two years in history. They're not far behind Peyton Manning's best two years ever.

Incredible combo of football, physical skills and football IQ.
Hates to lose.
Mahomes is great for the nfl.

I say dittos for Wilson.

Both are fun to watch.

Reactions: vietvet1
The fix is in...no way he makes that run if the defense is really trying to stop him.
Looked like one of those feel good runs by a kid that is "special."

I can’t Wait to watch Big Ben next year sprinting out if the pocket and running down the side lines like Mahomes. Ben will enter the season at about 270 pounds.

In all seriousness, the game is better because of the young QB’s that are playing. It’s good for the sport.

Why blast me about Mahomes? I only say give him more time. He has to win a Super Bowl first before he enters a certain level. He is good, no doubt, but there are too many great ones ahead of him who have done 10 times more in their careers. The defense today held Tnnessee to shit from the 2nd quarter to the near end. Yes, Mahomes has made great plays, but so has Watkins, Hill and the defense. All I say is, give him more time to really develop a career and get a Super Bowl. If he wins this year, that only adds to his moving up the ladder of great QBs.

Why blast me about Mahomes? I only say give him more time. He has to win a Super Bowl first before he enters a certain level. He is good, no doubt, but there are too many great ones ahead of him who have done 10 times more in their careers. The defense today held Tnnessee to shit from the 2nd quarter to the near end. Yes, Mahomes has made great plays, but so has Watkins, Hill and the defense. All I say is, give him more time to really develop a career and get a Super Bowl. If he wins this year, that only adds to his moving up the ladder of great QBs.
Marino is one of the best, and he never won a Super Bowl. Mahomes is a HOF QB barring injury.

His interview after the game was also impressive. Hard not to root for him!
I root for the guy because he is so damn likable. Even his State Farm commercials don’t annoy me. This year KC has everything go their way. I more excited for Reid getting to the final. McCoy May get a ring this year.

He has won an MVP and been to two AFC championships in two years as a starter. Not much more he can do at this point.

No kidding. We have all the BBQ and steak sauces in the world and he chooses ketchup?? If he puts it on his burnt ends, that’d really start a riot!
steak sauce = ketchup + worchestire sauce....bbq sauce = ketchup + brown sugar + vinegar.... wow, awesome culinary achievements right there and so much more classy and sophisticated than just ketchup...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT