ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Mahomes

then you’ve never eaten a decent steak in your life.
ah, steak snobs second only to beer snobs in their condescension......there is a great steak and there is a great steak + a touch of ketchup = greater steak to some... live and let eat...

does someone putting ketchup on a french fry mean they have never eaten a decent french fry in their life?

Last edited:
ah, steak snobs second only to beer snobs in their condescension......there is a great steak and there is a great steak + a touch of ketchup = greater steak to some... live and let eat...

does someone putting ketchup on a french fry mean they have never eaten a decent french fry in their life?
I like your posts but ketchup is a condiment for kids. Steak, hot dogs, doesn’t matter, grown men don’t eat ketchup.

regarding steak, I like garlic butter and also occasionally Gorgonzola on top.

Reactions: PittInMissouri
I can’t Wait to watch Big Ben next year sprinting out if the pocket and running down the side lines like Mahomes. Ben will enter the season at about 270 pounds.

In all seriousness, the game is better because of the young QB’s that are playing. It’s good for the sport.

I was legit bummed when Andrew Luck retired. Only so many guys on Earth with the skillset to do certain things at a very high level and he was one of them. Now we're down to about 8. Would love to see Mahomes get one because he has a chance to be one of the all time greats.

Reactions: Ski11585
I like your posts but ketchup is a condiment for kids. Steak, hot dogs, doesn’t matter, grown men don’t eat ketchup.

regarding steak, I like garlic butter and also occasionally Gorgonzola on top.
so garlic butter and cheese are grown up add ons...got it..

once again you better not be putting that kiddie stuff on french fries lest you invalidate you position... don't get me started on sophisticated cocktail sauce (ketchup + horseradish)...

Why blast me about Mahomes? I only say give him more time. He has to win a Super Bowl first before he enters a certain level. He is good, no doubt, but there are too many great ones ahead of him who have done 10 times more in their careers. The defense today held Tnnessee to shit from the 2nd quarter to the near end. Yes, Mahomes has made great plays, but so has Watkins, Hill and the defense. All I say is, give him more time to really develop a career and get a Super Bowl. If he wins this year, that only adds to his moving up the ladder of great QBs.

Please stop moving the goalposts. Mahomes won league MVP and might have won again this year if he wasn't hurt. How much more does he need to do?

Here's the list of QBs who have won MVP in the last 40 years that are not in the HoF, by the way:

Brady (1st ballot lock)
Matt Ryan (might be top 5 in yards when he retires so he could get in)
Cam Newton
Rodgers (1st ballot lock)
Peyton Manning (1st ballot lock)
Steve McNair
Rich Gannon
Boomer Esiason
Joe Theismann
Ken Anderson
Brian Sipe

Mahomes is a lot closer to Aaron Rodgers than he is to Brian Sipe.

once again you better not be putting that kiddie stuff on french fries lest you invalidate you position... don't get me started on sophisticated cocktail sauce (ketchup + horseradish)...
No ketchup for fries either. Honestly, when I see an adult male put ketchup on a hot dog, I just shake my head and am saddened at what our culture has become.

A properly cooked, quality cut of steak needs nothing else. That is indisputable. If you feel the need to add something to an expensive steak, then it should be a comparably elegant topping like a seasoned butter, merlot reduction, or what not.

Go ahead and put ketchup on your $2.99/lb butter steak you get at the Giant Eagle. I won't stop you.

French fries are designed to be dipped into something. I'd argue that most steaks are best served with something other than fries, but that is more of a personal preference than a fact.

No ketchup for fries either. Honestly, when I see an adult male put ketchup on a hot dog, I just shake my head and am saddened at what our culture has become.

I'm feeling triggered by this sudden anti-ketchup thing. I have to admit, it was only a few years ago that I learned about hot dogs and how some people are very committed to an anti-ketchup position but I never really understood why.

I need to lay down.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I'm feeling triggered by this sudden anti-ketchup thing. I have to admit, it was only a few years ago that I learned about hot dogs and how some people are very committed to an anti-ketchup position but I never really understood why.

I need to lay down.
I’m anti ketchup. Such a weird stance. I’m not alone though. There are a few of us.

you’d think an adult would have better things to do then worry about what other people eat on their hot dogs. Well news flash, I don’t.

so you eat plain hot dogs and french fries but shake your head at the peculiar eating habits of others?... got it.

I'll cue up the jeopardy music while we wait for the explanation of how mustard is not the equivalent of ketchup and possesses some magical maturity in it...

steak sauce = ketchup + worchestire sauce....bbq sauce = ketchup + brown sugar + vinegar.... wow, awesome culinary achievements right there and so much more classy and sophisticated than just ketchup...
Was more-so meant to be a joke about how people view putting ketchup on steaks and BBQ in Kansas City.

so you eat plain hot dogs and french fries but shake your head at the peculiar eating habits of others?... got it.

I'll cue up the jeopardy music while we wait for the explanation of how mustard is not the equivalent of ketchup and possesses some magical maturity in it...

As others have said... if you want to waste good money on a steak by slathering it in ketchup, that’s on you. Either that or you don’t know how to grill.

As others have said... if you want to waste good money on a steak by slathering it in ketchup, that’s on you. Either that or you don’t know how to grill.
like I said, steak snobs....

why ruin a good steak on the grill as most backyard chef wannabes f it up? Most of the top of the line steakhouses do not use that method...now if you need me to teach you how to age steak for two months in a basement fridge (remember, no peeking and it will be disgusting) and then pan sear in cast iron skillet followed by super high heat broiling I will assist you in that endeavor...

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
like I said, steak snobs....

why ruin a good steak on the grill as most backyard chef wannabes f it up? Most of the top of the line steakhouses do not use that method...now if you need me to teach you how to age steak for two months in a basement fridge (remember, no peeking) and then pan sear in cast iron skillet followed by super high heat broiling I will assist you in that endeavor...

Not thinking you should put ketchup on a steak makes you a steak snob? That’s an awfully low bar to clear. But like I said, it’s your money to waste.

Not thinking you should put ketchup on a steak makes you a steak snob? That’s an awfully low bar to clear. But like I said, it’s your money to waste.
uh, no a guy telling people enjoying their food that the way they are eating it is not correct and they are wasting their money (for reasons unknown) is a steak snob...try to keep up.

so you do not flavor any food with sauces or condiments of any sort? kind of peculiar but who am I to judge.

btw...not only am I dipping in some ketchup I am drinking a PBR (out of a 16 oz can) as I do it...

Last edited:
uh, no a guy telling people enjoying their food that the way they are eating it is not correct and they are wasting their money (for reasons unknown) is a steak snob...try to keep up.

so you do not flavor any food with sauces or condiments of any sort? kind of peculiar but who am I to judge.

btw...not only am I dipping in some ketchup I am drinking a PBR (out of a 16 oz can) as I do it...

Shocked you’d go with PBR. Given your attitude in the locker room I figured you’d boycott any beer even loosely associated with young, left-leaning hipsters.

Ketchup was invented to mask the taste of terrible meat. Why someone would put it on a good piece of meat is beyond me.

Ketchup was invented to mask the taste of terrible meat. Why someone would put it on a good piece of meat is beyond me.
absolutely no historical proof to substantiate that...

same can be said for steak sauce so why pick on good old ketchup.. ...

uh, why is ketchup different in that regard than steak sauce? BBQ sauce? Cocktail sauce?

once again, one is to assume you use no sauce or condiments on anything. correct?

absolutely no historical proof to substantiate that...

same can be said for steak sauce so why pick on good old ketchup.. ...

uh, why is ketchup different in that regard than steak sauce? BBQ sauce? Cocktail sauce?

once again, one is to assume you use no sauce or condiments on anything. correct?

Why do you think Heinz invented ketchup and why do you think it became so popular? It was all of the spoiled and disgusting meat people were eating. Same thing you want to do to steaks in your fridge, so now I understand why you put ketchup on it.

Why do you think Heinz invented ketchup and why do you think it became so popular? It was all of the spoiled and disgusting meat people were eating. Same thing you want to do to steaks in your fridge, so now I understand why you put ketchup on it.
Heinz did not invent ketchup...

Same thing you want to do to steaks in your fridge
,... spoken by the connoisseur who has no idea what aged meat is and how steakhouses produce it. might want to look it up. there is a reason, (other than prime, grade A, angus etc) why steakhouse steaks are so much better than the ones Joe Kowlalski is throwing on the Weber...

Last edited:
Steak is a way to slice a muscle of meat. Not a "cut" of meat.

The same muscle can be left whole for a roast; or sliced as steaks; or, in the case of a fish, it can also be filleted.

So, if one is eating a whole round steak, for example, I'd say load that bitch up with ketchup, steak sauce, or anything else of the sort.

If one is eating a beef tenderloin, short loin, or rib steak, leave the masking agents off.

Heinz did not invent ketchup...

Same thing you want to do to steaks in your fridge
,... spoken by the connoisseur who has no idea what aged meat is and how steakhouses produce it. might want to look it up. there is a reason, (other than prime, grade A, angus etc) why steakhouse steaks are so much better than the ones Joe Kowlalski is throwing on the Weber...

Steakhouses don't age meat in their basement fridge.

I'm guessing you've never aged steaks for 2 months in your basement fridge, and if you did I understand why you think ketchup makes steak taste better.

Steakhouses don't age meat in their basement fridge.

I'm guessing you've never aged steaks for 2 months in your basement fridge, and if you did I understand why you think ketchup makes steak taste better.

Look, @upj87 is clearly a degenerate, but I think he's basically right here. They're special fridges, but that's how you dry age a steak.

Now, it's definitely debatable if he'd be able to replicate those conditions in his own basement fridge...but it could explain his continued defense of ketchup on steaks.

He moves and unloads the ball like an elite short stop.

Well, how about a pitcher?

Selected by the Detroit Tigers in the 2014 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft in the 37th Round (No. 1,120 overall selection...) pitched a no-hitter over Mount Pleasant with 16 strikeouts and went 3-for-4 nearly hitting for the cycle in the second game of the doubleheader ... rated the No. 35 overall prospect in Texas by Perfect Game ... also tabbed No. 133 right-handed pitcher and No. 389 overall high school prospect by Perfect Game ... an All-Region and All-American selection by Perfect Game

Yes

The great ones can look average, and then turn it on when needed. Mahomes has a chance to be one of the all time greats.

He was mediocre to lousy all game until late, but no one watching thought they were out of it because of his abilities. Amazing how the great ones can turn it on late like that.

He was mediocre to lousy all game until late, but no one watching thought they were out of it because of his abilities. Amazing how the great ones can turn it on late like that.

Boners went all out to put pressure on him and keep him uncomfortable all game. But you knew he was going to surge at some point. Luckily KC has a great defense that locked down at the same time.

He has won an MVP and been to two AFC championships in two years as a starter. Not much more he can do at this point.
He now won a super bowl. I said all along, he wins super bowl and he starts moving into the talk. These days you need lots of substance to start getting the HOF or one of the best. Nothing wrong with expecting a SB. I don’t think he had a great game, he was good, but hill, the RB, the defense, Reid was amazing, and Shanahan being dumb got the win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT