ADVERTISEMENT

Ped St Still Afraid LOL

PittFanDan17

Freshman
Jun 6, 2018

Anyone see this? Freaking love HCPN and his attitude. He aint afraid of crap and will say what is on his mind and the best HC this program has been in decades. Are football team plays like it too and Ped St is clearly afraid of us and would not want too face us any more. Since 2020, we would boat race them every single year. They play like there HC, SCARED, we play like our HC, FEARLESS

I don't blame them as much as I blame the system. They already play nine conference games, so they're only going to play one more at the most. Might as well use it in an area you're trying to recruit; they already own the WPIAL.

And yes - I know that they're playing WVU which doesn't check the recruiting box. That's a weird one (although it's geographically close and has some history, so it shouldn't be weird).

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I don’t think the Pedos are afraid, but when you weigh the risk/reward is playing Pitt really worth it for them? We likely kept them out of the playoff in 16, and I think that weighs on them. Penn State has 3 missions each season:

1. Beat Ohio State
2. Beat Michigan
3. Don’t F it up against anyone else.

Franklin hasn’t been able to accomplish all 3 in a season since he’s been there, there is his downfall. It doesn’t make sense to add Pitt to your schedule because ultimately it doesn’t help them, and can only hurt them.

They aren't scared, they're being smart. The sooner our fanbase comes to the same revelation as the nitters, the better off we'll be. Better to simply forget about them.

People need to move on and get over it.
This is the correct answer.

Reactions: johnsbe3
"Sometimes its smart to be afraid." is more like it.
This is exactly what I was going to say ... they are smart to not play us because we would beat them some years. You can debate how often, but they know it's gonna happen if we play.

The question posed by this thread is whether they are afraid to play us, and the answer is yes. They're afraid of the consequences of losing to us. Period. If they would never lose to us, then they'd play it, I guarantee it. Sure you can argue their reasoning is smart, but it doesn't change the fact that they are afraid.

That would be 11 P5 teams!

Which is insane (well, given the options... I personally think every P5 team should have to do that)... but the same people who think Pitt plays too difficult of a schedule always forget that the BIG teams already play nine conference games. If PSU played WVU and Pitt, for instance, they too would be at 11 P5 games.

They aren't scared, they're being smart. The sooner our fanbase comes to the same revelation as the nitters, the better off we'll be. Better to simply forget about them.

I totally agree. F..k em and forget em. If this were an issue throughout
the commonwealth, maybe it would have a chance. It's an issue in Wesern Pa
and I've never even heard it mentioned in Eastern PA.; well, maybe by a small
group of Pitt fans. I like the idea of WVU every year. We should play
the Nitwits in all the other sports, INCLUDING Men's basketball. Playing PSU
in everything else would speak volumes about Franklin and their football
program. We wouldn't have to even post it on here, it would obviously show
PSU, Franklin, and their athletic dept. to be what we all know they are.

While I'm at it....We are basically doing the same thing with not playing Duquesne
in men's bball. IMO, that is not only a big mistake, but also makes us look very
PSU like.

Last edited:
I blame the system as well, where “rankings” have too much of an impact on final outcomes. if there was actually a playoff, like the NFL, it wouldn’t be so disadvantageous to schedule real opponents out of conference.

I blame the system as well, where “rankings” have too much of an impact on final outcomes. if there was actually a playoff, like the NFL, it wouldn’t be so disadvantageous to schedule real opponents out of conference.
It's not about rankings. Most teams want to guarantee they have at least 7 home games each year, which is a lot easier to do if you reserve two non conference spots for G5 teams that won't ask for a return trip to their stadium.

But your coach still raped kids repeatedly for 3 decades and the HC burning in hell covered it up to protect the program. Ped State can gloat all they want, it’s still a State school that will accept even mentally challenged people into their University. The proof is that there are 100K mentally challenged people that show up there to yell we are in the fall.
Having 100K Pennsyltuckians is not something to boast about, then again, if you have been to centre county that is the highlight!

Agreed wholeheartedly.
Time for Pitt’s fanbase to move on.
Living in the past does not help the future.
Let’s Go PITT!!!

Well it's no surprise to see that PSU fans are as arrogant as always, despite their football program having the worst academic performance in the B1G.

They are smart not to schedule Pitt because they might lose?

Your fan base and school are forever defined by your coach raping young boys, your head coach covering it up and the administration going along with it.

That you will carry to your grave, now BEAT IT!
Referring to the Sandusky situation is merely looking for ANY way to poke the other fan base.
I can recall times in the 80's when several Pitt players ran afoul of law enforcement and PSU
fans jumped all over it.
The real reason the two schools should play is history and geographic proximity. Up until the mid 60's
Pitt dominated the series. Most games were in Pittsburgh since Pitt stadium capacity dwarfed Beaver Field
AT THAT TIME. Penn State partisans always bring up the imbalance of home games for Pitt attempting to
justify a 2 for 1 deal but the real reason for this was money. More spectators = more dollars. That's of
course no longer the case. A recent thread highlighted that Notre Dame plays Navy because of tradition.
Tradition should apply in this scenario as well. PSU would never go for it, but if Pitt got a bigger block of
tickets including better seats than that upper deck end zone allowance that other visitors get, Heather
might consider it. Neutral site would work too, but PSU fanbase would probably dwarf Pitt attendance
in that case

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Referring to the Sandusky situation is merely looking for ANY way to poke the other fan base.
I can recall times in the 80's when several Pitt players ran afoul of law enforcement and PSU
fans jumped all over it.
The real reason the two schools should play is history and geographic proximity. Up until the mid 60's
Pitt dominated the series. Most games were in Pittsburgh since Pitt stadium capacity dwarfed Beaver Field
AT THAT TIME. Penn State partisans always bring up the imbalance of home games for Pitt attempting to
justify a 2 for 1 deal but the real reason for this was money. More spectators = more dollars. That's of
course no longer the case. A recent thread highlighted that Notre Dame plays Navy because of tradition.
Tradition should apply in this scenario as well. PSU would never go for it, but if Pitt got a bigger block of
tickets including better seats than that upper deck end zone allowance that other visitors get, Heather
might consider it. Neutral site would work too, but PSU fanbase would probably dwarf Pitt attendance
in that case
What? No way these are analogous! Give me the backyard brawl every season!

Realistically too… what do Pitt fans want? These schedules are made about a decade in advance. Is the game supposed to just magically appear on this years schedule?

Not quite. I’m not sure if you know this, but PSU has an enormous athletic department (one of the biggest in the country) and needs the revenue of 7 home games annually to fund all of their sports.

The B1G plays 9 conference games, so some years PSU will have 5 conference home games, and some years they’ll have 4. This means that some years they need 2 non-conference teams to visit Happy Valley (like last year), and some years they need 3 (like this year). So ultimately, they only have room for 1 non-conference home and home on their schedule.

It’s been mentioned numerous times that if they play a 1:1 with Pitt, they won’t have room for any other P5 teams. And while the portion of our fanbase with ties to Pittsburgh (myself included) would enjoy this, the majority of our fanbase (especially those with no ties to Pittsburgh) absolutely prefers the variety of a rotating home and home with different schools.

All that is true, and all that is a choice. Penn State doesn't HAVE to play seven home games per year, Penn State WANTS to play seven home games per year. And they are in a position to do what they want.

But let's not pretend that they HAVE to do something that they clearly do not just to make a point. They don't HAVE to have seven home games. They don't HAVE to play only one P5 per year in the non-conference. They do those things because the WANT to, and because they CAN.

Reactions: FireballZ
For not caring about Pitt, the Pitt-Penn State game is one of the highest attended games in Beaver Stadium's history for a team not named Michigan or Ohio State. Syracuse and VT aren't getting the numbers Pitt does. Just about every other major college team can play its in-state rivals outside of Penn State, so I'll never accept an excuse for them or give them credit for playing a creampuff out-of-conference schedule every year.

It's whatever at this point, play the Backyard Brawl every year.

I think something to consider in all of this is that, for all we know, the Big Ten and SEC continue to expand, switch to an eleven-game conference schedule, and save the 12th game for a Big Ten/SEC Challenge. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve played our last ever game against Penn State with the exception of the unlikely postseason meeting.

I think something to consider in all of this is that, for all we know, the Big Ten and SEC continue to expand, switch to an eleven-game conference schedule, and save the 12th game for a Big Ten/SEC Challenge. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve played our last ever game against Penn State with the exception of the unlikely postseason meeting.
Here is where the SEC/Big 10 would shoot themselves in the foot. NO school plays P5 opponents week in and
week out. Look at the annual Alabama-Mercer matchup. 11 conference games a year would turn into what
some on this site have referred to as "NFL lite". Virtually no NFL team goes undefeated for 10 or 11 games.
You'll have a mixture of 10-2, 9-3, even 8-4 teams in whatever playoff scenario transpires. If other conferences
are involved, eventually a "lesser conference" team that went 12-0 or 11-1 will knock off one of the Big 10/SEC
representatives that's exhausted from playing that schedule and that will fly like the proverbial balloon. Probably a Big/SEC team would win the title every year. As others have said, that will kill widespread interest in college football

Here is where the SEC/Big 10 would shoot themselves in the foot. NO school plays P5 opponents week in and
week out. Look at the annual Alabama-Mercer matchup. 11 conference games a year would turn into what
some on this site have referred to as "NFL lite". Virtually no NFL team goes undefeated for 10 or 11 games.
You'll have a mixture of 10-2, 9-3, even 8-4 teams in whatever playoff scenario transpires. If other conferences
are involved, eventually a "lesser conference" team that went 12-0 or 11-1 will knock off one of the Big 10/SEC
representatives that's exhausted from playing that schedule and that will fly like the proverbial balloon. Probably a Big/SEC team would win the title every year. As others have said, that will kill widespread interest in college football
I don’t disagree, but I think you’re going to begin to see that change as the Big Ten/SEC continue to add members (i.e., raid the ACC) and the playoff expands with it. Fans won’t like it but it’ll make for good television. Like I said before, we need a Time Machine to take college football back to 1990!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT