incredible resolve pulled
out the win. Our players
proved the old addage,
where there's a will, there's
a way.
They "willed" this
win!

Great job players and Capel.
We won a couple where we did not play well at the end.

Today we won because we did play well at the end.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
We won a couple where we did not play well at the end.

Today we won because we did play well at the end.
The defense was spectacular at the end and the will on offense was great. Fede basket followed by defensive stop and transition 3 for Hinson were huge. Thought we got away with foul at end but those are never called and I don’t understand how it wasn’t traveling on Elliot, although a stupid rule, but made the tough plays!!!

The defense was spectacular at the end and the will on offense was great. Fede basket followed by defensive stop and transition 3 for Hinson were huge. Thought we got away with foul at end but those are never called and I don’t understand how it wasn’t traveling on Elliot, although a stupid rule, but made the tough plays!!!

The Hinson transition 3 that cut it from 6 to 3 (or was it 8 to 5?) with around a minute or a minute and a half left was massive. I didn't think Wong should have gotten the call where he dribbled into three guys, but yeah - probably a travel.

Ben Howland at the game…Burton has that dog in him where he could have played on those Ben Pitt teams.
I said literally the ssme thing
When wong scored a few times -
And he pounded he chest like - put it on me - that’s it for him -let’s win

Reactions: 4upmc
After rewatching the last 2 minutes of this game again.

Wang did the following in the final 2 minutes of this game.

-Fouled Fede to give Pitt a 3 point play
-Failed to properly close out fast enough on defense, giving up a 3 pointer to Hinson
-Missed a tough shot against Burton, then Burton got the defensive rebound
-Turned the ball over to Burton, which gave us 2 transition points off the turnover
-Turned the ball over to Burton once again in the last 10 seconds of the game

This was almost as bad in the final minutes of a game in comparison to Judah Mintz earlier this year when Syracuse had Miami cleanly beat and Mintz single handily gave the game away and lost it to Miami with about 6 bad mistakes in a row all by Mintz on both ends of the court.

Burton was the best player on the floor today. And despite a not so great performance by Burton in the first half, it wasn't even close to who the best player was after the 2nd half was finished.

After rewatching the last 2 minutes of this game again.

Wang did the following in the final 2 minutes of this game.

-Fouled Fede to give Pitt a 3 point play
-Failed to properly close out fast enough on defense, giving up a 3 pointer to Hinson
-Missed a tough shot against Burton, then Burton got the defensive rebound
-Turned the ball over to Burton, which gave us 2 transition points off the turnover
-Turned the ball over to Burton once again in the last 10 seconds of the game

This was almost as bad in the final minutes of a game in comparison to Judah Mintz earlier this year when Syracuse had Miami cleanly beat and Mintz single handily gave the game away and lost it to Miami with about 6 bad mistakes in a row all by Mintz on both ends of the court.

Burton was the best player on the floor today. And despite a not so great performance by Burton in the first half, it wasn't even close to who the best player was after the 2nd half was finished.
Burton is a legit acc POY player

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Just adding hood Schifino with Burton would turn this team from a 10 seed to a legit title contender
I’ve frequently and sometimes mistakenly slagged Nelly (outside of at Syracuse when he won the game )

But seriously we are a legit PG option way right now with this team

I’m just astounded how this team, in the span of a minute, can be both maddening & exhilarating. It’s one exciting season for sure.

I think Capel has done a very very good job. We should give him credit.

The kids are playing for each other, and that’s fun to see. The fans were terrific, too.

I don’t think any of us would have predicted that we’d be 8-3 in ACC play.

Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: gary2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT