ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt soccer

Nothing brave about the HOF, that’s soccer ;). I thought he should have finished that.
Did the ball actually deflect off the defender's foot, and not Noel's head?

To answer your earlier question, you can watch a replay today on the WatchESPN app.

Did the ball actually deflect off the defender's foot, and not Noel's head?

To answer your earlier question, you can watch a replay today on the WatchESPN app.
I don’t think, because if it did it would have been a corner kick and that’s what I was hoping for. In the replay it didn’t seem to deflect off the defender.

btw, the match will be replayed tomorrow morning at 4am as well on ACC Network.

Reactions: HOF Coach
C
I think it looked like 5 people at the game and 4 of them were the ball boys.
Could not believe the lack of a crowd. Duke comes in undefeated and ranked #2. The two highest scoring teams in the country playing (so of course it finished 0-0) and there was no one there. Worse than a Duke football game. I guess the only sport that counts there is BB. If it isn’t being played at Cameron, they aren’t going.

I thought Duke dominated the first 70 minutes. They were quicker and their passing was far superior. But, their finishing left a lot to be desired. Gilman did a nice job in their top scorer. He bodied up in him and was very physical. The Duke guy who really worried me was #18. If they got a goal, I thought it would be from him. He was too quick for our other defenders.

I’ve never seen a Pitt team passing backward as often. One time we had the ball on the right wing in the final third and 3 passes later, it was back to Van der Sar without a Duke player having touched it.

The next 10 minutes I thought was pretty even and in the last 10 minutes we were dominant. I though Noel had one but his header went high. Also thought he was fouled in the area but ref swallowed his whistle. Two or three times we needed one good pass to get in on the GK alone. But our passing in the final 3rd was really poor.

I assume Jacquesson is hurt. Is he out for the season?

C

Could not believe the lack of a crowd. Duke comes in undefeated and ranked #2. The two highest scoring teams in the country playing (so of course it finished 0-0) and there was no one there. Worse than a Duke football game. I guess the only sport that counts there is BB. If it isn’t being played at Cameron, they aren’t going.

I thought Duke dominated the first 70 minutes. They were quicker and their passing was far superior. But, their finishing left a lot to be desired. Gilman did a nice job in their top scorer. He bodied up in him and was very physical. The Duke guy who really worried me was #18. If they got a goal, I thought it would be from him. He was too quick for our other defenders.

I’ve never seen a Pitt team passing backward as often. One time we had the ball on the right wing in the final third and 3 passes later, it was back to Van der Sar without a Duke player having touched it.

The next 10 minutes I thought was pretty even and in the last 10 minutes we were dominant. I though Noel had one but his header went high. Also thought he was fouled in the area but ref swallowed his whistle. Two or three times we needed one good pass to get in on the GK alone. But our passing in the final 3rd was really poor.

I assume Jacquesson is hurt. Is he out for the season?
He didn't play for Duquesne either and surely no one in Pgh media will ask.

With a win, Pitt will be 5th seed. With a loss, ??

looks like they will host either way.

I believe we are locked in to 6th and will play BC in the first round.

I believe Duke is locked into the 3rd seed, so if we win in the first round we will play them second.

I believe we are locked in to 6th and will play BC in the first round.

I believe Duke is locked into the 3rd seed, so if we win in the first round we will play them second.
In your defense a lot was riding on the Duke v Virginia Tech, and the UNC v UVa, and I think Syracuse games. I know Duke needed UVA to not win against UNC.

In your defense a lot was riding on the Duke v Virginia Tech, and the UNC v UVa, and I think Syracuse games. I know Duke needed UVA to not win against UNC.

For Duke, I thought the standings that I was looking at had the results of their game added in, because they did for all the other teams who played at the same time or earlier than as us, but for whatever reason they did not. And I didn't notice it. So I thought they ended up with 15 points and tied for 3rd overall (2nd in the division), when in reality they had 18 points and were in 1st overall.

The BC versus NC State was just me doing the count wrong. A plain old dumb mistake.

For Duke, I thought the standings that I was looking at had the results of their game added in, because they did for all the other teams who played at the same time or earlier than as us, but for whatever reason they did not. And I didn't notice it. So I thought they ended up with 15 points and tied for 3rd overall (2nd in the division), when in reality they had 18 points and were in 1st overall.

The BC versus NC State was just me doing the count wrong. A plain old dumb mistake.
It wasn’t any great figuring by me that led to my comment. My German cousin’s boy plays for Duke and that is what he was telling me.

Pitt was quite a bit better than ND. Totally dominated the 1st Half. Then Yanis Leerman got 2 yellows and it turned into an even game with Pitt playing a man down. To my dismay, Pitt did NOT park the bus and defend while up 1-0 playing a man down. They continued to play like they had 11 and created quite a few chances. To the naked eye, the 2 teams looked even with Pitt playing a man down. But ND found a goal and it ended in a draw. FWIW, the 2nd yellow on Leerman was one of the worst calls you'll see. He got the ball then the man. At worst, it should have been just a foul but it would have been a very bad foul call. To give him not just a yellow but a 2nd yellow for what shouldn't have even been a foul was bad.

Another overtime match for this team? Unbelievable.

can’t believe I missed this. I sat at home last night unsuccessfully looking for something interesting on tv. I didn’t think the tourney started so soon.

Another overtime match for this team? Unbelievable.

can’t believe I missed this. I sat at home last night unsuccessfully looking for something interesting on tv. I didn’t think the tourney started so soon.

I thought they looked good for the most part. Just couldn't get the ball in the net. Hit the crossbar late in the game too.

Then once OT started they dominated, and everything went it.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I thought they looked good for the most part. Just couldn't get the ball in the net. Hit the crossbar late in the game too.

Then once OT started they dominated, and everything went it.
Yeah. I should have said “another tied match at the end of regulation”. Crazy. !

I walked over at halftime of the hoops game and was standing right above him on that corner. I sure should have recorded it because I had a great view. It was perfect, and awesome.

That was a semi-fun second half and great-fun overtime.

During the game I was talking with some of the boys on Duke’s team. They had two TVs set up and were watching our game and the Clemson v ND game.

As an aside, as I walked up the stairs to the game one of the geniuses in the yellow security jackets stopped me and was wondering whether or not he should allow me to come in and watch the game.

#16 (RPI) Pitt has to go to #7 UVa, then #4 Duke, then #3 Syracuse. If they beat those 3 teams, I would guess we get a Top 4 national seed and host until the College Cup.

If we lose to UVa: 15 or 16 national seed, 1st Round Bye, host R32, road for Sweet 16

If we beat UVa and lose to Duke: 12-14

If we beat Duke and lose to Syr: 7-8 national seed

#16 (RPI) Pitt has to go to #7 UVa, then #4 Duke, then #3 Syracuse. If they beat those 3 teams, I would guess we get a Top 4 national seed and host until the College Cup.

If we lose to UVa: 15 or 16 national seed, 1st Round Bye, host R32, road for Sweet 16

If we beat UVa and lose to Duke: 12-14

If we beat Duke and lose to Syr: 7-8 national seed
Nothing says ACC grind like the conference tournament that will be harder than the NCAA tournament. Like old school Big East basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT