ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Duke Gamethread

Halftime Question:

Why does it take until the 2nd quarter before the defense decides to play? It’s the third week in a row. Pitt spotted 21 points to Miami in the first quarter and then Miami scored 17 points the rest of the game…

You can’t pull this crap on Thursday or they’ll be playing catch up the whole game… UNC runs the RPO better than any team Pitt plays this year and have much better athletes than WMU…

Also, Krull SUCKS!

Atrocious first quarter. Pretty good second quarter. let’s keep it going in the second half.

Am I the only one that thought Davis stepped out of bounds almost a full yard short of the first down on that 3rd down play? Was getting ready to be angry about it, but then they never reviewed the play.
Yeah I thought so too.

Am I the only one that thought Davis stepped out of bounds almost a full yard short of the first down on that 3rd down play? Was getting ready to be angry about it, but then they never reviewed the play.
Agreed - looked like he stepped out before the line to gain. Bonehead play to be honest. The one catch that was reviewed looked to be out of bounds, but we got a break. Quite frankly - these ACC officials are just incompetent. Bad all around.

Not Davis, Carter, but yeah, he looked to have pretty clearly stepped out of bounds before he got to the first down.

Reactions: BFo8
I’m so sick of Vincent Davis I tend to blame him for plays that he isn’t even involved in.
Our running back rotation is so bizarre. Davis should rarely be used, but that would have been one of the few times to use him. Instead we use a 260lb FB who had no awareness of where the line to gain was.

Reactions: BFo8 and bwh05
Defense stepped up and it seemed like it happened when they started to blitz. Need to continue that energy in the second half. Offense can take a step to put this game away on the opening drive here.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Our running back rotation is so bizarre. Davis should rarely be used, but that would have been one of the few times to use him. Instead we use a 260lb FB who had no awareness of where the line to gain was.
You guys need to chill out. Carter made a nice catch for someone his size. He got the first down. Obviously, they should be using him more with hands like that.

I was a Davis defender until about midway through this year. It's clear he doesn't have the speed, power, or wiggle the other two do. I know they like him in the blitz pickup, but my goodness.

I’m more than a little concerned about the injuries that we’re incurring. At this rate - and with the short week - we’re gonna be struggling to field a team on Thursday.

Defense stepped up and it seemed like it happened when they started to blitz. Need to continue that energy in the second half. Offense can take a step to put this game away on the opening drive here.
Great point. That’s one way to disrupt RPO.

Well I think this production puts their first down line like 2-3 yards away from where it actually is, so based on the yellow stripe on TV he looked way short, but actually wasn't.

This offense is amazing.

Special teams, not so much haha.

Go Pitt, get the dub

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT