ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt @ Wake Game Thread

Wake scored 47 vs UVa on Saturday and got 45 in the 1st Half. Worst defensive effort of the season and bad time for it. The 4 3s by 15 year old kid and Central Michigan bum really hurt. Just bad all the way around. Cant get blown out here and have to win Saturday.

Wake scored 47 vs UVa on Saturday and got 45 in the 1st Half. Worst defensive effort of the season and bad time for it. The 4 3s by 15 year old kid and Central Michigan bum really hurt. Just bad all the way around. Cant get blown out here and have to win Saturday.
Especially when Clemson is used to raining 3s on us in Littlejohn.

Double down on Pitt here. Regression towards means both ways. Have Reud foul out. Play d. But in any event, any team can win any night. UConn down 18 tonight. Tenn only winning by 5 at Mizz. Texas A&M lost to Ark at home. Butler loses to Nova. Not an awful night.

Pitts shooters , except for Blake just aren’t good enough from 3 to consistently rely on making them like last season , without any inside presence they’ve got nothing to fall back on .

Unless Blake goes nuts in the second half I’m not sure there‘s any way they can win this game unless Wake goes cold…..frigid !

How did Austin shoot 38% from three last yr ?

This is a really poor performance so far for Pitt on both ends of the floor. Against a very good WF team, it doesn't look good right now.

We're going to have to lose no more than 2 games the rest of the year if we have any hope of getting into the NCAAT. Given this is probably one of the 2 losses, we have no wiggle room the rest of the year.

I'm a bit disappointed in the effort considering the magnitude of this game. Ish and Lowe came to play. The rest need to show some life and battle, especially on defense.

Carrington and Austin combined: 2-12 from the field, 1-9 on threes
Everyone else combined: 9-18 from the field, 5-8 on threes

Maybe less Carrington and Austin in the second half and more of the other guys?

I was about to to post this above but you beat me to it. Also,

Hinson has 2 points and is a -17 in this game in the plus minus, team worst.

Guillermo has 3 points and is a +1 in this game in the plus minus, team best.

Fede has 1 rebound total which came on offense, bad Fede is back.

Leggett had a huge performance against these guys last time. He is our leading scorer so far with 8 points and should start the 2nd half. In a huge surprise, he has zero rebounds in this game.

Zach Austin should stay on the bench for a while.

We need way more dribble penetration into the interior 2nd half. And if I was Capel, I would have Lowe and Leggett attack the paint in the 2nd half. And look for Hinson on kickouts.

Reactions: Arrch

Leggett had a huge performance against these guys last time. He is our leading scorer so far with 8 points and should start the 2nd half. In a huge surprise, he has zero rebounds in this game.

We need way more dribble penetration into the interior 2nd half. And if I was Capel, I would have Lowe and Leggett attack the interior in the 2nd half. And look for Hinson on kickouts.
This is one of those times where plus minus doesn’t tell the whole story. Fede had at least one tap out, affected multiple shots and had an easy layup. Outside of hitting a 3, GDG was atrocious. Neither were good enough, but your takeaway is GDG is playing well because he played with 4 other guys who are playing well at that time when he was dreadful. Actually watching the action is more important than following meaningless stats like +\-

This is one of those times where plus minus doesn’t tell the whole story. Fede had at least one tap out, affected multiple shots and had an easy layup. Outside of hitting a 3, GDG was atrocious. Neither were good enough, but your takeaway is GDG is playing well because he played with 4 other guys who are playing well at that time when he was dreadful. Actually watching the action is more important than following meaningless stats like +\-

My only point was GDG held serve. Hinson and Austin got crushed.

Yup. I also think Blake wsnt near as bad as the -17 indicates. If Zach and Bub make a few buckets it’s a different game. They need Bub to pick it up in the second half

There are times we really could just use a basket on the interior, and we have no answer. That play where Fede was delivered the pass into the post and he immediately passed it back out sums that up. An adequate big looks to score there.

We need way more dribble penetration into the interior 2nd half. And if I was Capel, I would have Lowe and Leggett attack the paint in the 2nd half. And look for Hinson on kickouts.

I think Lowe is our leading scorer so far, not Leggett. But WF is now finding ways to stop Lowe.

Reactions: Vader_Storm
I’m getting that bipolar feeling again like earlier in the season

I'm just hoping that Pitt can make it look like not so much of a blowout loss when it's over. Maybe get it to a 10 or 12 point loss and go on to the next game. This one is over.

Embarrassing now. They have Hinson so frustrated that I am worried he is going to do something really stupid.

I'm just hoping that Pitt can make it look like not so much of a blowout loss when it's over. Maybe get it to a 10 or 12 point loss and go on to the next game. This one is over.
This reminds me of the Miami game. Thought we were dead in the water, and we ended up with a chance to win it. We can only hope right now.

I’m getting that bipolar feeling again like earlier in the season

Bipolar is a good way to describe it.

We've been so good for a while and going on a winning streak. I hope this isn't the start of a losing streak. Pitt is stinking out the joint tonight on offense, defense, rebounding, everywhere.

Lowe gets beat on d, takes a bad 3 and misses, gets lazy in transition and fouls.

And that sums up the game tonight

Edit: then leaves the dude that looks like he’s a 16 year old playing for canon Mac wide open for a 3

Absolute embarrassment in the biggest game of the year. There aren't defenders within 10 ft of the last two 3s.

Yea I mean the last thing you wanted Pitt getting blown out by 25 plus points. Pitt’s NET is gonna drop big time if this blowout holds up. Gotta try to at least eat into this deficit. But yea this won’t do Pitt any favors with the bracketologists and the committee getting blown out by Wake in a game where the teams are so close in the brackets.

Wake is 11-12 from 1
12-17 from 2
10-17 from 3

One of the best shooting games I've ever seen. NET will drop by 12. Definitely need to win out now. The blowout kills us

Brutal. This is worst-case scenario. An L wouldn't have been surprising, but this is a severely disappointing effort tonight now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT