ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt @ Wake Game Thread

Wake is 11-12 from 1
12-17 from 2
10-17 from 3

One of the best shooting games I've ever seen. NET will drop by 12. Definitely need to win out now. The blowout kills us

While we are talking about shooting.

Pitt is shooting 1-14 in the 2nd half. That is 7%

We were do for a stinker. Missed open shots and layups.

Out physicaled.

Style of officiating did not help.

Carrington and Austin combined: 2-12 from the field, 1-9 on threes
Everyone else combined: 9-18 from the field, 5-8 on threes

Maybe less Carrington and Austin in the second half and more of the other guys?
Carrington was an 0-fer until he finally made a 3 late in the half. And that stat line does nothing to indicate how completely off his shots were, You knew they were misses as soon as they left his hands. Same with Austin, you knew his shots were too long and at best would bang off the back rim as soon as he let it fly.

Worst part about all those ugly misses, we were playing our typical offense with 5 guys out around the 3-pt line. Not a Pitt guy anywhere remotely with a chance to get an offensive rebound off those misses.

We were due for an off-shooting night.

Hinson on Saturday - 41 points
Pitt at 12:22 mark of 2nd half vs. Wake - 40 points

We were do for a stinker. Missed open shots and layups.

Out physicaled.

Style of officiating did not help.
Can't really fault the refs. They took it to us and we were unable to respond. I mentioned earlier they took Hinson out of this game, that is how you beat us. Some nights we get good secondary scoring. Tonight we got the shaft. That said, our defense was so bad we would have had to shoot 70% for the game to win.

Every 3 points is worth a NET spot, roughly. Big difference between losing by 15 or 30. A loss of 15 instead of 30 could be the reason we make the NCAAT. I hate NETt

Well, I knew we weren't going to win them all, but, this was likely a head to head battle for a tournament spot. It was a horrible spot to shit the bed.

This is so bad. So so bad. Our NET is going to drop 12. We'll be right around 60 and not even close to the NCAAT.

Well, I knew we weren't going to win them all, but, this was likely a head to head battle for a tournament spot. It was a horrible spot to shit the bed.
They just said we have the “sexy wins” though

Wake doesn’t … who even knows?

That's where we are headed. I had that as this team's ceiling a while ago. Then I thought there was a chance for more, but, tonight has shown my original thought to be accurate.

We still have to win at least 3 more games to be considered for the NIT. And the way we're playing now, that may not happen.

This is just a very poor performance in every way....defense, offense, rebounding, coaching, everything. We don't belong in the NCAAT or maybe not even in the NIT. When a middle of the pack ACC team beats a Pitt team that reads their press clippings too much and beats them by 30+, that Pitt team certainly isn't what we thought they were. We were outclassed, outhustled, outcoached, and outplayed on both sides of the floor. Pathetic.

We're back to Stallings ball.

Whatever this team ate for breakfast lunch and dinner today…

Don’t do it again

Not really. WF is undefeated at home and desperate. UConn got blown out tonight. It happens. The key is how they rebound from this game.

It happens. But its going to cost us 12 spots. You cant get beat this bad. Wake is shooting 64% for the game. Its hard to do that in pregame warmups.

This is so bad. So so bad. Our NET is going to drop 12. We'll be right around 60 and not even close to the NCAAT.
Yep. Tournament hopes are gone. They just had to be in it, they didn't have to win. Can't lose by thirty in a game of this consequence and expect to be taken seriously.

Bub. Is just terrible. He’s keeps looking for his shot when he can’t hit the ocean and is plying selfish.

Its really stupid that these 2 teams have to play their starters in a 30 point game with 4 minutes left but Joe loves the NET.

Yea the NET is gonna drop prob down to 59 or 60 after this loss. Gonna really need to bounce back against Virginia Tech at home Saturday and win at Clemson next Tuesday. A 30 point loss in such a critical game is not gonna help Pitt in the brackets the next few days.

Wake is just a more complete team to me.

... And it's really dumb that both teams still have their starters in right now. I can't stand this NET stuff.

Yep. Tournament hopes are gone. They just had to be in it, they didn't have to win. Can't lose by thirty in a game of this consequence and expect to be taken seriously.

They arent gone. We need to win out. We have probably a 10% chance of doing so.

Bub has really, really sucked tonight

These are the games that reveal the truth about your perceived stars. Bub has a long way to go until he's a consistent, quality ACC guard. I hope this is a learning experience for the whole team, especially the younger guys. They'll need it.

We still have to win at least 3 more games to be considered for the NIT. And the way we're playing now, that may not happen.

This is just a very poor performance in every way....defense, offense, rebounding, coaching, everything. We don't belong in the NCAAT or maybe not even in the NIT. When a middle of the pack ACC team beats a Pitt team that reads their press clippings too much and beats them by 30+, that Pitt team certainly isn't what we thought they were. We were outclassed, outhustled, outcoached, and outplayed on both sides of the floor. Pathetic.

Knee jerk

Hopefully just a bad night. We are not back to Stallings ball. That said, I do believe we effectively excluded ourself from the NCAA Tournament. I will settle for a trip to the NIT, hopefully.

• Haha
Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Wake is just a more complete team to me.

... And it's really dumb that both teams still have their starters in right now. I can't stand this NET stuff.

Yea, I think Wake has maybe the 3rd best talent in the league. Like that Marsh dude off the bench seems better to me than Fede or GDG. Efton Reid looks like Fede's dad. And NET is one of the 10 things wrong with America. I wished Trump or Biden would campaign on changing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT