ADVERTISEMENT

Projections regarding Tonight's Clemson Game

Delpanther

Board of Trustee
Sep 27, 2001
i think it's fair to say that there's no telling how the Panthers may fare this evening. Should be interesting to see if we can establish a little consistency. I hope that someone playing the 2 and 5 show up .

IMO..... IF we can hang with Clemson inside, we'll be ok. The NC ST and Fl ST games tell a not so nice tale.
We are starting to see big centers and forwards that are strong and athletic. NC ST made us look like boys
trying to fight men (same as last yr, of course their having Cat Barber made it even worse). We won the FL ST game (due to their poor coaching) but got beat up inside again.
I haven't forgotten Kent St who also schooled us inside and for that matter a Detroit 6'7" center who manhandled us.
Clemson is tough on D; Past Pitt teams would have gone to war with them. This year we will have to
score and somehow neutralize them inside. If we can score, play them even on the boards, and
neutralize their inside game we can win. We need all three of our centers to contribute for a change.
I'm not betting on this one, but I'm hoping we show up inside. If we do...we can win.

Such is college basketball...especially on the road in conference play. Look at Kansas, arguably the best, and most talented, team in the nation. Lost their last 3 conference road games by an average of 14 points, including by 19 to unranked Okla St. This is how college basketball works now...ebbs and flows, within games too. The shorter shot clock and three point line with the contact revolving door at colleges makes the game very up and down from night to night.

Duke had their best recruiting class ever and is in a slump...its the game now...Pitt seems to be right in the mix of the solid teams in the country and will have their ups and downs like all the others, and the road is a grind...but, Pitt has shown their ability to play and turn it on. Its going to be that kind of season.

Reactions: SacreBleu
No way. Pitt has been struggling over its last few games. Clemson is a decent team. I think Clemson blows us out unfortunately but I hope I am dead wrong.

So that means that you won't be on board pissing and moaning like you do during the game since you expect a blowout?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT