ADVERTISEMENT

Stallings buyout rumor

You my friend are in a complete fog. Read the article. Never compared anything and used the article to reference the topic. Please take a class in reading comprehension.
I'm not talking about the article. I'm talking about your posts. You referenced "the article" (even though you were too dumb/inept to actual link it) about FSU message boards. Then you claimed "I am not concerned with other message boards." If you are making comparisons to other message boards (which you did when you are posting something from another message board site about that message board) you do care about other message boards. Moreover, you have to be incredibly dense to speak about detrimental message board posting in the vacuum of only Pitt because it happens everywhere there are problems and even where there are seemingly none.

Recruits, read these boards. I know this. Why wouldn't they? It is a great way to vet and get a pulse of the fanbase of a team you are potentially interested in. Sometimes we think this to be too reactive. As someone said, go to the ND board, hell go to a UK board after a loss, there are some who want to fire Calipari.

BUT.....I think if I was a prospective Pitt recruit, it would be pretty easy to get a general feel that the fanbase is unhappy, that Stallings is not well liked, things aren't good and there isn't much support. But....that is also the truth, and you can't fault fans for being truthful. Sometimes, alot of times, message boards like this are over the top reactive, but in general, it is a barometer of the fanbase.

So it is information that can be used and processed in some manner.

Recruits, read these boards. I know this. Why wouldn't they? It is a great way to vet and get a pulse of the fanbase of a team you are potentially interested in. Sometimes we think this to be too reactive. As someone said, go to the ND board, hell go to a UK board after a loss, there are some who want to fire Calipari.

BUT.....I think if I was a prospective Pitt recruit, it would be pretty easy to get a general feel that the fanbase is unhappy, that Stallings is not well liked, things aren't good and there isn't much support. But....that is also the truth, and you can't fault fans for being truthful. Sometimes, alot of times, message boards like this are over the top reactive, but in general, it is a barometer of the fanbase.

So it is information that can be used and processed in some manner.
Clearly the poster who brought this up has never been on the free football board. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
BUT.....I think if I was a prospective Pitt recruit, it would be pretty easy to get a general feel that the fanbase is unhappy, that Stallings is not well liked, things aren't good and there isn't much support. But....that is also the truth, and you can't fault fans for being truthful.

If comments here about Stallings being an awful coach result in recruits not choosing Pitt, that is Stallings' fault for being an awful coach, not my fault for pointing it out.

If I encountered a recruit in person, and was asked whether he should play for Stallings, I could not in good conscience say 'yes'.

Reactions: ThatPittGuy
If comments here about Stallings being an awful coach result in recruits not choosing Pitt, that is Stallings' fault for being an awful coach, not my fault for pointing it out.

If I encountered a recruit in person, and was asked whether he should play for Stallings, I could not in good conscience say 'yes'.
With friends like you - who needs enemies? Stallings would not have been my choice either, but an awful coach does not win as many games as he has over his career.

but an awful coach does not win as many games as he has over his career.

You are correct. Stallings has been objectively worse at Pitt than he was in total at Vanderbilt. He was mediocre rather than awful at his last job and clearly above average at Ill St. I think you can see the downward trend starting in 2013. He's had a losing record in 3 of his last 5 years. That's awful.

You are correct. Stallings has been objectively worse at Pitt than he was in total at Vanderbilt. He was mediocre rather than awful at his last job and clearly above average at Ill St. I think you can see the downward trend starting in 2013. He's had a losing record in 3 of his last 5 years. That's awful.
I am not ready to close the book quite yet, but it appears more like a guy at the end of his career heading into retirement. His better years are in the past. I would say Barnes and the administration did an awful job. That is where I put the majority of the blame.

I'm not talking about the article. I'm talking about your posts. You referenced "the article" (even though you were too dumb/inept to actual link it) about FSU message boards. Then you claimed "I am not concerned with other message boards." If you are making comparisons to other message boards (which you did when you are posting something from another message board site about that message board) you do care about other message boards. Moreover, you have to be incredibly dense to speak about detrimental message board posting in the vacuum of only Pitt because it happens everywhere there are problems and even where there are seemingly none.
You my friend, need a good laxative, an anger management class and a reading comprehension class. You still have not read the article that I have referenced. Come back when you grow up.

I am not ready to close the book quite yet, but it appears more like a guy at the end of his career heading into retirement. His better years are in the past. I would say Barnes and the administration did an awful job. That is where I put the majority of the blame.

I disagree. He didn't take a 6-year contract at an ACC school to sit back and cash a paycheck. He's just in over his head, has continually made his own situation worse, and will continue to fail here until Lyke cuts him loose.

Reactions: ThatPittGuy
I disagree. He didn't take a 6-year contract at an ACC school to sit back and cash a paycheck. He's just in over his head, has continually made his own situation worse, and will continue to fail here until Lyke cuts him loose.
He was on the way out at Vandy. Barnes and Turner brokered a deal to benefit themselves and Stallings. Pitt was the party that got screwed in the end.

You my friend, need a good laxative, an anger management class and a reading comprehension class. You still have not read the article that I have referenced. Come back when you grow up.
I'm not angry. I did read the article, which you referenced but are too inept to link.

What did you think of the article that I was so inept to link, or are you just concerned about my computer skills? Can you ever stay on topic?
I thought it was mostly trash from more than a decade ago that essentially does not translate to our current times. It was basically a homer board moderator trying to justify banning posters. It wasn't insightful. It wasn't interesting. It wasn't news. It certainly isn't news 12 years later when technology has grossly changed the landscape and these recruits have fans tweeting at them 24/7 from all sides and all angles.

I thought it was mostly trash from more than a decade ago that essentially does not translate to our current times. It was basically a homer board moderator trying to justify banning posters. It wasn't insightful. It wasn't interesting. It wasn't news. It certainly isn't news 12 years later when technology has grossly changed the landscape and these recruits have fans tweeting at them 24/7 from all sides and all angles.
You just proved my point. That was 12 years ago and technology has advanced to where kids are even more in tuned to the internet. Glad to have your opinion. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I myself thought it was well written and opinions were not just made by the moderator, but by players also. Of. Course with your reading skills and subjective thinking, you missed that.

You just proved my point. That was 12 years ago and technology has advanced to where kids are even more in tuned to the internet. Glad to have your opinion. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I myself thought it was well written and opinions were not just made by the moderator, but by players also. Of. Course with your reading skills and subjective thinking, you missed that.
Hah. Actually, the advancement of technology means the kids are inundated with those rumors and discussion directly and they don't have to source it or find it on a message board. That includes the good and bad and from all the fanbases.

The players opinions were not surprising or insightful. They are normal. They are human.

Unbelievably funny you question someone else's "skills" of any kind as you are unable to post a link or properly type a sentence.

Hah. Actually, the advancement of technology means the kids are inundated with those rumors and discussion directly and they don't have to source it or find it on a message board. That includes the good and bad and from all the fanbases.

The players opinions were not surprising or insightful. They are normal.

Unbelievably funny you question someone else's "skills" of any kind as you are unable to post a link or properly type a sentence.
I don't care if it is a message board, twitter, or whatever. My point is, recruits, their parents, their relatives, their friends, do read things posted on the internet. You keep making my point for me, but are too ignorant to even understand it.

Last edited:
I don't care if it is a message board, twitter, or whatever. My point is, recruits, their parents, their relatives, their friends, do read things posted on the internet. You keep making my point for me, but are too ignorant to even understand it.
Groundbreaking stuff. Can you also confirm whether or not we landed on the moon?

ooooooh, this post is getting intense!!

Im-not-a-rapper-gif-loop.gif

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT