ADVERTISEMENT

State Penn just fired their OC

Some of these schools don’t screw around, Boise fired their HC today as well. Seems to be a lot more of this happening mid season the last few years.

In fairness to Sean Clifford, how many OCs did he play for? Franklin should be cautious of doing the same to Allar.

Reactions: pittdan77
I agree with you that changes need to be made, but I also don’t like in fantasy land. Firing 3 assistants is more realistic than eating a massive buyout on Narduzzi.
Sauce, your a reasonable poster but the question is do you think PN will be willing to hire competent assistants???? I don't see that happening. I want Pitt to be successful and wish Cignetti had done a better job. FC was getting fired from BC. More than 3 assistants need shown the door and this team needs an overhaul.

Reactions: bschulter
Sauce, you’re a reasonable poster but the question is do you think PN will be willing to hire competent assistants???? I don't see that happening. I want Pitt to be successful and wish Cignetti had done a better job. FC was getting fired from BC. More than 3 assistants need shown the door and this team needs an overhaul.
I think he deserves 1 chance to right the ship. That starts with revamping the offensive staff.

Will he do it and make the right hires? I don’t know.

Do I think we have boosters that will eat his buyout? Absolutely Not.

I think he deserves 1 chance to right the ship. That starts with revamping the offensive staff.

Will he do it and make the right hires? I don’t know.

Do I think we have boosters that will eat his buyout? Absolutely Not.

There are no number of boosters who are eating the buyout. It's a dream not based in reality. Hell, look at what it will take for A412 to raise a piddly million dollars

Heather has no leverage, and neither does Gabel. Maybe they can offer Duzz more resource if he makes changes

The best we can hope for is this being so bad that Narduzzi finally comes to his senses.

Pitt fans would likely have embraced a Yurcich hire given his OSU and Ok State pedigree. Had some great material (thx Beano) at WR and RB but it didn’t work out against the best D’s. On the other hand, Pitt can’t stack wins or stats against “meh“ conference foes.

I agree with you that changes need to be made, but I also don’t like in fantasy land. Firing 3 assistants is more realistic than eating a massive buyout on Narduzzi.
Precisely. I'm a realist as well. It ain't gonna happen. Sacrificing some assistant coaches is more realistic. Now who he replaces the coaches with is the key.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Thanks, Nitter, but we'll pass. You already stuck us with yet another in your long line of bum QBs.
I’m a Pitt fan realist. The only downside to him is that he might be up for a better job elsewhere.

He’s a local, which we know Narduzzi loves.
He’s got recruiting chops and I imagine has already been working our regions and has relationships.
He been the OC for 8 top-20 offenses in his 9 seasons as an Offensive Coordinator at PSU, Texas, and OK State.

Under most circumstances we wouldn’t have a chance to get him at this point in his career. He’s going to land a P5 OC position and he would be a Home Run hire for this program.

Yep...and ragged on us who thought it was a complete disaster.
And we're supposed to think PN will be willing to part ways with 4-5 assistant coaches?? Hopefully he won't have a say in that. Bring back Beatty to run the offense. The heat is on PN and not on the street lol. H2P

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT