ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen F Austin vs Duke

I watched the last 16 seconds of WVU/Northern Iowa. UNI inbounding the ball with 15 seconds left down 3 and Pete Gillen, former Xavier coach, who has made millions coaching college basketball is screaming to FOUL with 15 seconds left. You dont foul them with that much time. Those types of fouls should only occur with 4 seconds or less. Even at 5 seconds, its risky. Definitely not 15 seconds. Amazing how flat out dumb some of these coaches are.

I watched the last 16 seconds of WVU/Northern Iowa. UNI inbounding the ball with 15 seconds left down 3 and Pete Gillen, former Xavier coach, who has made millions coaching college basketball is screaming to FOUL with 15 seconds left. You dont foul them with that much time. Those types of fouls should only occur with 4 seconds or less. Even at 5 seconds, its risky. Definitely not 15 seconds. Amazing how flat out dumb some of these coaches are.
His ridiculous New York accent was slightly amusing but what a choke by UNI, shame it had to end the way it did too with a questionable flagrant 1.

They had a few nice runs in the tournament over the years. Need to file their name away as a possible sleeper if they make it again this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC_Area_Panther
Dont get ATTSN so had to watch on my phone turning off the wifi to avoid the Comcast blackout. Turned it on with 40 seconds left. Dont think I've ever seen a breakaway buzzer beater like that.

SFA is one of the best lower mid-majors out there so I wasnt surprised it was close but wouldn't have thought they'd win. Looking like SFA/Nicholls in the SLC Final. Nicholls had a nice win over UMBC, picked 2nd in the America East.

Reactions: Drew1208
Dont get ATTSN so had to watch on my phone turning off the wifi to avoid the Comcast blackout. Turned it on with 40 seconds left. Dont think I've ever seen a breakaway buzzer beater like that.

SFA is one of the best lower mid-majors out there so I wasnt surprised it was close but wouldn't have thought they'd win. Looking like SFA/Nicholls in the SLC Final. Nicholls had a nice win over UMBC, picked 2nd in the America East.

One of the best? Ranked #263 by Pomeroy ... #193 by Sagarin.

He also wasn't surprised that a 27-1/2 point underdog kept it close. ESPN says it's the biggest upset in the last 15 years, which is as far back as their data goes. But he knew it would at least be close.

Imagine all the money he'd have if he actually bet on all these things that he knew after the fact were going to happen.

He also wasn't surprised that a 27-1/2 point underdog kept it close. ESPN says it's the biggest upset in the last 15 years, which is as far back as their data goes. But he knew it would at least be close.

Imagine all the money he'd have if he actually bet on all these things that he knew after the fact were going to happen.

And if we would have lost to SFA we would have heard how pathetic we were losing to a team ranked so low. Maybe its hard to watch on your phone and he thought they were playing Auburn instead of Austin.

ff3fb569d1c78eb7778cd533bdd3494d.jpg

I said "program" which is different than "current team."

I also said "low-mid-major."

I had no idea if SFA was good this year but they have developed a "program" and these Duke frosh aren't anywhere near as good as last year's. Duke also almost lost to D2 NW MO ST (exhibition). I would have thought it would be a 10-15 point game. I wished I knew about it or I would have probably bet it. I dont bet very often. Only when its a sure thing. I started on The Rivers App and I am up $1000.

I had no idea if SFA was good this year but they have developed a "program" and these Duke frosh aren't anywhere near as good as last year's. Duke also almost lost to D2 NW MO ST (exhibition). I would have thought it would be a 10-15 point game. I wished I knew about it or I would have probably bet it. I dont bet very often. Only when its a sure thing. I started on The Rivers App and I am up $1000.
In other words

you make conclusions based on results after they happen- sort of like saying Nichols would compete in the acc - even though they stink.

or - just talking time hear your own voice

Your program also lost to Rutgers by 12. And our program plays Rutgers after this NW game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT